The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by U.S Lecce
Do you think those involved in his capture will get a reward. Apparently his capture dead or alive was worth $25 million , and there were about 20-25 us navy seals that captured him, so that's at least $1m each.

Not bad for a days work ay :holmes: (if they are awarded the money)

That price went out on a "Deck of 52". Aimed only at Private Contractors. Blackwater had a bash, and lost seven men doing so.

This was a military operation; they wont have been contracted. They'll receive medals, have articles on their "daring raid" - which it was - but that's it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
There's no need for the patronising tone in your comment.

Wasn't intentional.
Do you think those involved in his capture will get a reward. Apparently his capture dead or alive was worth $25 million , and there were about 20-25 us navy seals that captured him, so that's at least $1m each.

Not bad for a days work ay :holmes: (if they are awarded the money)

That was for information leading to his capture death. If it was all American intelligence, they (the bureau) give nothing away.

Read something about it on The Guardian. :h: All I care about is the monies. :colone:
Reply 1003
Original post by Sharri5
Wow, world or warcraft really? You really know a lot about me. Just as much as you know about osama's death. :wink: I can wrap rings around you, go play with 12 years. I don't have time for your ****.

"go play with 12 years"? wow you're an embarrassment.

just for the record i believe he's dead only I wondered how they'd manage to have a DNA sample to compare it with. it turns out they used DNA from his deceased sister but of course you knew that already didn't you? :rolleyes:

let's keep it 100, you're just some raging neckbeard, please drop the tough guy act because you've already shown how inept you are.
Original post by Tommyjw
Hahahahahaha

I guess when you go to the doctors, you don't believe what they say.. because he doesn't give you whatever proof you need?

Silly idiots these days. No proof would ever be good enough for you retards.

A little proof would be enough.

Considering there is 0, zilch, nada I refuse to go on the word of a government who we realized was extremely selfish and manipulative thanks to Wikileaks.

But we all forgot about wikileaks didn't we, OK GOD BELSS AMERRRUKA!!!
Original post by Tommyjw
Ok, let's ignore the fact it has been proven by DNA.

According to the USA...
Original post by DH-Biker
That price went out on a "Deck of 52". Aimed only at Private Contractors. Blackwater had a bash, and lost seven men doing so.

This was a military operation; they wont be contracted. They'll receive medals, have articles on their "daring raid" - which it was - but that's it.

Ah well i suppose killing the most wanted man in america is good enough. And everyone loves a medal.
Reply 1007
I think they've captured him, but dont want people to come and try and rescue him, so are just saying that he's dead..
I killed Osama last year in truth.

I proved his identity with DNA and got rid of his body completely, you will never find it because it is completely destroyed. Why you not believe me?
Osama was dead years ago.

Cant believe people are believing this.
Original post by Competencies
According to the USA...

OH for god sake :facepalm:

If they release photos you will always have idiots claiming they are fake.
Video : idiots claiming they are fake. .
Shooting him in the middle of a street: Idiots claiming it is fake.

Original post by Alex Jones
Osama was dead years ago.

Cant believe people are believing this.

Prove it.
Reply 1011
Original post by The Patriot
This, will not end well. USA got too hung up on finding Osama, when they should have been sorting out the mess they made elsewhere. There will probably be a retaliation.

Typical critic, always pointing out the negative not the positive. One of the most dangerous men in the world has been killed and all you do is criticise the people that killed him. Show some f-ing respect man. If it wasn't for the security services of all the allied countries, you wouldn't be safe.
Ah well i suppose killing the most wanted man in america is good enough. And everyone loves a medal.

Agreed.

The individuals in question will probably receive money somehow, but the $25 Million? Not nearly as much.

Should they be entitled to that? Meh, I would say so; but every other member of the Armed Forces out there has been crucial too.

At least those involved in the operation wont go without any pat on the back. Medals, biographies, documentary interviews; money will get to them at least.
I know 9/11 was a horrific tragedy. But if I killed Bin Laden, I certainly wouldn't be owning up to it. If another country had killed him, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be parading it around either. This is only going to result in an even bigger ****storm, surely they must know that? I mean, it's taken 9-and-a-bit years, billions of dollars, and thousands of lives lost (both American and civilian) all for the death and capture of one man who hasn't masterminded anything in a good few years. No WMDs, both Iraq and Afghanistan in a mess, and the one thing they achieved (besides Saddam) they have to go and mess up by publicising it so much and parading in the streets. They didn't bury him on a land site because they didn't want his bural site to become some sort of shrine - well, isn't this basically painting him as a martyr and promoting anti-Western sentiment?

Al-Qaeda probably forgot about Bin Laden ages ago, they have new leaders and by bringing this back up and blatantly heckling them, they're putting their own nation and security at risk again. Presumably, they don't want a repeat of 9/11 (or maybe they do, whatever).

Also, on a much smaller scale, this is already beginning to get out of hand what with all the 'die muslims loll' already starting on my FB feed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1014
Original post by niacin
"go play with 12 years"? wow you're an embarrassment.

just for the record i believe he's dead only I wondered how they'd manage to have a DNA sample to compare it with. it turns out they used DNA from his deceased sister but of course you knew that already didn't you? :rolleyes:

let's keep it 100, you're just some raging neckbeard, please drop the tough guy act because you've already shown how inept you are.

Embarrassment? well, you would know. you've been an embarrassment since you started posting on this forum. I'm so above your level you couldn't reach me if you tried. Grow up. Acting like a child isn't going to get you anywhere in the future.
Original post by Tommyjw
OH for god sake :facepalm:

If they release photos you will always have idiots claiming they are fake.
Video : idiots claiming they are fake. .
Shooting him in the middle of a street: Idiots claiming it is fake.

Prove it.

But at least if there was hard evidence only a crackpot minority would say it's fake.

Not every other person posting on the internet right now.
Original post by Tommyjw
:facepalm:

Ok, let's ignore the fact it has been proven by DNA.

WHY would they lie?

This action is, by the words of CSI, most likely going to result in attacks.
Why would the president of the US make this up knowing how severe the actions could be?

The guy had no power. His death is just a symbol.

Pretending this 'symbol' has died, and not caring about any attacks that may happen? Sounds stupid.

Has it? Okay I haven't looked at the news for a few hours :tongue: Still, they can easily state that, test results can easily be made up.

WHY? Because it will make them look very powerful that they've finally killed their most wanted man who's been on the run for 10 years. If they left it for any longer maybe they would find it embarrassing that they hadn't captured this one man.

As for the consequences, they may not have thought of them. They could be thinking that no terrorist would dare attack them now they've killed their leader. This obviously won't be the case, but it's still a thought.

I just don't trust the governments on things related to 9/11. After the attacks it was on the news stating that it was Bin Laden behind it within half an hour, maybe sooner. They had no proof at the time yet they bombarded everyone with it. Also there's the thing about several news stations reporting the falling of the 3rd tower before it happened (you can still see it standing in the background while a reporter is talking about it, people have hounded the bbc news reporter and her responses make it obvious that what she did was wrong etc.) I also remember watching an american news channel, think it was Fox News, and the presenters were actually making jokes of some kind and laughing. They did not seem as if they were in shock at all.

So I may sound like some crazy conspiracy theorist, but seriously if you look some of these simple things up on youtube it's painstakingly obvious that the US Government were somehow in on it.

Edit: Also, I read up this morning that the fastest time a DNA test can be performed is 72 hours. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mellie220
Is it just me who thinks it's wrong people are actually celebrating his death?

Nope, I agree with you.
Original post by chrislpp
I killed Osama last year in truth.

I proved his identity with DNA and got rid of his body completely, you will never find it because it is completely destroyed. Why you not believe me?

Because your an embarrassment to humans everywhere.

And you think writing in red makes you seem amazing or something, when it just highlights your idiotic points.
Reply 1019
Original post by Competencies
According to the USA...

What do you want, terrorists to provide the DNA? Nothing will satisfy your mind. Go away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending