The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

thursday was busy everywhere i think, asda was really busy on friday :P

why are management so arsey??? complaining about thngs we weren't even doing, it was produce... pah!
Reply 8301
Original post by inksplodge
lol, why? he hasn't done anything wrong :confused:

He helped me. Sat down, grabbed my paper, opened it and told me to change things. Is that what they do during A Levels? No, why? Because it's wrong.
Original post by Astra_K
He helped me. Sat down, grabbed my paper, opened it and told me to change things. Is that what they do during A Levels? No, why? Because it's wrong.

But you didn't have to change the answers, and if you had passed I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining then!
Reply 8303
Original post by Astra_K

Mate for our "training" we are given the question booklet and the Answers to copy out, but no training. :redface:
then why did you let him? lol
Reply 8305
Phew, nightshift is hard work. Especially produce! So much heavy lifting really tires you out after 10 hours.

Really annoying last weekend, dayshift had done bugger all, shelves were bare tons of stock out back so we couldn't even take delivery of new stuff. Happy I have a couple of days off though :rolleyes:
Reply 8306
Now running the PFS on Sundays, the busiest day of the week :/ yesterday went smoothly enough, other than the carwash continually breaking down and management refusing to come over and do the banking until I took a trip across to the HR office to complain lol
Original post by MXz
Phew, nightshift is hard work. Especially produce! So much heavy lifting really tires you out after 10 hours.

Really annoying last weekend, dayshift had done bugger all, shelves were bare tons of stock out back so we couldn't even take delivery of new stuff. Happy I have a couple of days off though :rolleyes:

lol how long have you worked nights? just wait til you get to xmas >_< we can't even do produce cos we don't have enough staff to work the night shift load, usually.
Reply 8308
lol how long have you worked nights? just wait til you get to xmas >_< we can't even do produce cos we don't have enough staff to work the night shift load, usually.

Past 3 nights... but tbh I am still trying to stay awake during the day. I really need to sort out when the best time is to kip during the day :tongue:

Any tips?
Original post by MXz
Past 3 nights... but tbh I am still trying to stay awake during the day. I really need to sort out when the best time is to kip during the day :tongue:

Any tips?

what i do when i'm working (i work two days). thurs night- go to bed as normal. try and stay in bed til 11ish. go about normal daily activities, and then have an hour nap around 4-5. go to work. come in at 7, have toast, go to sleep at 8 til 4/5ish. then get up, go to work. finish work at 8(last shift), go to bed until 2, and get up, go to bed as normal [around 10-11pm] and etc >_< do not nap during the day when you're not at work, it'll mess you up
Reply 8310
what i do when i'm working (i work two days). thurs night- go to bed as normal. try and stay in bed til 11ish. go about normal daily activities, and then have an hour nap around 4-5. go to work. come in at 7, have toast, go to sleep at 8 til 4/5ish. then get up, go to work. finish work at 8(last shift), go to bed until 2, and get up, go to bed as normal [around 10-11pm] and etc >_< do not nap during the day when you're not at work, it'll mess you up

okie doke, thanks for the pointers :wink:
Original post by MXz
okie doke, thanks for the pointers :wink:

i also recommend structuring your eating habits. i have put on sooo much weight since starting at sburys, simply cos i eat during work... ha :P it makes me hungry at odd times now...
Reply 8312
i also recommend structuring your eating habits. i have put on sooo much weight since starting at sburys, simply cos i eat during work... ha :P it makes me hungry at odd times now...

Really ?? I normally have a sandwich during lunch at about 1.30am and that's it for the night
Can someone please help me

I have just got a job as a part time customer service assistant at sainsbury's. I have already done the main training, and have my checkout training this saturday, I then have a shift on sunday and monday. I am then supposed to have two more shifts the following saturday and sunday.

However, I forgot to tell them that I am supposed to be going to a friends 18th to a place 3 hours away from me on the latter saturday, which would mean missing both my shifts, as my sunday shift is an early one.

I really want to go to this 18th, as he is one of my oldest and closest friends, and i have a lot of friends going there that I haven't seen for ages.

How do I go about getting the time off? Have I got any chance at all?
Reply 8314
You could ask your manager if you could change your shifts, or ask one of your colleagues to swap their shifts with you. The latter is probably more likely, ive done it loads of times. I'd advise doing it pretty sharpish though.
Help.

What's the rule with working after store closes? I work 6-10pm Tuesdays and 12-8pm on Sundays but I usually end up clocking out at 10 past the hour, do we get paid for it or not? I suspect the answer is no, if so what can be done about it?

Second question which is sort of related to the first. I'm in a fairly small store within a shopping centre, we don't do any "store is closing in 15, 10, 5 minutes" stuff and I'm wondering is this common at JS? It irritates staff and an old manager banned it because it "annoys customers" plus the new management don't seem to be too fussed about putting out a call either.

Almost every other shop I go into they do a closing announcement, is it just my store that choose not to or is more widespread across the company?

It's the little things that annoy me about Sainsbury's.
Original post by thecookiemonster
Can someone please help me

I have just got a job as a part time customer service assistant at sainsbury's. I have already done the main training, and have my checkout training this saturday, I then have a shift on sunday and monday. I am then supposed to have two more shifts the following saturday and sunday.

However, I forgot to tell them that I am supposed to be going to a friends 18th to a place 3 hours away from me on the latter saturday, which would mean missing both my shifts, as my sunday shift is an early one.

I really want to go to this 18th, as he is one of my oldest and closest friends, and i have a lot of friends going there that I haven't seen for ages.

How do I go about getting the time off? Have I got any chance at all?

Unlikely, but if you don't ask you don't get.
At my store they normally do one announcement 15/10 mins before we shut and then one once we are shut.
Original post by Schumacher
Help.

What's the rule with working after store closes? I work 6-10pm Tuesdays and 12-8pm on Sundays but I usually end up clocking out at 10 past the hour, do we get paid for it or not? I suspect the answer is no, if so what can be done about it?

Second question which is sort of related to the first. I'm in a fairly small store within a shopping centre, we don't do any "store is closing in 15, 10, 5 minutes" stuff and I'm wondering is this common at JS? It irritates staff and an old manager banned it because it "annoys customers" plus the new management don't seem to be too fussed about putting out a call either.

Almost every other shop I go into they do a closing announcement, is it just my store that choose not to or is more widespread across the company?

It's the little things that annoy me about Sainsbury's.

My store announces 15, 10 and 5 minutes til closing.

Also you probs won't get paid - I never do =/ hence why I don't bother staying past the time I'm contracted to do. When it hits 7, I'm out!
"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is a customer announcement: The time now is 10 to 4 and your Sainsbury's store will be closing in 10 minutes time..." :rollseyes: And yet people still insist on starting their weekly shop!

Latest

Trending

Trending