The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by notepad
Pakistanis know their government is corrupt; in fact, I don't know a Pakistani who has stated otherwise. However, I think they're trying to point out that this thread is quite futile (in regards to achieving anything but hatred).

So why are they getting angry and screaming AMERICA CORRUPT instead of accepting responsibility?
Original post by Abassk
let's bomb your mum

Typical paki. Gtfo of my country.
Reply 782
Original post by JammyDoughnut
"He was holed up not in the mountains of Afghanistan but in a two-storey house a stone's throw from a Pakistani army base in Abbottabad, about 50 miles from the capital Islamabad."

http://news.uk.msn.com/in-depth/osama-bin-laden-killed/

Does anyone remember this?

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/international_politics/cameron+support+for+terror+groups+in+pakistan+aposnot+acceptableapos/3727177.html

And watch this as well, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZlx_YhL0T0&feature=related

Pakistan has been hiding Osama all this time. All you conspiracist nut jobs, the reason it took so long to find him is because we were betrayed by Pakistan- they were hiding him.

Pakistan assisted in the capture and detention (and torture) of suspected terrorists. Until more information is known, making assumptions makes you look like an idiot.

That YouTube video is stupid, 99% of political YT videos are. Gaddafi said 'his' people still support him. Do you believe that?
Osama Bin Lnden was a terrorist.I agree.However what was shown after the 11th of September was that the whole thing was a set up from the inside.They needed desperately to create new threats,the threat of terrorism to start invading countries and all this...for money.It was a great excuse to attack Afganistan to conrol the production and commerce of heroine,it was a great opportunity to control the oil of Iraq..

However the media have great power.They ahve the ability to brainwash even the most educated person.Of course there are many people from America I know that know what's going on.They knwo that the real threat of this world is not Al Kaida but the Illuminati and the Freemasons.

They don't let us free to live in the planet,but they destroy daily our lives.Some of their sick tactics?Chemtrails to get sick,bankruptcy of countries one by oneso as to send their organ International Monetary Fund offer huge loans and conrol the resources of a country for decades.Their sick plans include to implant a microchip to all humans to control us better.

Please people wake up.Don't allow the corrupted governments to fool you.There is no excuse for wars!The purpose of the army is only to defend a country and not conquer and kill.

I was shocked one night that I went out and I discussed with some students and someone told me the sickest thing I have ever heard.I explained him that people of UK already suffer from unemployment and poverty and wars only make things worse.I asked him what's the point of attacking Iraq or Afganistan?Did they attack UK?His answer was sometimes offence is the best defence,just in case...
Original post by Nator
What possible fear could there be from digging up his body? He won't rise from the dead and why would people want to dig him up in the first place? Come on :tongue:

How many neo-nazis want bits of Hitler to do weird stuff with. Do we really need OBL's foot sat next to the next guy to make an Al-Qaeda video.
Original post by Smtn
So everything you are told, you don't believe until you've seen it yourself? No matter how reliable the source?

NO! You look at the evidence presented and the credibility of the source to make a decision.

Now it's obvious that the US government has a huge vested interest in his death and almost anything to do with Bin Laden; this weakens their credibility. Therefore, I seek the actual evidence rather than accepting what I've been told straight away.
Don't worry, Julian Assange is working on the case!

WikiLeaks to the rescue! Telling us things the US government doesn't...
Original post by CharlieBee_90
You mentioned he was a terrorist? Although that may have been someone else so if it was, I apologise.

Things aren't that simple. He couldn't have just pulled out like that, he inherited the war from his predecessors. Look at Lyndon B. Johnson and Vietnam, or even Nixon.

Yeah I did, and he is, but he's a clever one. He's caused far more deaths than most so called 'terrorists'.

And has he made any real steps to begin pulling out?
Something to do with islamic traditions and buying the body within 24 hours (historically to stop it decomposing in the heat of arabia I think)

If they didn't follow the tradition then presumably it would anger his followers because they're not showing him respect.
Yes, he was possibly the most evil man of the century (by which I mean C21st rather than C20th), but at the end of the day he's still a human being and a father too.
Original post by bill-e
They don't bodies in water in Pakistan/Iraq due to "muslim tradition" lol

Yes. That why I said contradiction since they bury him within 24 hours due to "islamic tradition" but they don't bury him. They throw him into the sea/river, which is against "islamic tradition"

Actually, burial at sea is not completely forbidden under any circumstances. In some exceptions (dying at sea, etc.), it is allowed and although I guess being shot on land does not qualify, burial at sea is nonetheless not strictly prohibited.
Reply 790
Original post by Nator
Half-way would have the greatest impact? That's something subjective, Obama has done nothing significant since his presidency and now he has something to be credited for; to have done something that Bush could not do. And as for president's taking a risk, who are you or myself to question what a president can or cannot do?

Silly, insignificant and insubstantial claims you say? So if USA was lying, it's all of the words you said?

No, the claims that the US are lying are silly, insignificant and insubstantial because there is literally no evidence. If you look at major, serious newspapers and journals, personally I've looked at The Guardian, BBC, The Atlantic, The Nation and The New York Times and I haven't seen a hint of any conspiracy theories. There is a reason that you, a 17 year old on an internet forum, rather than serious men who have studied the issue for a serious amount of time, are spouting of conspiracy theories.

As for Obama having done nothing, I'm not doing to argue about the elements of the Obama presidency, it doesn't seem relevent, although of course this is a defining, very important moment in it, but really it is what he does in the aftermath of the killing that really matters.

In terms of risk, I'm going to restate, do you really think that an operation on that scale, with all of those different branches of government, could have been carried out without a leak? If you do, then you have a greater respect for the machinations of the US government than I do. In addition, do you believe that Obama is a man of dishonour such as he would do something as stupid and potentially damaging to the Presidency as that? If you do, well, we have very different understandings of the man.
Reply 791
You raise quiet an interesting question. I'm going to stick around and see where this goes...
Reply 792
Original post by Rivaldo_23
Osama Bin Lnden was a terrorist.I agree.However what was shown after the 11th of September was that the whole thing was a set up from the inside...

I assumed you were an idiot when i read this.
I carried on reading.
I am now 100% sure of my previous assumption.
Reply 793
Sky news: Media reports suggest that there are photographs of the body that are due to be released
Reply 794
lool this aint your country

Original post by /raees.rahim
Typical paki. Gtfo of my country.
I think I need to know more about his death,too. It is really strange. It has been a while since noone mention his name on news, and then BAM he is now dead. Is there any link to website or video that will help in answering this question? I think there needs to be more transparency in this issue. How can we be so sure that it is him when his body is already completely disposed in the sea. Surely, he is dead it doesnt really matter where his body is kept. Why have to be in the sea straight away. This is just my opinion. Please enlighten me.
Reply 797
Lol @ Obama did nothing.

He stated in his campaign that finding Bin Laden dead or Alive was something his administration would do.

Of course he wasn't on the ground, gun in hand ready to blast OBL
But he authorised the order, he's clearly been keeping abreast with the situation
There were numerous of meetings held since August particularly several taking place in February.
To say he did nothing is clearly just being bitter and negative.
Original post by ussumane
I though it was them who gave Obama's localization to the Americans?
No it was a Guantanamo detainee who gave them the name of his chief courier, who they then tracked, and found his residence which was far too large to be his own, and then worked out Osama lived there.

The residence is huge, people would be coming and going, and there are various reports of the local police assisting him. The pakistani government knew about his possible location on some level, the fact the US didn't inform anyone, not even the government of the country they were operating in, tells you they don't trust anyone, least of all the pakistani government.
Reply 799
Original post by Manitude
Something to do with islamic traditions and buying the body within 24 hours (historically to stop it decomposing in the heat of arabia I think)

I have lots of Muslim friends who knew nothing about this ritual and always bury their dead in some white sheets. They are Pakistani Muslims.

Original post by Manitude
If they didn't follow the tradition then presumably it would anger his followers because they're not showing him respect.

I think shooting him dead will anger his followers tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending