The Student Room Group

It's ok for USA to do anything, right?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swayum
Wrong. Who do they think they are just assassinating Osama Bin Laden? It's completely against human rights. Yes, he may be a bad person, but America is not the world's police who can go around bringing THEIR 'justice' to whomever they want. Even he has a right to a trial, just as much as a Nobel Prize winner does.

Just sayin'

WRONG
They did exactly the right thing. Churchill always was against the Nuremberg trials, saying the top Nazis should have been shot as they were captured.
I agree. Imagine the terrorist activities whilst Bin Laden was awaiting trial. He had surrendered any rights to be considered a human being.
Reply 21
Original post by Swayum
Wrong. Who do they think they are just assassinating Osama Bin Laden? It's completely against human rights. Yes, he may be a bad person, but America is not the world's police who can go around bringing THEIR 'justice' to whomever they want. Even he has a right to a trial, just as much as a Nobel Prize winner does.

Just sayin'

On the other hand, expect an AWESOME movie about the 'small team of americans' that carried it out.

_Kar.
Reply 22
Original post by Swayum
No, a good justice system should punish them and help them to change.

I don't think you can change a man who has ordered the deaths of 3k people and is a religious fundamentalist extremist.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Swayum

Just sayin'

He gave up his human rights when he ordered the deaths of 3000 innocent civilians.
Reply 24
Was wondering if this is actually against the 'law' in any way? (not that it would stop the USA ofc...)
Reply 25
This thread is either one of the following:
1. Troll thread
2. Muslim fanatic (in which case, get the hell out of the UK)
3. Politically correct moron
Reply 26
Original post by Swayum
Oh ok so suddenly we're changing our justice system to include an eye for an eye? So next time someone shoots someone, we'll just shoot him too? Next time someone rapes someone, we'll just rape that person too?

If you want to find me 4,000 Bin Ladens, then yes, I'll kill each one in retaliation to each one he's killed.

The man killed 4,000 people. If you can find ANYONE in history who hasn't in turn been killed for killing so many, then I will listen.
Reply 27
Original post by Swayum

Just sayin'

*Edit*

Also, while I'm here, although really I'm not very anti-American, I think everyone needs to watch this:

Yes they can and they do and they will.
Original post by Swayum

Just sayin'

No it's not against human rights. Al Qaeda declared war on the United States, Bin Laden is a military commbatant. He was killed in battle with US military forces.
These politically correct nonsense is getting ridiculous now. No, we are not living in a totalitarian state, no our police are not the gestapo, no our governments are not facists, and yes you don't have a single clue what you are talking about.
Reply 29
Original post by cucumber
This thread is either one of the following:
1. Troll thread
2. Muslim fanatic (in which case, get the hell out of the UK)
3. Politically correct moron

1) Obviously not.

2) Nope.

3) Again, no. I'm just tired of America owning the world and doing whatever they want.
America, **** yeah.

This sums up their attitude really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI
Original post by Swayum

no a good justice system should punish them and prevent them doing it again rehabilitation doesn't work and sure as hell doesnt work when the deluded fool thinks its the will of their 'god'
Reply 32
Original post by pol pot noodles
No it's not against human rights. Al Qaeda declared war on the United States, Bin Laden is a military commbatant. He was killed in battle with US military forces.

Please do find me the "lol ignore all of this in event of war" clause in the list of human rights.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Freerider101
x

Original post by Swayum
x

Original post by hypocriticaljap
x

Original post by thecookiemonster
x

Please see my edit.
Reply 34
Original post by Swayum

Unquestionably true. But that presumes you can catch them in the first place. He was shot and killed - so the reports say - in a firefight. The soldiers who were there to try and apprehend him were evidently in fear for their lives so sought to protect themselves. Do you not think the authorities would have rather had him alive?
Reply 35
He was fighitng back. A firefight broke out! therefore it is shoot to kill time.
Reply 36
Original post by DH-Biker
If you want to find me 4,000 Bin Ladens, then yes, I'll kill each one in retaliation to each one he's killed.

The man killed 4,000 people. If you can find ANYONE in history who hasn't in turn been killed for killing so many, then I will listen.

afaik didn't face death penalty and died of natural causes, albeit in prison
Reply 37
Original post by Swayum

You may have already noticed but justice doesn't exist.

The world runs on a policy of might is right even though there's countless preaching of liberty and freedom those are just sophistry and illusion to control the citizens/population.
You CANNOT be serious.

**** human rights. Seriously. If it were some other killer/criminal, perhaps you could be right. But Bin Laden? He deserved that and more.

Also, you're talking about the USA as the bad guys. Don't you know that half of the world's countries do not give a damn about human rights? China, North Korea, Vietnam, quite a few African countries... And I don't see you mentioning that. Well, you've made your political point of view on the US very clear.

Let the neg rep begin.
Original post by Swayum
Please do find me the "lol ignore all of this in event of war" clause in the list of human rights.

Exactly.

And do the lives of the civilians killed by Americans in Iraq, Sudan, Southeast Asia, South America and the rest of the world not count?

America also has blood on its hands, but nobody would say it was ok to assassinate those responsible without trial.

Smacks of hypocrisy to me, given the no of people (many innocent civilians and children) killed in wars waged by the US. Did any presidents or military get put on trial? Did anybody even consider treating them as war criminals?

Osama killed many thousands, but how many MILLIONS have various US presidents and military killed?

Why is it wrong for certain dictators in the Middle East to violate rules of human rights, but ok for the US to do it?

Behaving like cowboys by taking the law into their own hands. Killing and bombing wherever the **** they like. USA: You're not the world police, judge, jury and executioner.

I won't feel sorry for them when their economy crumbles and Asia rules the world.

Osama may have been a terrorist to America, but isn't America a terrorist to much of the rest of the world?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending