The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by konvictz0007
there is just too much crap around, i dont know what to believe.

This. Plus there's most likely a load of stuff that we're not being told. I don't trust what any government says on issues like this. For all we know Bin Laden could have been dead for ages, he could still be alive, or they may actually be telling the truth. Whatever the case I'm not believing any statements until evidence is provided to the public.
Reply 981
new avatar for everyone courtesy of the FBI

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists/usama-bin-laden/view
Original post by Tommyjw
The proof of the attack.
The proof that he is dead via DNA testing.

Nuff said.

Proof to average idiots these days = words of a US administration.
Reply 983
Original post by DH-Biker
Ayman al Zawahiri. The next target?

Who is he?
Reply 984
Original post by Tommyjw
I think we have both confused ourselves what were talking about .. lol.

Basically, i believe he is dead.. because of the proof xD

My bad if that didn't come across.

It's cool, I'm just annoyed with the 13 years olds that think they're geniuses because they found some crappy website. I mean, I'm all for questioning the world around us but some people are just ridiculous.
Original post by Aj12
Who is he?

Leader of al-Qaeda.

Here.
Reply 986
Original post by Aj12
Who is he?

next in command or something? apparently he's less charismatic/enigmatic and by far less popular internally so it's all good.
Reply 987
Original post by pippa90
This. Plus there's most likely a load of stuff that we're not being told. I don't trust what any government says on issues like this. For all we know Bin Laden could have been dead for ages, he could still be alive, or they may actually be telling the truth. Whatever the case I'm not believing any statements until evidence is provided to the public.

:facepalm:

Ok, let's ignore the fact it has been proven by DNA.

WHY would they lie?

This action is, by the words of CSI, most likely going to result in attacks.
Why would the president of the US make this up knowing how severe the actions could be?

The guy had no power. His death is just a symbol.

Pretending this 'symbol' has died, and not caring about any attacks that may happen? Sounds stupid.
I don't believe in hell. But if there is such a place, he will be feeling hot right about now.
Reply 989
Original post by chrislpp
Proof to average idiots these days = words of a US administration.

Hahahahahaha

I guess when you go to the doctors, you don't believe what they say.. because he doesn't give you whatever proof you need?

Silly idiots these days. No proof would ever be good enough for you retards.
This, will not end well. USA got too hung up on finding Osama, when they should have been sorting out the mess they made elsewhere. There will probably be a retaliation.
Reply 991
Original post by niacin
"no that's you" sigh, go play world of warcraft or something and leave current affairs to people who at least have some basic reading comprehension.

Wow, world or warcraft really? You really know a lot about me. Just as much as you know about osama's death. :wink: I can wrap rings around you, go play with 12 years. I don't have time for your ****.
Thoughts?

And I believe the picture recently released of his body is a fake; it has been merged with another picture of a man from a couple of years ago.
Also, why bury it at sea and so quickly without many pictures or footage? It seems Pakistan is also involved more with terrorists than people thought with Afghanistan. And one of the former presidents of Pakistan said the attack was a breach of Pakistan's security.......wtf? The world's most wanted was killed and he said that? :confused:

SPOILER: If squeamish do not look below

Original post by niacin
next in command or something? apparently he's less charismatic/enigmatic and by far less popular internally so it's all good.

Allegedly that's the case, and I hope so.

He's still a powerful Emir, and he holds a lot of respect, even though he's insane.

I hope he is less popular, though with the death of Osama now, I wonder what will happen to his power base.

The organization has taken a severe blow, but they'll come back. There are still influential figures within that group and its splinter factions.
Do you think those involved in his capture will get a reward. Apparently his capture dead or alive was worth $25 million , and there were about 20-25 us navy seals that captured him, so that's at least $1m each.

Not bad for a days work ay :holmes: (if they are awarded the money)
Reply 995
For a forum as supposedly intelligent as this (though I am increasingly doubting this) I really am surprised by the number of conspiracy idiots.
Original post by The Patriot
This, will not end well. USA got too hung up on finding Osama, when they should have been sorting out the mess they made elsewhere. There will be a retaliation.

I'm believe its unavoidable.

I hope I'm wrong, but he was far to strong a religious leader to be simply left "unavenged" to them.
Reply 997
Could just try looking here, don't worry, it's only got the 1000-odd posts, I'm sure you can provide something unique and new to talk about.
Original post by Alientrooper
Thoughts?

And I believe the picture recently released of his body is a fake; it has been merged with another picture of a man from a couple of years ago.
Also, why bury it at sea and so quickly without many pictures or footage? It seems Pakistan is also involved more with terrorists than people thought with Afghanistan. And one of the former presidents of Pakistan said the attack was a breach of Pakistan's security.......wtf? The world's most wanted was killed and he said that? :confused:

SPOILER: If squeamish do not look below

1- We aren't all sick and want to see pictures of a man with 2 bullet holes in his head and no brains.
2- DNA samples were taken from him and compared with DNA of his family to prove it was him, and the SEALS identified him, asked him to surrender, he didn't so bang.
3- Buried in the sea so there was no place for there to be a shrine for his followers like there would be if he was buried on land.

Im a bit bored of all these threads. People may believe its all a conspiracy and everything. People may question every minute detail and point it towards lies, but can't we all just watch the news, take in the facts and leave everything else aside?
Original post by Tommyjw
No ye, i understand.

I am in no doubt that further evidence will come forward though, and 'look forward to it'.

There's no need for the patronising tone in your comment.

Quick Reply

Latest