The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by HarryA

It's odd that he was buried at sea. What about all the Taliban soldiers who are killed - I doubt they are buried in 24 hours? I dunno. Given time, photos will be released and his dead body will be confirmed.

It is not odd.
The reason floating around (Don't think it has been confirmed yet, but when several major newspapers are saying it and saying some official told them, i'll believe them for now) is that they could not have a ground burial site. This would end up in some kind of disturbance or conflict above it, which is kinda obvious really.

and yes, photo are going to be released, this has been stated.
BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump demands Osama Bin Laden's death certificate.
Reply 822
meanwhile in totally unrelated news, Chuck Norris has just returned from a holiday in Pakistan
Tbh I think Osama killed himself. I'm sure America would've rather captured him alive like they did with Saddam and show him off to the world before hanging him. Secondly, Bin Laden always said that he'd rather die than be captured and also told those by him to kill him rather than letting him get caught.

Surely the Americans sent in there best team, and with the technology and power they have it should've been easy to capture him as there were only a few guys in there. Also, if they had shot him, it is likely they would spray him with bullets rather just firing just the one, which is risky. But reports say that he died because of a single shot to the head.

Therefore, if he is dead, I think he may have fired that shot himself.

:cool:
Original post by Nash24
Of course they do.
The timing of his death is so convenient, it's come right in the middle of Obama's re-election campaign. He's currently a hero in America, no doubt his campaign will be effected in a good way.

Are you just saying it's at a convenient time, or that you don't believe he's dead?
If it's the first, yes. But does that necessarily have to mean it's not true? Of course not.
Erm, they threw him into the sea because they didn't want anyone to make a shrine of him, so that he wouldn't be remembered. Muslims (real Muslims) don't support Bin Laden at all. The correct Muslim way of burial is to bury the body in the ground (not in a coffin), and a positive to this is that the land actually becomes fertile and so plants can grow there :smile:
Original post by Guy Secretan
BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump demands Osama Bin Laden's death certificate.

Bin Laden death certificate published. Part 1a pneumonia Part 1b Fracture NOF Part 2a gun shot wound to head. :wink:
Reply 827
Urgh there will be reprisals no doubt :facepalm2: They should of captured and sentenced him in a court of law, and I don't mean hang him like Saddam. I suppose it couldn't be avoided.
Reply 828
Original post by R.B.G
That photograph is fake and has been in circulation for around 2 years according to the Guardian.

So they say :colonhash:

I don't understand why the CIA were so quick to get rid of the body, I don't personally believe they buried it at sea...
Original post by RedGuy
He didn't even exist. He's neither dead or alive.

I believe you're confusing him with Schrondinger's cat.
Original post by Smtn
Exactly, the credibility of the source. Every single major worldwide news organisation is reporting this as fact, yet some students with tin foil hats on an irrelevant forum say the contrary.

Credibility indeed

Where exactly do you think the news channels get their information from?

I really don't see why you've got such an issue with looking at the facts yourself. I'm not even arguing for or against.
Reply 831
lol i saw the bbc news report and now i know it is all complete bs obama trying to get public support "and his body has already been disposed of at sea"

haha yeah because they would definitely get rid of the world's most wanted man's body already
Original post by Ewan
Urgh there will be reprisals no doubt :facepalm2: They should of captured and sentenced him in a court of law, and I don't mean hang him like Saddam. I suppose it couldn't be avoided.

If they had captured him for trial there would have endless number of attacks and kidnappings by his supporters in the hope of having him released. Killing him straight away was the right thing to do.
Reply 833
Original post by M1F2R3

I don't understand why the CIA were so quick to get rid of the body, I don't personally believe they buried it at sea...

You can not believe whatever you want.. but i don't see why so quick to say everything is some sort of conspiracy. The facts as to why they buried him in the sea and why they did it with haste are there, obvious, and logical.

oh and 'so they say '.. picture is definitely a fake

http://dossier.important.free.fr/?i=6729
Reply 834
They said it was two shots too the head, but anyway hes dead.
Reply 835
Original post by M1F2R3

http://www.imagebam.com/image/84c895130475959
Reply 836
Original post by WhuTom
02 May 1998: The Battle of Hogwarts. Voldemort confirmed dead.

02 May 2011: War on Terror. Osama bin Laden confirmed dead.

Coincidence I think not. Well done Harry. :colone:

I cannot begin to explain how much this made me lol hahahahahahahaa dude ur awesome! and your comment is def going in my signature! :biggrin:
Reply 837
Original post by Occlusal
It's amazing what the americans can do when the PS3 network is down.

:facepalm:

Why pretend like you made this up...
Reply 838
Original post by The Dynamic Uno
Er hello, if Osama wasn't actually killed and still alive couldn't he just release a new video stating so? Why would the US leave themselves that open to looking like idiots?

If the world thinks he's dead then surely that's a good thing for him? Logically, he's the most wanted man in the world, they fail to kill him (hypothetically) and kill a double (hypothetically), why announce you're still alive when you can still pull the strings?
Reply 839
Original post by Tommyjw
You cannot compare those things 0.0
When the president of the US tells something , this allows for obvious assumption that is right.

Sure they don't6 tell us everything, and may lie sometimes (to which hardly any gets proven they do, if ever) but what is it with people's obsession with not believing anything they say? :faceplm:

Why not?

God exists:

Yes: the bible says so
No: there's no proof

Osama's dead:

Yes: the US say so
No: there's no proof

There's no proof to suggest that either sources are telling the absolute truth or not, no?

Anyway, enough of the religion.

It's not an obsession; what is wrong with critical thinking and coming to your own conclusion?

You could ask why are people obsessed with believing everything they're told?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending