The Student Room Group

i'm stupid &STFU.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ash121
Some people can't help but do well in their IB's or A-Levels, since when was that a crime?

i didn't say it WAS a crime.

fairplay&well done to those who have.

i mearly wondered if tsr was JUST for people like that because i can't find many post about people who don't do amazingly.
Reply 21
stop complaining about it! jesus. just because some people are going to oxbridge doesn't mean you can't learn from them! stop putting other people down, because you can learn just as much from this site as them.

big unhappy face for you :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by bethanycaddy
aww(:
cheers!
i'm glad you got some good offers!

it's rather concerning&discouraging when it seems EVERYONES ridiculously clever..

I know, but it really isn't impossible. Overall I got CCCd and, first time around, I was made offers from Durham, Kent, Lancaster, Leicester and Hull, and I was offered a place at Kent uni but withdrew on results day, then York Uni but I didn't like it so withdrew my offer from them too. Eventually I got a place at RHUL and chose to go there and loved it.

Second time round (different course), I got offered an unconditional place at the University for the Creative Arts, University of the Arts London and Kent.

All that with my bad grades. Just try the best you can!
Reply 23
Original post by EssexDan86
TSR is full of people that think they are all going to be investment bankers, what do you expect?

aha. true.

okokok
so all over tsr i see reaaaally clever people moaing about the fact they aren't getting A*s ONLY As.

STFU

everyone on here seems to be going to Oxford, Cambridge or Durham -___-

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be "failing" with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want & work like a bastard whilst doing it.
i'm not doing 8Alevels or whatever
&i find Maths&Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?

People have different expectations of themselves.

Get over it.
Reply 25
i didn't say it WAS a crime.

fairplay&well done to those who have.

i mearly wondered if tsr was JUST for people like that because i can't find many post about people who don't do amazingly.

Yeah I get you. Don't worry about them, concentrate on doing well in Physics and Maths so you get into Birmingham :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by kat2pult
I know, but it really isn't impossible. Overall I got CCCd and, first time around, I was made offers from Durham, Kent, Lancaster, Leicester and Hull, and I was offered a place at Kent uni but withdrew on results day, then York Uni but I didn't like it so withdrew my offer from them too. Eventually I got a place at RHUL and chose to go there and loved it.

Second time round (different course), I got offered an unconditional place at the University for the Creative Arts, University of the Arts London and Kent.

All that with my bad grades. Just try the best you can!

congratulations if that's what you wanted!

:biggrin:

our school puts lots of pressure on people with bad results :/

in May&June i have 9exams://
As long as yor at uni, trying your hardest, who gives a **** what grades you got!
Well what do you want us to do?
we are all in different academic situations and want different things
plus your grammar is not doing you any favours
Reply 29
Original post by ash121
Yeah I get you. Don't worry about them, concentrate on doing well in Physics and Maths so you get into Birmingham :biggrin:

thanks(:

i've got about 50 revisions sheets
2 re-sits
after school classes
&i swear the people in my class hate me&my friend for hogging the teacher :L
Reply 30
congratulations if that's what you wanted!

:biggrin:

our school puts lots of pressure on people with bad results :/

in May&June i have 9exams://

You can do it! I think I had 9 too; 6 of which were my maths exams. I did all in one go :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by RequiemForADream
As long as yor at uni, trying your hardest, who gives a **** what grades you got!

thanks(:
nah you aint stupid, these exams just show how much someone is willing to read a book for, not really true intelligence.
My university is only just in the top 10.

As a result I'm only allowed on tsr at certain times of the day, and whenever I post a comment I have to doff my cap and say, 'awf'lly sowwy guvner, couldn't possibly twubble you gentlemen for a response?'
Reply 34
Good grades don't lie solely on intelligience. Trust me.
Organise yourself, write your notes, rewrite your notes, revise and pass.
If you struggle with maths, do a LOT of past papers.
Reply 35
Original post by kat2pult
You can do it! I think I had 9 too; 6 of which were my maths exams. I did all in one go :wink:

****tt
how did you cope with all of them at one time? :L

i've got 3maths
2 business
3physics
1 ICT
Reply 36
There's soo much arrogance and everyone seems to be a grammar nazi on this site. I have no idea why I keep on coming on it :confused:

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?

The real people either get turned in trolls or abused by other users and just don’t come back. Some people on here just take everything to seriously. Spelling, grammer etc.. who cares it’s a forum for students lol I’m sick of most of the people on here but you just get used it after a while and accept the abuse :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by MattyC93
Good grades don't lie solely on intelligience. Trust me.
Organise yourself, write your notes, rewrite your notes, revise and pass.
If you struggle with maths, do a LOT of past papers.

i suppose
i kinda didn't bother with my first exams
then i got my results..

now there's notes EVERYWHERE :L
Reply 39
****tt
how did you cope with all of them at one time? :L

i've got 3maths
2 business
3physics
1 ICT

I found that learning C1 well was a good foundation for C2. Learning C2 helped a bit with C3, and C3 with C4 (although I didn't do well in C4). M1 and S1 I just did lots of past papers.

Do loads of past papers between now and your exams. You'll start to see that lots of the same questions appear often :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending