The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
I was just talking to my flatmate about this...
There is something not right about the American claims; if Bin Laden had been killed there would be video footage of his entire body rather than one leaked photograph (if there is footage, I'm surprised it hasn't been released).

Spoiler

... Dodgy
they took his DNA and they have DNA of family records to cross reference it. Just gotta wait for the results..
Reply 802
02 May 1998: The Battle of Hogwarts. Voldemort confirmed dead.

02 May 2011: War on Terror. Osama bin Laden confirmed dead.

Coincidence I think not. Well done Harry. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 803
It is Islamic tradition to bury the body within 24 hours. The Americans asked the Saudis to take the body but they refused. I imagine they buried him at see to prevent his grave from becoming a shrine.
Reply 804
:iiam:
Original post by Lizzzle
Sky news: Media reports suggest that there are photographs of the body that are due to be released

Undoubtedly counterfeits that they are in the process of creating and releasing.

If I take a picture of something, it takes me 30 seconds to upload it on the net to show everyone. If the US officials encounter the world's most wanted terrorist, it takes them 2-3 days to 'release' pictures of it. Something fishy.
Original post by manchild007
I'm just in a WTF state-of-mind right now; what will the implications be? Good, bad?

Is Obama a dead-cert for 2012 now (I don't think so in my opinion)? Crowds have gathered rather quickly in front of the White House and the Twin Tower sites too; rightly, I assume it shall be quite a jovial atmosphere in the US today...

Source - BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676)

Summary;

lies
Interesting.
Reply 808
Original post by WhuTom
02 May 1998: The Battle of Hogwarts. Voldemort confirmed dead.

02 May 2011: Osama bin Laden confirmed dead.

Coincidence I think not. Well done Harry. :colone:

Well.. it was May 1st :rolleyes:

Hitler was announced dead on may 1st too :colone:

Original post by Dekota-XS
Undoubtedly counterfeits that they are in the process of creating and releasing.

If I take a picture of something, it takes me 30 seconds to upload it on the net to show everyone. If the US officials encounter the world's most wanted terrorist, it takes them 2-3 days to 'release' pictures of it. Something fishy.

:facepalm:

1. Your an idiot.
2. You think (UK time) that from 4am to half 2 the next day is 2-3 days.. further proof your an idiot
(edited 12 years ago)
how about another bank holiday?
Original post by speedbird
The real truth? Is there a false truth?

You dimwit...
Original post by R.B.G
I have lots of Muslim friends who knew nothing about this ritual and always bury their dead in some white sheets. They are Pakistani Muslims.

I think shooting him dead will anger his followers tbh.

It's a custom/tradition I've heard about before. They buried him at sea so that his body couldn't be found and turned into some sort of martyrdom shrine.
I agree it does sound suspicious but the only reason I can think of for burying him so quickly is what I mentioned just before (I should point out that it's not something I've just recently read on a news website!)

Yes, killing him was always going to anger his followers but they're trying to lessen the inevitable repercussions I expect. If they didn't care about the consequences then they might as well have put his head on a spike outside the tower of london or something like that. But doing something like that would clearly be unacceptable as it's extremely disrespectful.
Reply 812
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
NO! You look at the evidence presented and the credibility of the source to make a decision.

Exactly, the credibility of the source. Every single major worldwide news organisation is reporting this as fact, yet some students with tin foil hats on an irrelevant forum say the contrary.

Credibility indeed
Reply 813
Original post by R.B.G
THIS IS NOT ANOTHER CONSPIRACY THREAD

Video taken from BBC article

"It is now being widely reported that Osama Bin Laden's body has already been disposed of at sea"

Why have they disposed of his body so quickly? Isn't his body the only evidence that it is actually him they killed?

"A US official quoted by Associated Press news agency said Bin Laden's body had been buried at sea, although this has not been confirmed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

It's odd that he was buried at sea. What about all the Taliban soldiers who are killed - I doubt they are buried in 24 hours? I dunno. Given time, photos will be released and his dead body will be confirmed.
Reply 814
jihad it coming.
Thought this was a troll and checked out your source, but wow! Thanks for the info :smile:
Reply 816
Original post by Reminisce
Actually, burial at sea is not completely forbidden under any circumstances. In some exceptions (dying at sea, etc.), it is allowed and although I guess being shot on land does not qualify, burial at sea is nonetheless not strictly prohibited.

Exactly. I never stated that it was prohibited. Burial at sea should only happen if the person has died at sea and is unable to be taken back to land to be buried in time. In all other cases it is best to bury in land.
Reply 817
Original post by Dekota-XS

Just... stop.

That's the most ridiculous thing i've heard.

This isn't a facebook upload.
Original post by Tommyjw

1. Your an idiot.
2. You think (UK time) that from 4am to half 2 the next day is 2-3 days.. further proof your an idiot

1) *You're
2) *You're

Can you tell me when exactly the pictures will be released so we can scrutinize them?
Reply 819
Original post by M1F2R3
I was just talking to my flatmate about this...
There is something not right about the American claims; if Bin Laden had been killed there would be video footage of his entire body rather than one leaked photograph (if there is footage, I'm surprised it hasn't been released).

Spoiler

... Dodgy

That photograph is fake and has been in circulation for around 2 years according to the Guardian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending