The Student Room Group

It's ok for USA to do anything, right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Victor-PP
**** human rights. Seriously. If it were some other killer/criminal, perhaps you could be right. But Bin Laden? He deserved that and more.

Why just because he attacked USA? What about the millions of deaths caused by America as per my video in the OP? Because they're not American deaths, we don't need to worry about them so much, right?

Also, you're talking about the USA as the bad guys. Don't you know that half of the world's countries do not give a damn about human rights? China, North Korea, Vietnam, quite a few African countries are just a few... And I don't see you mentioning that. Well, you've made your political point of view on the US very clear.

Let the neg rep begin.

I'm not saying any country is better or worse, I'm saying USA's decision to kill Osama was bad. No point derailing the thread by comparing USA to other countries, I'm not talking about relative goodness/badness.
Reply 41
Original post by Swayum
Why just because he attacked USA? What about the millions of deaths caused by America as per my video in the OP? Because they're not American deaths, we don't need to worry about them so much, right?

I'm not saying any country is better or worse, I'm saying USA's decision to kill Osama was bad. No point derailing the thread by comparing USA to other countries, I'm not talking about relative goodness/badness.

It's ok to kill in the name of democracy :P
While he may have had a right to a fair trial, he has not taken up that opportunity and handed himself in calmly.

Had he done so, he may have been given a fair trial. However, engaging in a firefight with US troops probably isn't the best way to say "I'd like a fair trial".
Original post by DH-Biker
If you want to find me 4,000 Bin Ladens, then yes, I'll kill each one in retaliation to each one he's killed.

The man killed 4,000 people. If you can find ANYONE in history who hasn't in turn been killed for killing so many, then I will listen.

Numerous US presidents?
Original post by Swayum

Just because? Osama Bin Laden doesn't deserve human rights. And I'm afraid I haven't seen the video you uploaded. I don't need to.

Fair enough, no point derailing the thread. And I'm not going to get into the unfair deaths America is responsible for, which will be quite a few. But still, mine is a fair point. It is obvious from your thread what your political views are and you're not being coherent. For every Osama-like death, there are 10 or 100 in North Korea or China. But you don't seem to consider that?

You see, I'm in favour of human rights. But America had the moral right to kill Osama.
Original post by StuAndMma
While he may have had a right to a fair trial, he has not taken up that opportunity and handed himself in calmly.

Had he done so, he may have been given a fair trial. However, engaging in a firefight with US troops probably isn't the best way to say "I'd like a fair trial".

This.
Original post by Swayum
Wrong. Who do they think they are just assassinating Osama Bin Laden? It's completely against human rights. Yes, he may be a bad person, but America is not the world's police who can go around bringing THEIR 'justice' to whomever they want. Even he has a right to a trial, just as much as a Nobel Prize winner does.

Just sayin'

Human rights: http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml

*Edit 2*

I've been using TSR since 2006, I don't care about your negs. What I would care about is if you'd take a few mins to read the posts in this thread first and then post your thoughts so we can have a discussion.
*Edit*

Also, while I'm here, although really I'm not very anti-American, I think everyone needs to watch this:

Osama is a international criminal and mass murderer, he killed 3000+ innocent people, of course america have the rights to find and kill the mass murderer. its the same situation as the russians storming berlin in 1945 trying to kill hitler for his crimes against humanity.
Reply 47
Original post by Swayum
Wrong. Who do they think they are just assassinating Osama Bin Laden? It's completely against human rights. Yes, he may be a bad person, but America is not the world's police who can go around bringing THEIR 'justice' to whomever they want. Even he has a right to a trial, just as much as a Nobel Prize winner does.

Just sayin'

Human rights: http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml

*Edit 2*

I've been using TSR since 2006, I don't care about your negs. What I would care about is if you'd take a few mins to read the posts in this thread first and then post your thoughts so we can have a discussion.
*Edit*

Also, while I'm here, although really I'm not very anti-American, I think everyone needs to watch this:

You think just because you've read a few law articles you know the everything about the UDHR? You don't. Unless you've read every single word in the entire Declaration and other Treaties and Convention Rights you're missing everything.
Reply 48
Original post by HarryA
You think just because you've read a few law articles you know the everything about the UDHR? You don't. Unless you've read every single word in the entire Declaration and other Treaties and Convention Rights you're missing everything.

No, I didn't say anywhere I understand everything about Human Rights - that's your interpretation. If there's anything wrong about what I've said, then please do point it out. No need to make empty statements like above.
Reply 49
An eye for an eye.
Reply 50
Original post by big-boss-91
Osama is a international criminal and mass murderer, he killed 3000+ innocent people, of course america have the rights to find and kill the mass murderer. its the same situation as the russians storming berlin in 1945 trying to kill hitler for his crimes against humanity.

Yeah, he's a bad person. But America has killed far more than 3000+ innocent people on several occasions (see my video above). You may say that "well, USA killed Osama in a war/for justice", but the same holds for their side, right? Osama and co are killing in the name of war and THEIR justice as well. Why is American justice the RIGHT one? Why does America police the world? It's not even the point though - the point is human rights.
Generally, I'd agree with you yet I can't help but feel this is a good thing. I really believe they wouldn't have killed him had he given himself up... but he never seemed the type.
Reply 52
You do realise that this guy has killed thousands indirectly. He isn't the type of person you take to trial, he is a terrorist
Original post by JL.
An eye for an eye.

"Makes the world go blind."

Gandhi
Original post by Swayum
Yeah, he's a bad person. But America has killed far more than 3000+ innocent people on several occasions (see my video above). You may say that "well, USA killed Osama in a war/for justice", but the same holds for their side, right? Osama and co are killing in the name of war and THEIR justice as well. Why is American justice the RIGHT one? Why does America police the world? It's not even the point though - the point is human rights.

and americas justice isnt right but it has got slightly more principle by the fact that its not based upon worshipping an imaginary man in the clouds
Reply 55
There's the misconception of extremists right there. They don't change. There's nothing you can do on heaven or earth (without violating human rights) that will get them to change.

Therefore we treat them as people without rights.
Reply 56
Its hard to peacefully arrest someone pointing an AK47 at you.
Reply 57
Original post by Swayum
Oh ok so suddenly we're changing our justice system to include an eye for an eye? So next time someone shoots someone, we'll just shoot him too? Next time someone rapes someone, we'll just rape that person too?

If you read the reports properly you'd have seen that they tried to get him to surrender but he refused. He's too dangerous to be left running around. They could have perhaps sedated him but who knows what the situation was, what equipment they had etc etc.

He'd have been trialled and killed anyway. Mass murder is generally not acceptable fyi.
Original post by Swayum
Oh ok so suddenly we're changing our justice system to include an eye for an eye? So next time someone shoots someone, we'll just shoot him too? Next time someone rapes someone, we'll just rape that person too?

Careful with your pronouns... who is 'our'? Are you actually American? Who are you including in 'our'?
No, but it's ok for them to kill bin Laden.

Quick Reply