The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rahul.10
Aha, brilliant mate! Bet you're relieved :tongue: nah i'm doin it tomorrow.

yeah i really am, for the whole of yesterday i was trying to get it to work lol, atleast i know i have a better shot of getting sandby or hampden
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1001
Original post by francistheswole

yeah i really am, for the whole of yesterday i was trying to get it to work lol, atleast i know i have a better shot of getting sandby or hampden

Lol, i would have been freakin out if i waited this long only to find out my password doesn't work, considering my luck that will probably happen :angry: I'm starting to doubt going for sandby first, might just play it safe and go straight for my second choice, blenheim, don't think i could take anymore "drama" :ahhhhh:
Reply 1002
Original post by littlelamb
Hey! sorry for the delay. Oh good! now i know two peope doing it :biggrin:
Im not sure yet. At first I was hoping for Gill Street, but now I'm thinking maybe Hampden Halls? They both seem pretty good :rolleyes:
Do you know which one you want to apply for? :smile:

I've found a few people aswell, we've got a little forum on the go aswell.

I'm stopping in Sandby, i got an unconditional so managed to book it early :smile: yer Gill, Sandby and Hampden are right close to the building we gonna be in (i think..)
Lol, i would have been freakin out if i waited this long only to find out my password doesn't work, considering my luck that will probably happen :angry: I'm starting to doubt going for sandby first, might just play it safe and go straight for my second choice, blenheim, don't think i could take anymore "drama" :ahhhhh:

what do you mean play "play it safe"?

do you mean like, if you only try and go for sandby and sandby ends up fully booked, it's most likely your 2nd and 3rd choice will be fully booked?

i'm getting more and more nervous about it and i'm scared that they probably haven't fixed the problems that happened last year and the year before that.

especially going through this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=886840&page=18

basically the system crashed and only some students could book. But somehow even though it said sandby was fully booked some of the students in that thread got sandby hours later. Some had to end up going to private halls.

i'll seriously flip if end up only with private halls.

that day is gonna be a stressfull day, we'll probably be up all night.
Reply 1004

what do you mean play "play it safe"?

do you mean like, if you only try and go for sandby and sandby ends up fully booked, it's most likely your 2nd and 3rd choice will be fully booked?

i'm getting more and more nervous about it and i'm scared that they probably haven't fixed the problems that happened last year and the year before that.

especially going through this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=886840&page=18

basically the system crashed and only some students could book. But somehow even though it said sandby was fully booked some of the students in that thread got sandby hours later. Some had to end up going to private halls.

i'll seriously flip if end up only with private halls.

that day is gonna be a stressfull day, we'll probably be up all night.

Right, i'll give you a scenario :tongue: - I try to apply for sandby, but the system freezes up, an hour passes by and the systems back up, but weirdly sandby is fully booked, i look at my 2nd choice and oops! thats gone aswell. Fml. :banghead:

I honestly believe the system will freeze up, the more people i speak to the more likely it seems. I think it's better going in thinking the system will freeze, makes it less "Arghhhh!!" if you get what i mean :tongue:

Come blenheim with me! it's just as good as sandby only you share a kitchen with 6 people instead of 12 :u:

Private halls aren't that bad, my brother stays in private halls at dmu.

Damn right, might take up yoga just for that day lol.

I never asked, what course are you doing?
Right, i'll give you a scenario :tongue: - I try to apply for sandby, but the system freezes up, an hour passes by and the systems back up, but weirdly sandby is fully booked, i look at my 2nd choice and oops! thats gone aswell. Fml. :banghead:

I honestly believe the system will freeze up, the more people i speak to the more likely it seems. I think it's better going in thinking the system will freeze, makes it less "Arghhhh!!" if you get what i mean :tongue:

Come blenheim with me! it's just as good as sandby only you share a kitchen with 6 people instead of 12 :u:

Private halls aren't that bad, my brother stays in private halls at dmu.

Damn right, might take up yoga just for that day lol.

I never asked, what course are you doing?

Computer system (forensics and security) you?

yeah i'm gonna check blanheim
Reply 1006

Computer system (forensics and security) you?

yeah i'm gonna check blanheim

Construction management :tongue:

Awesome, make sure you have £200 in your bank account, apparently you have to pay the deposit then and there, just increases the risk of something going wrong :s-smilie:
Original post by elisabeth
How hard do you think it is to leave your accommodation earlier than at the end of the year? (you have to find another student who is willing to take the room instead of you)

or would it be easier to take up accommodation after courses have started?

i just wanna press my question cus im being all confused about this now... staying at home or going....does anyone know how much we will be in school?
Reply 1008
i still need to decide whether or not to pick NTU. decisions decisions......
i just wanna press my question cus im being all confused about this now... staying at home or going....does anyone know how much we will be in school?

staying home as in Sweden? :O
Construction management :tongue:

Awesome, make sure you have £200 in your bank account, apparently you have to pay the deposit then and there, just increases the risk of something going wrong :s-smilie:

nice :biggrin:

yup i got the 200 ready now. If we meet the conditional offers does that 200 go towards our accommodation bills? or do we just get it back at the end of the contract? do we even get it back at all?
Reply 1011

nice :biggrin:

yup i got the 200 ready now. If we meet the conditional offers does that 200 go towards our accommodation bills? or do we just get it back at the end of the contract? do we even get it back at all?

We'll get it back at the end of the contract, but they'll carry out a dilapidation survey so like if there's scuffs on the walls they'll keep some of the deposit to get it repaired. When you move in take notes and photos of any marks, stains etc. so they can't blame you for them :biggrin:
Original post by sanniehald
staying home as in Sweden? :O

oh god no .. hehe home as in with my bf in peterborough, im going to uni in uk cus i met him. We're moving in together so im first moving all my stuff to his and then some of it to uni.
We'll get it back at the end of the contract, but they'll carry out a dilapidation survey so like if there's scuffs on the walls they'll keep some of the deposit to get it repaired. When you move in take notes and photos of any marks, stains etc. so they can't blame you for them :biggrin:

yeahh good idea. atleast we'll have evidence unlike the u.s government(osama bin laden) lol
Reply 1014

yeahh good idea. atleast we'll have evidence unlike the u.s government(osama bin laden) lol

Lmao! I didn't see that coming :tongue: I've heard his name way too much today, i saw this person put as their facebook status "Who is bin laden, and why is everyone happy he's dead?"........she wasn't even joking :banghead:

You on facebook?
Reply 1015

oh god no .. hehe home as in with my bf in peterborough, im going to uni in uk cus i met him. We're moving in together so im first moving all my stuff to his and then some of it to uni.

Woah, usually when i meet someone new i buy them a drink or something, but move country? :eek:
Lmao! I didn't see that coming :tongue: I've heard his name way too much today, i saw this person put as their facebook status "Who is bin laden, and why is everyone happy he's dead?"........she wasn't even joking :banghead:

You on facebook?

nah i deleted my facebook a while back, but i plan to make a new one before uni starts, just for the nottingham trent people :biggrin:

lmao.. at the status, but if he isn't dead why the fawk would the government say he is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UosIndiu8dc&feature=share

i was shocked at the video also
Reply 1017

nah i deleted my facebook a while back, but i plan to make a new one before uni starts, just for the nottingham trent people :biggrin:

lmao.. at the status, but if he isn't dead why the fawk would the government say he is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UosIndiu8dc&feature=share

i was shocked at the video also

Right, that video just made me wretch. He's clearly dead, but what annoys me is that the americans seem to think that by killing him, terrorism will stop. He's just a face, a "logo" for terrorism, if anything it's made it worse. They will definitely retaliate :mad:
Right, that video just made me wretch. He's clearly dead, but what annoys me is that the americans seem to think that by killing him, terrorism will stop. He's just a face, a "logo" for terrorism, if anything it's made it worse. They will definitely retaliate :mad:

yeah i'm kinda worried about the outcome. most likely terrorist attacks around the world. london is my current location and i have a feeling london will be one of the targets, but we'll be moving to nottingham soon so hopefully we'll be safer there lol
Reply 1019

yeah i'm kinda worried about the outcome. most likely terrorist attacks around the world. london is my current location and i have a feeling london will be one of the targets, but we'll be moving to nottingham soon so hopefully we'll be safer there lol

I wouldn't say around the world, i reckon there will be one in america in like a year or 2 and maybe a failed attempt in like east midlands airport lol. Yeah, i live in coventry, probably bottom of the terrorism target list lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending