The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by persianboydaddy
Afghanistan has oil too, as well as essential minerals and rarities, e.g. diamonds (its full of volcanoes and mountains) if u didnt know...

and yea it has heroine, opium etc.. too

It is also a backward hole.

Let's not also pretend that the US went in for the minerals of Afghanistan.
Original post by Tommyjw
Your so idiotic.
'How did they find out cause of death' .. probably the two bullets in the head :facepalm: . Who says their were armed soldiers in there? As far as i am aware only like 4 or 5 people were killed inside. And why should guns be shown?

Stupid retards. Always sinking down to the conspiracy theory, no matter what is shown.

Your attempt at picking holes is failing, your stupid, your embarrassing, go away.

*You're

His body was recovered burnt from the firefight, the head wounds wouldn't have been apparent unless a thorough investigation of death was ascertained.
Because if Osama didn't retaliate with arms, then he was murdered unnecessarily and he could have been captured instead. The Bin Laden family including his wife were found in the hideout according to reports, why was his helpless wife killed and not detained instead?

You're being paranoid, we're only asking questions.
Original post by DorianGrayism
They said they shot him twice in the head. I am not sure what else they need to do. They are not going to do an autopsy to check if he died of kidney failure instead.

They need to ascertain if the death was from the fire or if it was from the head wounds.
Original post by manchild007
As the old adage goes, "Its about the economy stupid". The lasting impact on whether he is reelected is based upon if he can improve the economy, which as it stands, is growing quite well.

hmmmmmmm seems like this is Obama's way of creating more lies to get re-elected,
(previous lies:removing troops from Iraq, closing guantamo, ending the recession, creating world peace, ending all wars etc... hes a joke just like sum of his predecessors),

Whateever you hear politicians and world leaders say, dont be gullible and believe it, think twice.
Original post by Dekota-XS
*You're

His body was recovered burnt from the firefight, the head wounds wouldn't have been apparent unless a thorough investigation of death was ascertained.
Because if Osama didn't retaliate with arms, then he was murdered unnecessarily and he could have been captured instead. The Bin Laden family including his wife were found in the hideout according to reports, why was his helpless wife killed and not detained instead?

You're being paranoid, we're only asking questions.

Are you aware what happens when someone get's shot in the head? I am pretty dam sure it is obvious if someone has been shot in the head. And this would have obviously killed him.
It doesn't take an autopsy to see if someone has been shot in the head lmfao.They don't shoot him and then run away leaving the body, they will look at it. Carry it. If you had any sense of intelligence you would know that you could tell if someone has been shot in the head or not.

Like literally.. you're actually pretty dam stupid aren't you?

How do you know his wife was helpless? Were you there? I think not.

Osama has been proven to have said he would rather die than be captured. So unless your too thick to understand that (probably are) it is obvious that he would of fought back and not just sat down wanting to be arrested.
Reply 1145
Original post by Tommyjw
:facepalm:

Ok, let's ignore the fact it has been proven by DNA.

WHY would they lie?

Christ, you are naive aren't you?
Reply 1146
Original post by sidoraH
dont know if this has already been said (cba to read the whole thread), but I dont think people should be celebrating like they are in the streets. not only is this morally wrong (of course he did some terrible things, but still) but I feel it is inviting repercussions.

You might have--from a psychological point of view, and I agree--a valid point. However, this is exactly why I believe the administration is holding back evidence of osamas corpse.
What you just described-- the whole inciting violence thing-- is actually the quintessential military tactic that had worked in the same psychological way onto insurgents in order to sift them out.
I don't like the idea of living in fear, but the blow-back of this type of excitement might come at the expense of peoples lives. The again, they're set on killing westerners, period.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Stefan1991

No, no i am not.

Explain to me why they would lie.

In all your amazing logical skills i'm sure you have.

Explain to me how pretending to kill osama, a mere figurehead who has no power anymore, would benefit the country give the likely attacks the US (and elsewhere) will most likely recieve?
Him being a live is no threat to anyone anymore, thus why would they benefit by lying about it?

Essentially.
Him dying has more harms than benefits.

Go on, do it, you ignorant fool.
Puzzled if I'm honest.
They need to ascertain if the death was from the fire or if it was from the head wounds.

Are you crazy? People don't survive when they are shot in the head with a high powered weapon because their skull will be blown off.
Firstly, why did they have to bury his body in the sea? Secondly, why haven't the US government released any pictures of his body? I presume they couldn't take pictures in the heat of the moment, but even so they should have at least one picture of his final hours.
Original post by Stefan1991

The only naive people in this thread is the people so gullable to jump straight on the conspiracy bandwagon
Original post by yamamotootsu
Firstly, why did they have to bury his body in the sea? Secondly, why haven't the US government released any pictures of his body? I presume they couldn't take pictures in the heat of the moment, but even so they should have at least one picture of his final hours.

Answered so many times.

But just for your enjoyment.

a) Body sent to sea, because having a ground burial would spark fears of conflict in that area, or specific 'pilgrimage' type activities going on from his followers. Plus it has been said no country wanted the responsibility, because of given reasons.

b) Pictures have not been released because they will be Gory. That and any pictures released will spark more 'hate' in al qaeda, in will produce a more prominent 'figurehead' to which they could recruit more .
The fire broke out before the shootings took place, this would mean the whole family would have died from asphyxiation then how can they go on to shoot Osama if he was dead already? This then brings into question how the raid actually did occur, if Osama and the family could have been detained instead of massacred and more importantly it begs the question why is there a lack of proof if a 40 minute raid took place.

Why did the soldiers attack the wife? You reckon they thought she was a threat to them?

If Osama would rather have died than to be captured alive than it gives the US officials more of a reason to make a bigger effort to catch him alive.

Well, the raid did occur because someone was twittering the raid whilst it happened.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/05/02/135913093/raid-on-bin-laden-was-live-blogged-though-the-blogger-didnt-know-it?ps=cprs
Original post by Tommyjw

Answered so many times.

But just for your enjoyment.

a) Body sent to sea, because having a ground burial would spark fears of conflict in that area, or specific 'pilgrimage' type activities going on from his followers. Plus it has been said no country wanted the responsibility, because of given reasons.

b) Pictures have not been released because they will be Gory. That and any pictures released will spark more 'hate' in al qaeda, in will produce a more prominent 'figurehead' to which they could recruit more .

FINALLY nice to see some people with their heads switched on.
Original post by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Can you believe it????? At last!!!
:smile::smile::smile:

My opinion: One less tourist can only e a good thing.

thoughts?

Do you mean terrorist or is it suppose to be some sort of joke that I don't understand.
The fire broke out before the shootings took place, this would mean the whole family would have died from asphyxiation then how can they go on to shoot Osama if he was dead already? This then brings into question how the raid actually did occur, if Osama and the family could have been detained instead of massacred and more importantly it begs the question why is there a lack of proof if a 40 minute raid took place.

Why did the soldiers attack the wife? You reckon they thought she was a threat to them?

If Osama would rather have died than to be captured alive than it gives the US officials more of a reason to make a bigger effort to catch him alive.

What? What fire are you even talking about? He was shot in the head, that killed him, there is no debate in this.

'The officials described the operation as a "surgical raid" and said three adult males, including Bin Laden's adult son. But, they added, a woman who was being used as a shield was also killed.'

Again.
If he DID NOT WANT TO BE CAPTURED.. it means he would have RETALIATED meaning you cannot capture him , else you put the soldiers lives in high danger.

My god.. some people :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think the terrorist situation will now become much worse, it was lucky it happened when it did and not before the royal wedding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending