The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by *Hakz*
You are right to think that way. It came all of a sudden especially the process of throwing his body in the river because of the muslim tradition. I'm a muslim and I've never heard of such before. Maybe it's done that way in Pakistan/Iraq.

I have read, which is a good reason, so it is to avoid a 'real burial site' . Having such an actual burial site known somewhere would probably end up bad in some way or another.
Reply 721
Original post by Nator
Proper Islamic tradition is to bury the corpse underground, like all islamic deaths. When Saddam died, a video + photos were released however in this case, none so have happened as of yet. And sure I don't know if photos have been taken or not, perhaps they have, but why not show them? Some verification needs to be shown, there is no harm in showing his dead body, and all of those people saying that his dead body will enrage other Al-Qaeda followers is frankly a load of bs.

And no that's not it, I believe he is dead as the president of the U.S wouldn't just say something wrong, with the risk of being proven incorrect, but why not show pictures? And as for the purpose, perhaps the U.S government found evidence of his death beforehand and in an attempt to boost Obama's reputation for upcoming elections, say the U.S soldiers killed Osama, causing them to be showered in glory. Again, just a theory of a purpose since you asked, but there is just something strange in this whole screnario.

I'd remind you that the official Saddam video stopped short of showing the death.

Yes, 19 months before the elections he does it, rather than say, halfway through the election campaign where it would have the greatest impact. The U.S. government, by the way, would be foolish to do this, its a similar situation to the 9/11 truthers who claim that Bush and the Repiublicans orchestrated the Twin Towers attacks, seemingly without thinking of how such a large scale operation could be carried out and how if it were carried out and then found out, it would destroy the party. You think Obama would take such a risk? You think any President would take that risk?

I just don't understand why when he clearly has been killed, you want to spend time thinking about the minutiae of these ridiculous conspiracy theories, when you could be thinking about the serious issue of Islamic fundamentalismand the possible repurcussions of what this has on US foreign policy and standing, its as if you feel unable to confront those issues, so you want to talk about silly, insignificant and insubstantial claims that the big bad USA is lying to you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 722
Original post by Austentatious

Original post by Austentatious
Oooh, you mean like The Matrix?

Lol not really
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh look, one of those retarded people i just mentioned :ahee:

Are you stalking me? You reply to half my posts with illogical bull****.

If you're calling me retarded for actually looking at the evidence and coming to a decision (which I haven't done yet) then you really are an idiot. I'm waiting for all the evidence to present itself before blindly jumping to one side or the other. It is naive to assume the US government are always truthful. And that’s all I’m saying.
It's amazing what American's can put their mind to and do when the PSN Network is down isn't it?
Original post by Smtn
So your default stance is 'conspiracy'

nice

No. My default stance is 'I don't know', the same stance everyone should have.
Reply 727
I don't see why people like to live in conspiracy theory land.

There's no pictures of lots of major events in history - does that mean that they didn't happen either?
Reply 728
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
Are you stalking me? You reply to half my posts with illogical bull****.

If you're calling me retarded for actually looking at the evidence and coming to a decision (which I haven't done yet) then you really are an idiot. I'm waiting for all the evidence to present itself before blindly jumping to one side or the other. It is naive to assume the US government are always truthful. And that’s all I’m saying.

Oh.. and it's NOT naive to automatically assume something fishy is going on.

I love your logic
:rolleyes:
Original post by JammyDoughnut
"He was holed up not in the mountains of Afghanistan but in a two-storey house a stone's throw from a Pakistani army base in Abbottabad, about 50 miles from the capital Islamabad."

http://news.uk.msn.com/in-depth/osama-bin-laden-killed/

Does anyone remember this?

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/international_politics/cameron+support+for+terror+groups+in+pakistan+aposnot+acceptableapos/3727177.html

And watch this as well, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZlx_YhL0T0&feature=related

Pakistan has been hiding Osama all this time. All you conspiracist nut jobs, the reason it took so long to find him is because we were betrayed by Pakistan- they were hiding him.

That is, if Bin Laden was actually there and killed this morning. And that he actually carried out 9/11, which there is no evidence to say he did.
i wondered when a thread like this would appear :rolleyes:
Reply 731
go put a bullet in your head
Original post by chrislpp
That is, if Bin Laden was actually there and killed this morning. And that he actually carried out 9/11, which there is no evidence to say he did.

Go see a shrink.
Original post by CharlieBee_90
That was Bush, not Obama.

'Let's all just come together in a state of mutual satisfaction about Bin Laden being dead.'

Replying to that.

At no point did I mention Obama or Bush.

And it's not as if Obama has pulled out of Afghanistan is it?
Reply 734
now everyone going to have a go at pakistan
Reply 735
Under Islamic law, people can only be buried at sea unless they died there, or if there is a risk their body will be exhumed or dug up if buried in the ground.

Former British ambassador to the US, Sir Christopher Meyer, told Sky News: "I imagine we will see proof.

"I can't concede the US president would go out to make a statement to the world that Bin Laden is dead without being able to produce evidence that he is dead.

"I think we will see some evidence - DNA or photographic - to prove there is not still some phantom Osama bin Laden riding the Tora Bora mountains."

Nuff said.
Pakistan have no reason to hide him; he killed many more Muslims than Americans, so stop with the pointless threads.
Original post by Abassk
go put a bullet in your head

Knew I'd get a reply like this.

Why do you British-born Pakistanis refuse to accept that your own third world government is corrupt?
Awkward questions for the Pakistanis now. I've visited Kakul academy myself and to think Osama was barely 100m away from me :O Good that he's been killed.

Even as a Pakistani, I think the ISI is a very devious and clever organisation- they are masters of playing the double game. In the end though, it's all strategic isn't it? They wanted to back the winning horse when the US left.

Now though... I fear reprisal attacks and the Pakistanis as usual will suffer the most while the West offers us empty sympathies.

Also do others think he was tortured and not immediately killed and thats why his body was buried at sea? To prevent the post-mortem results from getting out?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 739
Wow, people really love conspiracy theories.

I suppose the guy tweeting about a US operation in Abbottabad at 1AM this morning was just witnessing an intricate show of pretence by the US government to pretend that Bin Laden was being killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13257940

I don't think the US government is so cold and calculating as the conspiracy theorists believe.

At least sometimes the US government tells the truth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending