The Student Room Group

a2 aqa info 4 coursework 2011

Scroll to see replies

anyone wanna help me out on the planning for implementation section,.. thanks.
Reply 121
Original post by needssomehelpplease
ALL DONE AND HANDED IN! it feels so good!.. Although i didn't proof read it properly once i printed everything...oh welll........ahhhh never in my life am i doing work like that again! so so so so stressful!

Original post by billy73
I just handled in the final one today. 105 pages, not bad, is it ?

Original post by azaking
Yupp, unfortunately, though im pretty sure ive done nearly everything thats needed (I hope)... aiming for a high A or A*!

Need any help?

Hellooo, seeing as you guys have done it, could you tell me what you did for evaluation!? I'm a bit stuck at the moment... Do I have to copy all my client requirements, as well as all my evaluation criteria and evaluate them individually? Then evaluate my approach i.e strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks, dunno about anyone else, but my teacher hasn't been much help :frown:
Reply 122
Original post by Kaskade
Hellooo, seeing as you guys have done it, could you tell me what you did for evaluation!? I'm a bit stuck at the moment... Do I have to copy all my client requirements, as well as all my evaluation criteria and evaluate them individually? Then evaluate my approach i.e strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks, dunno about anyone else, but my teacher hasn't been much help :frown:

Yeah mate, but because the evaluation criteria comes from the client requirements, I linked mine together then wrote a paragraph on each on them explaining if it was achieved or not. Also talk about what you would do differently if you do it again and also talk about your implementation plan created in the design section.
Reply 123
Original post by azaking
Yeah mate, but because the evaluation criteria comes from the client requirements, I linked mine together then wrote a paragraph on each on them explaining if it was achieved or not. Also talk about what you would do differently if you do it again and also talk about your implementation plan created in the design section.

I was confused about the Evaluation criteria. I thought it came from the quantitative and qualitative evaluation criteria we came up with in the analysis section. I think your right though. My teacher said the evaluation criteria comes from the requirements to. I produced a table with requirements and then the second column saying met and how it was met.
Hey am just reviewing my work, and in the background and investigation part, the second box, which says:
A description of the current
system (or existing situation)
and its environment which
shows understanding.

"its environment which shows understanding" i just wrote they have a filing cabinet behind the counter and expanded on that...is that sufficient enough?
Original post by azaking

Wat is the implementation plan, is it a plan for the whole project, so how long will you spend on analysis, design, testing, etc..?
Reply 126
Original post by raj-010
I was confused about the Evaluation criteria. I thought it came from the quantitative and qualitative evaluation criteria we came up with in the analysis section. I think your right though. My teacher said the evaluation criteria comes from the requirements to. I produced a table with requirements and then the second column saying met and how it was met.

yeah thats what I did, so I linked them and talked about it as a paragraph :smile:

Original post by OldBasterd
Wat is the implementation plan, is it a plan for the whole project, so how long will you spend on analysis, design, testing, etc..?

You should of created it in the design section tell your client how long it will take you to install the system, create the user guide, complete testing, its basically a load of dates.
Reply 127
Original post by azaking

Cheers for that! Right, now i'm going back over and boosting marks... how much do you have to write for intro to system to get 3 marks? I did about a page...
Reply 128
Original post by llamalad200
what processing is your system doing? for example: when i entered data into my system processing occurred that changed the postcode in a field from gl206tg to gl20 6tg. etc etc.

i did mine in table form though.

so

data entered | processing of data | output

I produced a DFD for my system, but totally depends on your system, not all system require a data flow diagram.

I did mine on word aswell, would have been easier to do my hand then scan it in...

my system is also a database storage system for keeping customer/staff details and event details with a query to check for events to reduce the likelihood of double bookings.
Reply 129
Original post by Kaskade
Cheers for that! Right, now i'm going back over and boosting marks... how much do you have to write for intro to system to get 3 marks? I did about a page...

i did just over a page and got 3 marks (preliminary) from my teacher as long as you go on about everything that leads up to what the existing system does both IT wise and non-IT proceudres as simple as phone calls and paper-work it should be fine
I know its about the quality and not the quantity of the work, but how many pages is your coursework so far, just curious?
Reply 131
Original post by Noj2202
i did just over a page and got 3 marks (preliminary) from my teacher as long as you go on about everything that leads up to what the existing system does both IT wise and non-IT proceudres as simple as phone calls and paper-work it should be fine

Thankyouuuuu, my friend. :biggrin:

Original post by ,,,,
I know its about the quality and not the quantity of the work, but how many pages is your coursework so far, just curious?

I'm on 164 but the quality is a bit crap here and there :P and before you ask, yes testing did take up a lot of that! how about you?
52 lool...testing took up like 20-30 pages itself!
Reply 133
Original post by ,,,,

Yeah, same for me... which part you up to?
Reply 134
Original post by ,,,,

I have just finished my project report and I have completed the coursework with 140 pages! Handing it all in tomorrow. Thank god it's over. Just gotta complete contents page and that's it! Hope we all get the grades we need :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 135
Original post by ,,,,

about 35 pages and thats just taking me to final designs :redface:!

hows your user guide going?
Reply 136
Does anyone know if you can put the questionnaire/interview, the evidence of testing and design work all in the appendix?
EDIT: Don't worry, sorted it out, you can :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kaskade
Yeah, same for me... which part you up to?

Coming on to evaluation, going back after to investigation and analysis to add data dictionary and maybe dfd's.

Original post by Noj2202
about 35 pages and thats just taking me to final designs :redface:!

hows your user guide going?

User guide is complete and moved on to evaluation :smile: yourself?
Reply 138
Original post by ,,,,
Coming on to evaluation, going back after to investigation and analysis to add data dictionary and maybe dfd's.

User guide is complete and moved on to evaluation :smile: yourself?

Nice, deadline for me is tomorrow, how abut you? I handed frat 2 sections in, got them back today and got 11 for te first and 10 for the second... Need to boost!
Reply 139
Original post by ,,,,
Hey am just reviewing my work, and in the background and investigation part, the second box, which says:
A description of the current
system (or existing situation)
and its environment which
shows understanding.

"its environment which shows understanding" i just wrote they have a filing cabinet behind the counter and expanded on that...is that sufficient enough?

I don't think that's enough... I'm trying to get that mark as well, gave it into my teacher and apparently I didn't achieve this mark. He said you gotta talk about how it fits in with outside organisations or something..? I didn't really get it..

Original post by azaking
Y.

You seem on the ball Azaking :P could you give us a hand with the above? Cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending