The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

top ten reasons to pick NTU Accommodation

fair enough but what they don't mention is how unorganised they really are.

they must suck at a lot of things then, but act like they don't
(edited 12 years ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 981
Original post by rahul.10
aha does make sense, i would do that if i was in charge :colone:
Thanks :smile: Their office opens on tuesday apparently, damn bank holidays, so i was gonna ring then, but yeah that would be great, cheers :biggrin:
Really? It was a load of crap anyways

Haha! So you would be this mean if you were in charge :biggrin: silly bank holiday!!
Right I think this is the number I rang! +44 (0)115 848 4200 I just explained that I needed my ID to book accommodation asap and they took my UCAS ID number thing and gave me my NTU ID. I really hope you get this sorted soon! I bet on Tuesday everyone will be phoning them for their IDs haha!!!
Reply 982
Original post by francistheswole

top ten reasons to pick NTU
Accommodation

fair enough but what they don't mention is how unorganised they really are.

they must suck at a lot of things then, but act like they don't

haha yeah, probably better not to doubt your uni choice though, just say the accommodation service is crap, and leave it at that lol. I already have my family trying to get me to change my uni (even though i physically can't, even if i wanted to), i don't need myself doubting it :s-smilie:
Reply 983
Original post by Ffion

Original post by Ffion
Haha! So you would be this mean if you were in charge :biggrin: silly bank holiday!!
Right I think this is the number I rang! +44 (0)115 848 4200 I just explained that I needed my ID to book accommodation asap and they took my UCAS ID number thing and gave me my NTU ID. I really hope you get this sorted soon! I bet on Tuesday everyone will be phoning them for their IDs haha!!!

I wouldn't call it mean, more getting what i deserve :colone: haha. Awesome, thanks :biggrin: I know yeah! Those morons are gonna put me on hold all day aren't they, that's really gonna keep me calm :mad: I'm going for sandby aswell, might see you there :biggrin:
haha yeah, probably better not to doubt your uni choice though, just say the accommodation service is crap, and leave it at that lol. I already have my family trying to get me to change my uni (even though i physically can't, even if i wanted to), i don't need myself doubting it :s-smilie:

coincidentally my parents don't want me to go ntu either, but it's too late now mwahahahahah
Reply 985
I wouldn't call it mean, more getting what i deserve :colone: haha. Awesome, thanks :biggrin: I know yeah! Those morons are gonna put me on hold all day aren't they, that's really gonna keep me calm :mad: I'm going for sandby aswell, might see you there :biggrin:

Haha!!! :biggrin:
ACE! Maybe we will see eachother :smile: Im really looking forward to moving there!
What course are you going to be doing?
:eek3: thats you waiting on the phone on Tuesday!haha!
Reply 986

coincidentally my parents don't want me to go ntu either, but it's too late now mwahahahahah

Lmao! I asked my mum why she doesn't want me to go and she went "it's too far" then i asked my dad and he goes "it's rough" and i went "how do you know?" and he said "erm.....Robin Hood" LOL!
Reply 987
Original post by Ffion

Original post by Ffion
Haha!!! :biggrin:
ACE! Maybe we will see eachother :smile: Im really looking forward to moving there!
What course are you going to be doing?
:eek3: thats you waiting on the phone on Tuesday!haha!

And me, my god the summer is gonna dragggggg
I'm doing construction management, you?
Lmao! That actually will be me, i was like that when i rang ucas up a month ago to change my uni choice, i was on hold for an hour then the woman on the phone spoke....so....slowly, i nearly flipped :eek:
they replied to my email saying

"I am sorry you are having problems logging in. I have tried checking your details and it appears that your account has been locked. Although I have tried to unlock it for you this has failed to work. We are aware that there have been some recent updates to the server and this may be the problem.

I would suggest that you keep trying to log on over the next day or so. If you are still having no success you could telephone the library tomorrow and/or Tuesday to ask one of the library staff to try the unlocking procedure again for you. The telephone number is 0115 8482175.

I am also sending a copy of this reply to the IT Service Desk so that they can also look into the issue.

Kind Regards

Diane
Clifton Campus Library"
Reply 989

they replied to my email saying

"I am sorry you are having problems logging in. I have tried checking your details and it appears that your account has been locked. Although I have tried to unlock it for you this has failed to work. We are aware that there have been some recent updates to the server and this may be the problem.

I would suggest that you keep trying to log on over the next day or so. If you are still having no success you could telephone the library tomorrow and/or Tuesday to ask one of the library staff to try the unlocking procedure again for you. The telephone number is 0115 8482175.

I am also sending a copy of this reply to the IT Service Desk so that they can also look into the issue.

Kind Regards

Diane
Clifton Campus Library"

Bloody hell, another cock up. Atleast they told you now rather then later.
Bloody hell, another cock up. Atleast they told you now rather then later.

tell me about it. next they will tell me "unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. you'll just have to try and keep logging in and hope for the best"
Reply 991

tell me about it. next they will tell me "unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. you'll just have to try and keep logging in and hope for the best"

That would be horrible, i'd just go ahead and start filling in a Open university application if they said that to me, don't think i could handle the stress :s-smilie:
So just a stupid question from a non uk student. So what does our ID do besides booking accommodation?
Reply 993
just wondering when everyone firmed their places, I still havent got my ID which is worrying me ****less and i got an unconditional offer on the 4th of april and the advanced booking closed on the 5th which was a piss take :/
Original post by Nbagnall
Hey,
I'm gonna be doing Design for Film and Television aswell :smile:
what accomodation are you staying in?

Hey! sorry for the delay. Oh good! now i know two peope doing it :biggrin:
Im not sure yet. At first I was hoping for Gill Street, but now I'm thinking maybe Hampden Halls? They both seem pretty good :rolleyes:
Do you know which one you want to apply for? :smile:
Original post by Kezogg
That sounds like a brilliant course! In fact that's what my sister wants to apply for next year at NTU! haha :smile: You'll have to let me know what you get up to so I can tell her bout it lol :smile:

haha yehh i'm exactly the samee right now! :L really excited bout it all but nervous too :P What accomodation are you thinking of then? :biggrin: x

Why thank you :smile: I'll definitely let you know how it goes so you can tell her haha what are you going to be doing?

I was thinking Gill Street first because it looked really good, but now I'm thinking maybe Hampden Halls? :s-smilie: I guess my mind will be made up by the 9th haha Do you know what accomodation you want? :smile: x
Reply 996
Original post by Liv.w

Original post by Liv.w
just wondering when everyone firmed their places, I still havent got my ID which is worrying me ****less and i got an unconditional offer on the 4th of april and the advanced booking closed on the 5th which was a piss take :/

Someone earlier mentioned that they have an unconditional offer and never recieved their ID, so they rang NTU and got it that way. You will probably have to do the same. Most people who don't have their ID, me included, are going to ring tomorrow because the office is closed today, seems like NTU have f**ked up pretty bad here.
Someone earlier mentioned that they have an unconditional offer and never recieved their ID, so they rang NTU and got it that way. You will probably have to do the same. Most people who don't have their ID, me included, are going to ring tomorrow because the office is closed today, seems like NTU have f**ked up pretty bad here.

good news mate the password finally worked lol.

have you tried ringing them today?
Reply 998
How hard do you think it is to leave your accommodation earlier than at the end of the year? (you have to find another student who is willing to take the room instead of you)

or would it be easier to take up accommodation after courses have started?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 999

good news mate the password finally worked lol.

have you tried ringing them today?

Aha, brilliant mate! Bet you're relieved :tongue: nah i'm doin it tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending