The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wednesday Bass
Right here.

It's okay. Can be a bit of a pain in the arse at times. But if you get along with your room mate you're generally fine. I know a fair few people going back next year in shared rooms (I think half of the hall committee is, IIRC) or sharing a house with their room mate next year. Freshers with Butler was really good and I really enjoyed it. Personally, I wouldn't go back, but it's because I'm a private person and a bit of a recluse. I'd have a look at the deluxe rooms in Butler if you get the option (they're huge, have an en-suite, and have more fridge space than the shared flats :colonhash:).

I take it it's single sex sharing!?

How did you end up in Butler Court?
Was it through choice or was it simply all they had left?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
I take it it's single sex sharing!?

How did you end up in Butler Court?
Was it through choice or was it simply all they had left?

Yeah, I don't think they're legally allowed to have mixed rooms :p:

When I went on to sign up for accommodation, the only self catered rooms they offered me we about the same price as the catered ones IIRC. So I put down preferences and they offered me a room in Butler.
Yeah, I don't think they're legally allowed to have mixed rooms :p:

When I went on to sign up for accommodation, the only self catered rooms they offered me we about the same price as the catered ones IIRC. So I put down preferences and they offered me a room in Butler.

It'd make things more interesting though. :P:
You could potentially meer the love of your life as well!

Urgh, I think I'd go for catered than Butler Court!
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
It'd make things more interesting though. :P:
You could potentially meer the love of your life as well!

Urgh, I think I'd go for catered than Butler Court!

I couldn't bare catered. Half the people I know in catered end up missing breakfast because they sleep in too late. And some miss dinner as well because they have some late lectures (latest possible is 5-6pm) so they end up paying for meals they don't eat. I love being in control of my own meals.
I couldn't bare catered. Half the people I know in catered end up missing breakfast because they sleep in too late. And some miss dinner as well because they have some late lectures (latest possible is 5-6pm) so they end up paying for meals they don't eat. I love being in control of my own meals.

Nah, I'd rather have my own privacy!

Plus I'm really messy so the other person would hate me..
Reply 125
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Don't worry about the location. You can cross the campus in under half an hour easily, probably much less on a bike. I know people who live in the middle of town but are in engineering.

I'm not sure it seems like ages if you think that I could be in a hall that allows me to get there in like 30 sec. Any halls you'd suggest in the village.
Original post by SArmo
I'm not sure it seems like ages if you think that I could be in a hall that allows me to get there in like 30 sec. Any halls you'd suggest in the village.

Depends on your budget. The only one I've stayed in there is Elvyn, which is very nice, but kind of expensive.
Reply 127
I've began looking at telford. But I'm not sure between it and Bill mo. telford is one of the only other cheap self-catered options that seem right for me. I wish I could spend a week at each to help me decide, its so hard to make a decision.
After months of deliberating, lol, I think I'm going to try and get a BillMo ensuite, failing that either a standard or attempting to get an Elvyn room. Failing both of those, Bakewell or RiggRut. And failing THEM, telford! Let's hope things go relatively to plan... :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by Rachel_Leah
After months of deliberating, lol, I think I'm going to try and get a BillMo ensuite, failing that either a standard or attempting to get an Elvyn room. Failing both of those, Bakewell or RiggRut. And failing THEM, telford! Let's hope things go relatively to plan... :smile:

Snap - again! I think we may actually be the same student...
It's looking like Bill Mo for me, back ups Bakewell and Elvyn.

Really hope I get my first choice, but as long as I'm in self catered I won't mind too much :tongue:
Original post by Lotta!
Snap - again! I think we may actually be the same student...

Definitely, you are actually another user that I made, that way it makes me look popular when we had our earlier conversations....

We had mocks the other day and I got BDE. At this rate I'm not even going to uni lol
Original post by xnatalie01x
It's looking like Bill Mo for me, back ups Bakewell and Evlyn.

Really hope I get my first choice, but as long as I'm in self catered I won't mind too much :tongue:

Same as me almost :colondollar:

might put Butler court/David Collett in 3rd instead of Evlyn
Reply 133
Hey guys, can you all log in to the accommodation registration bit of the Loughborough website?
I've typed in my UCAS number perfectly and they still don't recognise it, and I cant get through to any of the offices, despite pretty much trying all week!

Also when does accommodation open? Is it tomorrow? I keep hearing different things?! Way too much confusion and I haven't receieved any emails from them.

Cheers
Reply 134
Original post by Rachel_Leah
Definitely, you are actually another user that I made, that way it makes me look popular when we had our earlier conversations....

We had mocks the other day and I got BDE. At this rate I'm not even going to uni lol

Got to love a bit of TSR fake popularity. Looks like BillMo is going to be oversubscribed again!
Hey, what about Harry French? Maybe someone has stayed there and could share some pics or anythin.
Is it possible to choose - mixed or single sex?
And is it anywhere near Economics&Bussiness school?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by alpal
Hey guys, can you all log in to the accommodation registration bit of the Loughborough website?
I've typed in my UCAS number perfectly and they still don't recognise it, and I cant get through to any of the offices, despite pretty much trying all week!

Also when does accommodation open? Is it tomorrow? I keep hearing different things?! Way too much confusion and I haven't receieved any emails from them.

Cheers

When I checked on the site it said mid June or something like that :s-smilie:
Original post by xnatalie01x
When I checked on the site it said mid June or something like that :s-smilie:

Mid May for unconditional offer holders, early June for conditional offer holders.
Reply 138
Any opinions on Telford?
Reply 139
Thanks guys. Had a small freak out. So no-one else has got emails either?
I think I'm going for Bill Mo too. Just to be different because clearly it wont be over-subscribed AT ALL.........:wink:

Can't wait to start though

Latest

Trending

Trending