The Student Room Group

AQA A Coursework - Language & Gender - theorists?!

I'm just completing my English Language coursework but I still need a few more words.
I'm hoping someone could maybe let me know of some other theorists I could look into to write about? :smile:
I'm looking at tag questions and interruptions and I've already wrote about Fishman, Cameron and Coates, Lakoff, Zimmerman and West and Tannen, thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by glitterphobia
I'm just completing my English Language coursework but I still need a few more words.
I'm hoping someone could maybe let me know of some other theorists I could look into to write about? :smile:
I'm looking at tag questions and interruptions and I've already wrote about Fishman, Cameron and Coates, Lakoff, Zimmerman and West and Tannen, thanks!

That sounds like plenty, so it's probably a question of writing more elsewhere than adding more theorists!

Have you related the work of these theorists/researchers to your own data analysis yet?
Original post by merkatron
That sounds like plenty, so it's probably a question of writing more elsewhere than adding more theorists!

Have you related the work of these theorists/researchers to your own data analysis yet?

Thanks! Wasn't sure in which area I could add more
I have, but I think it's just the matter of finding more things in my transcripts to talk about XD
thanks anyway :smile:
i need to find theorists who talk about language used in same sex relationships.. anyone help me?
Reply 4
Original post by sliceofbrice
i need to find theorists who talk about language used in same sex relationships.. anyone help me?

If you can find anything by Paul Baker (Sexed Texts is a good place to start) he looks at queer linguistics in some depth. Deborah Cameron's The Language and Sexuality Reader is handy. Not sure there's much online though...
Reply 5
Original post by sliceofbrice

[h="4"]Jennifer Coates and Deborah Jones[/h]Jennifer Coates looks at all-female conversation and builds on Deborah Tannen's ideas.

http://www.universalteacher.org.uk/lang/gender.htm#coatesandjones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending