The Student Room Group

i'm stupid &STFU.

okokok
so all over tsr i see reaaaally clever people moaing about the fact they aren't getting A*s ONLY As.

STFU

everyone on here seems to be going to Oxford, Cambridge or Durham -___-

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be "failing" with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want & work like a bastard whilst doing it.
i'm not doing 8Alevels or whatever
&i find Maths&Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TSR isn't for you. Please leave.
You're not stupid. Some of us do struggle, but if you work hard and are determined enough, you can do well.
Reply 3
Original post by Dijipo
TSR isn't for you. Please leave.

so if you're not AAA tsr isn't for you.

niiiice (y)
bottomline: do what makes you happy.
Reply 5
Your grammar, the way you presented your post and your general sentence layout isn't doing your argument any justice.
Reply 6
Original post by tigermoth99
You're not stupid. Some of us do struggle, but if you work hard and are determined enough, you can do well.

cheers
i reaaaally want to go to University of Birmingham

but i need BCC &that WITH foundation year..

i find Maths&Physics reaaally hard
even with revision :/
Everyone on TSR goes to Oxbridge!

I think there are a few red-brick and plate-glass peasants hanging around.

We don't really talk about them, though.
Reply 8
Original post by Tommyjw
Your grammar, the way you presented your post and your general sentence layout isn't doing your argument any justice.

forgot to proof read..
sorry.
Reply 9
Original post by SchadenfreudeDude
Everyone on TSR goes to Oxbridge!

I think there are a few red-brick and plate-glass peasants hanging around.

We don't really talk about them, though.

Are you going to Oxford?
Reply 10
Some people can't help but do well in their IB's or A-Levels, since when was that a crime?
Reply 11
I did Sociology/Graphic Design/Physics/Maths at AS and got BCDD. I did retakes and I got into 2 decent universities. In fact, I was even given an offer from the likes of Durham. It's not impossible.

Ignore the people who show off, just work as hard as YOU can; you can only do your best.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bethanycaddy
cheers
i reaaaally want to go to University of Birmingham

but i need BCC &that WITH foundation year..

i find Maths&Physics reaaally hard
even with revision :/

If you can spare the cash, I'd recommend a tutor. They should be able to help you with any areas you don't feel confident in.
This is called the student room, you have as much right to be here than someone who gets all a's! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by kat2pult
I did Physics/Maths/Graphic Design/Sociology at AS and got BCDD. I did retakes and I got into 2 decent universities. In fact, I was even given an offer from the likes of Durham. It's not impossible.

Ignore the people who show off, just work as hard as YOU can; you can only do your best.

aww(:
cheers!
i'm glad you got some good offers!

it's rather concerning&discouraging when it seems EVERYONES ridiculously clever..
I got BBCC in my A2 January exams, I felt very bad because I did revise but at least I didn't fail lol. I'm trying to aim for straight As, hence NOW I've already started to revise, 7/8 weeks before my A2 exams start. Although I need to get a move on with my AS resits, got one AS exam in 3 weeks and another in 4 >.<
Original post by bethanycaddy

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?

So because people are doing well they aren't real people? And they aren't working hard?

Piss off.
Reply 17
Original post by LadyLondoner
This is called the student room, you have as much right to be here than someone who gets all a's! :smile:

too right! :biggrin:
TSR is full of people that think they are all going to be investment bankers, what do you expect?
Lool awww you're really not stupid! In my AS's I got ABCD,I was really disappointed so I retook a few modules and improved my grades. Now I'm revising for my A2's and it's only now I am realizing how little work I did last year compared to how much I am doing now! If I had worked this hard last year I'm sure I could have got much better grades the first time round.

You just need to find something which will motivate you to do work. The thing motivating me at the minute is the thought that if I fail in June,I will probably not ending going to university this year,so I will have to pay the extra £6000 next year,AND stay in sixth form for another year...which isn't a very attractive option for me.

Don't worry about the other member of TSR,there are over 100 universities in the UK,not to mention all the other universities all over Europe,not everyone is going to go to Oxbridge.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending