The Student Room Group

Girl I'm dating calling me 'cutie'? O.o

Hey,
Only advice that comes from your experience please.

So I date this girl, and it was all right straight forward, we made out and had sex on the first date, and do it since (been only a couple of weeks). She knows I'm not looking for anything serious. But I can see her pushing the boundaries at times. She is pretty much VERY into me.

The only thing that I find strange is that she calls me 'cutie' quite often. I'm not native English, but I put this word more in connection with girls than with guys. Why would a girl that likes me that much as a guy feminise me? She is a bit of a Tomboy, and I'm not an ******* type guy if that helps you in any way.

As always, help is much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

she looks down on you....
Stop complaining about that, you are getting sex. Be happy.
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!

This.
Reply 4
It's a good thing, pretty much she's saying your good looking :smile:
your her b*tch
Reply 6
Some girls just use it as being synonymous with hot, given that you are getting sex I'd assume she is doing this.
Reply 7
Why are you making an issue of absolutely nothing?
Reply 8
Because you are cute! We wanna pinch your cheek. Gotchigotchigoo.
Reply 9
My god what is it with guys?? When we call you 'cute' we're not trying to demasculinise you or whatever you wanna call it. We call you cute because you are and its a GOOD thing. Get over it.
Reply 10
Original post by evolutionaryme
your her b*tch

Looking for good reps?

Original post by Implo
It's a good thing, pretty much she's saying your good looking :smile:

Yeah she made compliments about my looks, but are you sure this is the same thing? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it just doesn't seem the right word to say to a guy as a straight compliment.

Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!

If I would simply be looking for sex, I could also just call up a prostitute.
im sorry to hear about your situation.
Unfortunately this is the start of the end of your relationship and life
my condolences
Reply 12

You said you are not looking for anything serious... So you are f-buddies. What are you looking for then? And how does her calling you cutie interfere with whatever you are looking for?
Original post by GAguy
Looking for good reps?

Yeah she made compliments about my looks, but are you sure this is the same thing? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it just doesn't seem the right word to say to a guy as a straight compliment.

Then you would complain she's charging too much :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by *Lollo*
Because you are cute! We wanna pinch your cheek. Gotchigotchigoo.

that made me laugh :biggrin:

Original post by Lexi99
My god what is it with guys?? When we call you 'cute' we're not trying to demasculinise you or whatever you wanna call it. We call you cute because you are and its a GOOD thing. Get over it.

Ok, calm down...
I didn't think into it before, but I realised that this is happening a lot to me. So I am curious.

Original post by Antonia87
Why are you making an issue of absolutely nothing?

Where did I make an issue out of it? Different people got different questions..
You are looking way too much into this! It's a good thing :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by *Lollo*
You said you are not looking for anything serious... So you are f-buddies. What are you looking for then? And how does her calling you cutie interfere with whatever you are looking for?

I'm just looking for a chilled out time with a girl. sex, making out, doing stuff, you know, guy and girl stuff. I don't know about you, but I have emotions for every girl I have sex with.
Reply 17
is this your biggest problem in life?
Reply 18
Original post by GAguy
I'm just looking for a chilled out time with a girl. sex, making out, doing stuff, you know, guy and girl stuff. I don't know about you, but I have emotions for every girl I have sex with.

I am also looking for that kind of thing with a guy. Like a lover more than an f-buddy. But it usually gets messy. Either I get jealous or he does. Or both of us, although nobody admit it. And it's a difficult situation for two people to mutually understand unless it's directly explained.
It's a COMPLIMENT - accept it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending