The Student Room Group

@Girls: When you like a guy...

When you girls like a guy, do you purposely delay your messages at the start to try and keep him "on the lead"?

Or does it simply mean that the girl is not interested in the guy if the time in which she replies to texts can vary between 10 min-30 hours?

Scroll to see replies

No because I'm not sad enough to base relationships on texting, like some people do here.
Reply 2
It means she is busy, and that you are over-reacting!
Reply 3
When you're getting to know someone, you normally text each other. I'm not talking about an established relationship.
no

/thread
i spread out time! so truthfully! yes.
No it doesn't, it could mean she's playing games you don't know.
People are retarded and DO do stuff like that, you girls might not but I know plenty who do, I know plenty of guys who do it too. This is why I despise people, always with the game playing... people should be transparent like me ^^
Reply 7
No, I normally text back straight away, unless I'm in the cinema/in a lecture/in the shower. Some girls do delay replies though, but I don't get the point of that - if he texts me, I assume he wants to talk to me, and I like talking to him so I'm going to text back quickly. Having said that, I rarely text first.

Basically, I don't think you can read anything into how quickly girls respond to texts/whether they initiate them/anything to do with texts, partly because all girls are different.
Reply 8
sometimes yeah otherwise you seem to eager and keen. it's good to make them sweat. it does depend on the kind of text you get back though. if you get a fairly dry and boring text back, then don't reply. she's trying to give you the hint.
Reply 9
10 - 30 minutes is nothing. Shes obviously just busy, who knows she could be driving or at work, you dont know. Just chill
I think it's really stupid when people wait a certain amount of time before texting back, or think texting back too quickly makes them look desperate or anything like that.. I text back when I can, end of :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by lexi99
10 - 30 minutes is nothing. Shes obviously just busy, who knows she could be driving or at work, you dont know. Just chill

30 hours
Reply 12
Some people play games, some don't. Some answer to their texts immediately, some don't. I know girls and guys who answer to any texts after hours of waiting because they don't carry their phone everywhere they go. It means nothing. People are different.
Original post by prescilla
Some people play games, some don't. Some answer to their texts immediately, some don't. I know girls and guys who answer to any texts after hours of waiting because they don't carry their phone everywhere they go. It means nothing. People are different.

You can't say decisively it means nothing because it could, it could be she's toying with him, leading him on, or just busy indeed, ultimately yes you shouldn't worry about it because if someone wants to play games let them. I've adopted by full on blunt approach lately.

If ya wanna know just say. One time just be like "how comes it took you so long to reply" I don't see the harm in that.
Reply 14
Original post by teenageclay
You can't say decisively it means nothing because it could, it could be she's toying with him, leading him on, or just busy indeed, ultimately yes you shouldn't worry about it because if someone wants to play games let them. I've adopted by full on blunt approach lately.

If ya wanna know just say. One time just be like "how comes it took you so long to reply" I don't see the harm in that.

That'd make the whole convo really weird and just makes me seem desperate.

I asked her how her trip was this morning (she came back from Spain) and she replied 10 min after and said she was bored at school etc. I reply like "what you up to today?" and she hasn't replied in over 9 hours ... :frown:
Original post by teenageclay

NEVER say that! if someone said that to me it just gives me the impression they've been waiting about for me to reply.
it doesnt necessarily put me off, it just makes me realise they like me more than i like them, and gives me a certauin control over the situation.
Well first of all, not all girls are the same.

Secondly, some people, me, for example, truly hate texting. It's boring and tedious and gets on my nerves. Sometimes I just don't reply.

Try ringing her. Seriously, dude, what's wrong with just ringing her?
Original post by Anonymous

I asked her how her trip was this morning (she came back from Spain) and she replied 10 min after and said she was bored at school etc. I reply like "what you up to today?" and she hasn't replied in over 9 hours ... :frown:

I also sometimes pick my phone up, reply to a text, then put it down/put it back in my bag and forget about it.
She's probably busy or just hasn't heard her phone.
Original post by Anonymous

Dude if you think it sounds desperate fair enough, but you won't know if you don't ask.
You shouldn't care if you sound desperate, and if you ask me it doesn't sound desperate, just sounds like you wanna know what they're up to, like you actually give a **** y'know.
*shrugs* I just try not to care what people think anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending