The Student Room Group

i'm stupid &STFU.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Khaysha-Saine
The real people either get turned in trolls or abused by other users and just don’t come back. Some people on here just take everything to seriously. Spelling, grammer etc.. who cares it’s a forum for students lol I’m sick of most of the people on here but you just get used it after a while and accept the abuse :biggrin:

i'd realised that &this is my first post! :L

how.. pathetic tbh.
i have nothing against people who are going to Oxbridge.
a ****ing well done to them
yeh, i'm abit jealous

but i know for a fact i'm not going to them

i wish other people would stop ripping the "others" to **** tbh.
Original post by bethanycaddy
Are you going to Oxford?

No, I don't go to Oxford.

A lot of people on TSR go to universities other than Oxford and Cambridge. Which is why even the lowest ranked universities have their own forums on here. :smile:
Reply 42
So people shouldn't come on here if they have good grades? Or 'STFU' about it? :s-smilie:

No, not everyone on TSR goes to Oxbridge or Durham. Last time I checked, there are forums for about every British university out there, and a lot of other sections that have nothing to do with academic matters. It's really not hard to avoid Oxbridge talk or people panicking over A*'s if it bothers you.

While I perfectly understand that it can be a bit difficult to see so many people on TSR do well while you're struggling yourself, you can hardly blame people for being better at certain subjects than you are, or for being happy to attend a prestigious university. I applied to Oxford and didn't get in, but I'm very grateful for all the support I got from this website and I'm glad to see lots of people who helped me out did get a place.
Don't worry about it. Very few people on here are smart even if they seem to be. Good grades can be achieved through hard work alone.
Reply 44
Original post by kat2pult
I found that learning C1 well was a good foundation for C2. Learning C2 helped a bit with C3, and C3 with C4 (although I didn't do well in C4). M1 and S1 I just did lots of past papers.

Do loads of past papers between now and your exams. You'll start to see that lots of the same questions appear often :smile:

i've found that C2 is easier then C1 for some reason
i'm also doing Decision which is quite easy(:
Reply 45
i suppose
i kinda didn't bother with my first exams
then i got my results..

now there's notes EVERYWHERE :L

Well then that's enough motivation to get good grades..
Seriously, ignore the arrogance and spellcheckers on here, focus on your grades! :smile:
It is a bit like wtf, but there are - of course - loads of people from other unis too... maybe we just notice the Oxbridge ones more. :colonhash:
Reply 47
Original post by Ambs
So people shouldn't come on here if they have good grades? Or 'STFU' about it? :s-smilie:

No, not everyone on TSR goes to Oxbridge or Durham. Last time I checked, there are forums for about every British university out there, and a lot of other sections that have nothing to do with academic matters. It's really not hard to avoid Oxbridge talk or people panicking over A*'s if it bothers you.

While I perfectly understand that it can be a bit difficult to see so many people on TSR do well while you're struggling yourself, you can hardly blame people for being better at certain subjects than you are, or for being happy to attend a prestigious university. I applied to Oxford and didn't get in, but I'm very grateful for all the support I got from this website and I'm glad to see lots of people who helped me out did get a place.

i don't blame them in the slightest.
fair play, congrats etc.

but i haven't been here for long&there are quite ALOT of posts with people complaining they haven't got A*s in 8exams://
x

Your uni and grades don't matter a jot in the real world (and away from naive/delusional/arrogant people). That's what I have found.
I actually haven't seen many people here talking about oxbridge that much...
Reply 50
Original post by Stressworthy
It is a bit like wtf, but there are - of course - loads of people from other unis too... maybe we just notice the Oxbridge ones more. :colonhash:

i think that maybe we do(:

i'm going to have to find people who aren't &threads for other grades(:
Reply 51
okokok
so all over tsr i see reaaaally clever people moaing about the fact they aren't getting A*s ONLY As.

STFU

everyone on here seems to be going to Oxford, Cambridge or Durham -___-

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be "failing" with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want & work like a bastard whilst doing it.
i'm not doing 8Alevels or whatever
&i find Maths&Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?

Just work your damned socks off. Its the only way to win if you aren't one of the gifted few who seem to have photographic memories. Oh and past papers, they are the key to success.
Reply 52
Original post by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your uni and grades don't matter a jot in the real world (and away from naive/delusional/arrogant people). That's what I have found.

don't they?

my mom bacically gave up on my sister when she got DDD even though she got offers from Kingston&Sheffield Hallam ://

she wants us to go to "red brick" unis

&said "if we don't get CCC she's not going to bother with us anymore"

so theres lot's of pressure
Trust me you're not stupid. You haven't seen my grades :colonhash:
okokok
so all over tsr i see reaaaally clever people moaing about the fact they aren't getting A*s ONLY As.

STFU

everyone on here seems to be going to Oxford, Cambridge or Durham -___-

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be "failing" with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want & work like a bastard whilst doing it.
i'm not doing 8Alevels or whatever
&i find Maths&Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?

If you are struggling at AS then why are you going on to uni? Surely if uni is harder then you will simply fail it?
Reply 55
Original post by Jamesey
Just work your damned socks off. Its the only way to win if you aren't one of the gifted few who seem to have photographic memories. Oh and past papers, they are the key to success.

aha i see that alot on here.
one thread was complaining there aren't any G&T unis -____-

i have so many past papers tbh
all around my room :L
I got lower grades than you at AS, OP, so no you're not alone with struggling.
Reply 57
Original post by Jimbo1234
If you are struggling at AS then why are you going on to uni? Surely if uni is harder then you will simply fail it?

not going to uni isn't an option in my family..
Reply 58
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I got lower grades than you at AS, OP, so no you're not alone.

really?
good luck if you;re doing re-sits etc!
Reply 59
i don't blame them in the slightest.
fair play, congrats etc.

but i haven't been here for long&there are quite ALOT of posts with people complaining they haven't got A*s in 8exams://

Well, but saying they're not 'real' people and the 'STFU' didn't really sound like you're too happy with them.

Don't get me wrong though - like I said I do understand it can be a bit disheartening at times (to say the least). Remember that this is a website a lot of people stumble upon while preparing their Oxbridge application or looking for academic advice, so it's bound to be filled with people worrying about their A*'s. Just ignore them and focus on your own studies, and accept that different people have different priorities in life and are good at different things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending