The Student Room Group

Guy I like said I don't meet his 'high standards'!

Scroll to see replies

What's your point? So what if he doesn't like short girls? It is his preference. I don't understand all these people calling him shallow or a waste of space just because he doesn't find one girl attractive. Get over yourself. Christ.
If he's not joking, then he's definitely an idiot and not worth getting yourself upset over.
Reply 42
Original post by Beanz123
Screw him, loads of people (myself included) find petite girls incredibly attractive

Yeeeeeeeah! :colondollar:
Reply 43
just say, my tight bumhole could make up for it...
Reply 44
Original post by Mujeriego
What's your point? So what if he doesn't like short girls? It is his preference. I don't understand all these people calling him shallow or a waste of space just because he doesn't find one girl attractive. Get over yourself. Christ.

I'm not saying he's in the wrong - I'm saying it's knocked my confidence and I'm feeling a bit down about it as I've been bullied by people in the past about it. It's not like I expect everyone to fancy me, Christ! I don't know where people on here get off on assuming they know someone who posts on here and everything about them. At what point did I assume I was the best looking person ever and he's a waste of space purely because he doesn't fancy me?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
If you're not sure whether this was a joke (difficult to tell via facebook) ask him!
If you're considering never speaking to him again, what do you have to lose by asking him if he's serious? If he is...then he's obviously a bit insecure about himself and you're better off out of it :smile: or talking to him...probbo needs help :wink:

p.s. sorry about all the 'if's i sound like a right tool :smile:
Reply 46
Sounds to me like he was joking so he could bring up the idea of the two of you dating... maybe you should have played along, see what he thought of the idea of you two 'giving it a go'.
I can only really date girls a similar height; I'm quite athletic & I like my partner & myself to be able to play a variety of sport at similar level...
To be honest if I said that to a girl, i'd be hinting at that I actually wanted to go out with them, but I'd do it in person so they could see I was joking/flirting
Original post by katy_j87
I know the guy!! He has spoken to me in person about the high standards thing about other girls, he didn't exactly say 'high' standards as a play on words, it was something generally like that about standards as he'd discussed it with me before. I don't know why you have to be such a dick, you don't actually know me or him. It's not a case of me being 'thick' as you so nicely put it :rolleyes:

The thing about the internet is that it's not the same as real life. So when someone says something borderline hurtful, like me calling you thick, it's normally to sound more forceful/serious, or to make a point.

This guy was either joking or is a total and utter d1ck. As you so strongly make clear, you 'know the guy!!!!', so I am guessing you wouldn't like him if he was such a little ****. Therefore, surely it must be a bad joke/bad flirting probably based on inexperience and social ineptitude (seeing as he hasn't had a girlfriend for 3 years).
Reply 50
Original post by Bakerzoid
I know, if I posted a thread like this, women would be saying things like 'Aren't people allowed to have standards?' or 'It is his/her preference' along with a list of nasty remarks about short statured men. Just look at the last height thread we had, I couldn't even convince women and their male sympathisers of the truth that women care about appearances, especially height, far more than men DESPITE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FROM THE ROYAL SOCIETY!

I agree with you 100%. It's ridiculous and I can't stand hypocrisy. I'm fairly certain 95%+ of the women i'll ever meet in my life will have a 'he can't be shorter than me' rule and that's fine but men have to look past height preferences because women are incredible creatures to be worshipped... lol
Reply 51
Clearly a dick dont waste time on him
Very high standards when talking about height seems like he was making a pun.
Reply 53
Yes he clearly is a massive ****. I mean how the **** can he disregard you because of your height. Its not like a woman would ever do such a thing.
Original post by Beanz123
Screw him, loads of people (myself included) find petite girls incredibly attractive

Also it sounds like it may have just been a thoughtless pun rather than a statement of his feelings

Well maybe it should be screw you for liking petite girls.

OP they way he said it was a little too blunt (especially the high standards part) but if he doesnt like shorter girls then he doesnt like shorter girls.

Id suggest you move on and dont let it get to you.

Original post by Anonymous
I'd say give him the boot. Because if a guy can say something so hurtful to you then obviously he is going to objectify you and is not going to treat you right; as according to him you are not up to his standards. As you stated earlier, people have said that you are pretty... If he can't see that, this great and beautiful flower blossoming at his feet then, truly he doesn't deserve you. My advice is, just hang in there and there will soon come a guy who would turn a blind eye to all those uneccessary aspects about you and love you for who you are. :smile:

Yeah you can stop that now. Somehow i dont think shes going to jump on you especially seeing as you dont have the balls to do it without the anon feature.

Original post by malaikah
It does sound like a joke... but then, who is he to come out with a random judgement on you?! You deserve better, babe. Personally, I'd love to be shorter- I think it looks cute :smile:

so he should have lied basically, she deserves better in someone that will lie to her? If you think people dont make judgements then your in for a very disapointing life.

Original post by Mujeriego

thank you.

Original post by katy_j87
I'm not saying he's in the wrong - I'm saying it's knocked my confidence and I'm feeling a bit down about it as I've been bullied by people in the past about it. It's not like I expect everyone to fancy me, Christ! I don't know where people on here get off on assuming they know someone who posts on here and everything about them. At what point did I assume I was the best looking person ever and he's a waste of space purely because he doesn't fancy me?!

Thats your problem not his. If your confidence is that easily knocked by one random comment then i think your issues are greater than a guy not liking you because your to short.

look some guys like tall girls, but the majority either prefer short or dont care. Its no knock meant toward you, he just doesnt find shorter women attractive.
Sounds like teasing or a joke gone horribly wrong. And nearly 6 ft is hardly tall!
Reply 56
guys an ass

end.
Reply 57
Original post by silverbolt
Well maybe it should be screw you for liking petite girls.

OP they way he said it was a little too blunt (especially the high standards part) but if he doesnt like shorter girls then he doesnt like shorter girls.

Id suggest you move on and dont let it get to you.

Yeah you can stop that now. Somehow i dont think shes going to jump on you especially seeing as you dont have the balls to do it without the anon feature.

so he should have lied basically, she deserves better in someone that will lie to her? If you think people dont make judgements then your in for a very disapointing life.

thank you.

Thats your problem not his. If your confidence is that easily knocked by one random comment then i think your issues are greater than a guy not liking you because your to short.

look some guys like tall girls, but the majority either prefer short or dont care. Its no knock meant toward you, he just doesnt find shorter women attractive.

... No... He didn't have to say it at all!
Maybe he's using height as an excuse to make it clear he isn't interested?

Many girls use this tactic. Picking on something that you can't change is sometimes easier than giving the real reason (just not interested, personality etc. etc.)

Don't take it to heart.
Original post by malaikah
... No... He didn't have to say it at all!

so lie by omission then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending