The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Panda Vinnie
Wow, I'm in a state of shock.

Only woke up, had so many texts on my phone telling me to check the news Osama is dead!

Only just woke up? It's nearly one in the afternoon you lazy bugger!

:wink:
It's amazing what the americans can do when the PS3 network is down.
I wonder how the Taliban will react now... pretty nervous about that.

I heard they possibly have a nuclear bomb somewhere in Europe and if Bin Laden is killed, they'll let it off.
Reply 583
Original post by The Dynamic Uno
Er hello, if Osama wasn't actually killed and still alive couldn't he just release a new video stating so? Why would the US leave themselves that open to looking like idiots?

It's a valid point, however when was the last time he released a video?
[B]
Original post by mevidek
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-killed-on-same-day-as-adolf-hitler-115875-23102243/

I'm glad that Osama Bin Laden is dead, however I highly doubt that this will change anything. Obama will gain support, people will feel like they have had revenge for the bombings, Al-Qaeda may even gain support, and many will fall into a false sense of security. Unfortunately there are many, many more people like him, and all terrorists are the same.

I found the following article quite interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-arab-reaction

Some "proof" of his death:

Spoiler

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake?intcmp=239
I'm FML'ing right now at the amount FB statuses saying he's not dead, you can't even reason with these people, they're just like "no, but, no", and that's it. :/
pics or it didn't happen

obama be trollin
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110501202440AAoBOym - one of the most idiotic/funny threads on yahoo answers
Original post by Nator

When was the last time the President of the United States officially announced Osama bin Laden has been caught and killed?
Reply 589
Original post by mellie220
I'm not sure if I quite believe it, taking the US's word for it isn't exactly the most reliable source...
Mind you, if they wanted to lie I'm sure they wouldn't have waited almost 10 years.

More importantly, why would the Republicans hide such a victory especially when they were losing the White House? Conspiracy theorists need to think this through...
Original post by History-Student
Only just woke up? It's nearly one in the afternoon you lazy bugger!

:wink:

Haha I know! Ironically I was still awake at night when Obama was giving his speech, sadly I didn't have a clue.

Late nights and even later mornings (or afternoons I should say)...that's what the revision holidays do to me :laugh:
Reply 591
Original post by Nator

2007 and the reliability of it is still being questioned.
Reply 592
Original post by The Dynamic Uno
When was the last time the President of the United States officially announced Osama bin Laden has been caught and killed?

Doesn't answer the question :biggrin:
Original post by Seasick Steve
Let's not start conspiracy theories about whether he's dead or not. If he was still alive, Al Quaeda would deny the claims that he's dead. There's photos of his body, and the whole thing would have been captured on the soldiers' helmet cameras.

Osama wasn't the leader of the present day Al Quaeda, he has no connection with Al Quaeda operations.
Reply 594
Original post by charcharchar

Original post by charcharchar
I wonder how the Taliban will react now... pretty nervous about that.

I heard they possibly have a nuclear bomb somewhere in Europe and if Bin Laden is killed, they'll let it off.

Nonsense, I tell you.

If they had the opportunity to use a nuclear bomb, they would have used it at their first glance.
No Postmotern

No DNA

NO EVIDENCE
Reply 596
Original post by xDave-

Original post by xDave-
Are there photos/videos of him/the assault or anything? Like many people, I find it a little odd, but I believe it's the truth considering Obama's speech.

The thing about is that it was carried out by US Special Forces. Don't know which branch it was, but it's likely that they'll keep as much as poss, a secret.

I wouldn't expect to see/hear too much about it.
turns out they do take the bins out on bank holidays
Reply 598
Original post by *Hakz*
2007 and the reliability of it is still being questioned.

There we go :tongue:
Original post by manchild007
I'm just in a WTF state-of-mind right now; what will the implications be? Good, bad?

Is Obama a dead-cert for 2012 now (I don't think so in my opinion)? Crowds have gathered rather quickly in front of the White House and the Twin Tower sites too; rightly, I assume it shall be quite a jovial atmosphere in the US today...

Source - BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676)

Summary;

LMAO at your sig! Is that for real?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending