The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

The reason Americans are celebrating is because they think if you cut off the head of the snake, it will die. Perhaps in dictatorships, but this isn't one. They don't understand that Terror is a load of separate networks working separately but for the same goals.
Reply 661
All this speculation is pointless and a waste of your time.

Bin Laden is dead, fact. Who cares if he was killed yesterday or died of natural causes in 2001/2.

He is dead, thats all that matters. Finally justice has been served.

/thread
Reply 662
Original post by persianboydaddy
i agree with you, he was a western-orientated creation of propaganda, used as an excuse to blame Afghanistan for the 911 attack (so the US could invade them for OIL in 2001). The 911 attack which as a conspiracy has had many different theoretical interpretations of its cause from (US press belief), Bin Laden, being the culprit to (Channel 4 and many other critics) the US officials themselves being the cause. The truth of this is unknown, and it remains to be a conspiracy.

the irony of the matter is that, a few years channel 4 and the bbc published a couple of short documentaries (which were later deleted from the web) that the supposed Bin Laden had died in 2006?, then a few years after the media was still claiming he was still alive?, well i say the media is bull ****ting, and saturated with lies, and that THIS MAN NEVER EXISTED.

Afghanistan!!! Oil?? You mean to stabilize oil markets, and thus cost push inflation?? Oil is Iraq, and heroine is Afghanistan to put it simply.
Original post by thesweatyfox
The US has just killed Osama Bin Laden, thus making him a martyr in the eyes of his followers.

Doesn't he have to blow himself up to be a martyr?

As far as future attacks, by end of the year it will have decreased so much no one would notice them until they get another 'rich' leader as the only way they kept going was Osama's money imo.
Original post by therealOG
People think his death will turn the tide against Al-Qaeda. As if, I'm certain Bin Laden had made detailed preparations and plans for this eventuality. The war goes on...

Ha, very true.
He has always accepted that at one point he most probably will be killed. So would a man who was responsible for the death of 3,000 just live for the present, lay back and say 'what will be, will be'.
I doubt it, there are bound to be plans for the future, after his death.

People shouldn't be celebrating so, yes we should be grateful and some can say that 'justice has been served'. But this will only kick start something new with fresh motives.
Original post by Drewski
You make it sound as though you know the US forces made a conscious choice to kill him....

They were under orders to kill him....by the looks of things
Reply 666
Julian Assange, where are you? :awesome:

Looking forward to WikiLeaks releasing definitive proof :p:
Reply 669
Original post by Nator
Why no pictures? Why throw him in the sea?

Sea burial is in accordance with some Islamic traditions, one being if you are fearful that the corpse might be dug up, or made into a shrine, as may have happened with bin Laden's body. They offered it to Saudi Arabia, his country of birth, but they wouldn't take it, I mean, it would be difficult to find a country which would allow him to be buried there. In terms of no pictures; firstly, how do you know they didn't, secondly, maybe they do, but perhaps think that it isn't entirely proper to broadcast them within literally hours of his death.

Again, I don't understand the mentality, you haven't seen any pictures, so the first thing you jump to is that this is some kind of elaborate conspiracy. I'll ask again: for what purpose?
Reply 670
Original post by The Premier
I think regardless of how he died he would have been a martyr.
Even if he died naturally, killed by a disillusioned follower or by the American army people would remember him.

ha ha, i don't know if you are a muslim, but you certainly don't know what the 'conditions' of being a martyr are.

the highest martyrdom in islam is dying in a war for the sake of God. then there are a few other ways of martyrdom viewed as lower forms of martyrdom.
Original post by tehFrance
Doesn't he have to blow himself up to be a martyr?

As far as future attacks, by end of the year it will have decreased so much no one would notice them until they get another 'rich' leader as the only way they kept going was Osama's money imo.

No - a martyr is someone who dies or faces persecution for his/her beliefs.
Original post by Dekota-XS
So the DNA hasn't been verified yet?

From what i can gather reading various articles is that his dna has been confirmed, but they will not release the evidence for a few days. It also states he was first identified by facial recognition.

I'm watching the bbc news and it's saying the same thing, after identification he was buried, because they had to bury him within 24 hours in accordance to islamic law which they had to follow through the geneva convention.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 673
Original post by thunder_chunky
They were under orders to kill him....by the looks of things

That second part of the sentence is where we have issues. Especially when people drastically under-educated in military operations, rules of engagement and combat experience second guess actions that they can't possibly know about.

It is nothing short of incredibly churlish to assume that the forces went out there purely to kill, rather than attempt capture.
His compound sounds like one hell of a place. Though it does seem surprising that suspicions hadn't been raised by anyone earlier, since it's a huge complex in a colonial suburb not far from Islamabad (which happens to be where the Pakistani military's largest base is situated).

Of course, it won't make any positive impact in the fight against terrorism, but it's a symbolic strike. It's also interesting that the Pakistani government was told nothing of the operation in advance, but given its gravity and the necessary security that's understandable.
Reply 675
I have some neurotic people in my life and now all i'm going to hear about is

"OMGS WERE GONNA BE BOMBED OMGSHJF I CANT LEAVE THE HOUSE A TERRORIST WILL SHOOT ME AND MY CHILDREN AND MY MUM OMHGGGDDEWSS OMGSH I CANT GO TO A BIG CITY TERRORISTS AND WOMEN IN BURKAS WILL KILL US ALL IN THE NAME OF JIHAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Whilst they run around naked, bashing into walls and throwing themselves down stairs.

Now i'm going to be stuck reciting the same thing over and over "we're fine..... we're not gonna be bombed..... yay for the Ministry of Defence"

Thanks a lot US government for ruining my sanity and making me of an angry person.

(just a rant but yeah i dont wanna hear this everyday for the next month).
He is alive. You haven't taken his Horcruxes into account...
Sitting back and taking in the evidence before coming to any conclusions.
I hate to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but he was in Pakistan after all, and not far from a Pakistani training facility.
So is Pakistan really pulling it's weight in the war on terror?
This is totally symbolic, Al Quada (sorry for spelling) have had him only as a symbolic leader, other people have taken over in his stead. Its retribution mainly.

Quick Reply

Latest