The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by Tommyjw
:facepalm:

Answered so many times.

But just for your enjoyment.

a) Body sent to sea, because having a ground burial would spark fears of conflict in that area, or specific 'pilgrimage' type activities going on from his followers. Plus it has been said no country wanted the responsibility, because of given reasons.

b) Pictures have not been released because they will be Gory. That and any pictures released will spark more 'hate' in al qaeda, in will produce a more prominent 'figurehead' to which they could recruit more .

This

Also, he needed to be buried within 24 hours of death the body cleansed and wrapped accordingly which reports are saying has been done.

And logistically if Saudi Arabia did accept his body, then it may have been too late to bury him within the 24 hour window
My thoughts are with his friends and family. He will not die in vain hopefully.
Reply 1162
The fire was outside the building.

Pictures and videos of the compound show little if any sign of fire damage.

How would he have died from asphyxiation?
Reply 1163
If they did kill him, I wonder what his facial expression was or how he reacted before being shot dead. His men must have been pretty crap if they failed to stop heli's landing in the compound and failed to kill any soldiers. More surprisingly that Osama Bin Laden didn't have any safe room with a escape tunnel.
Dekota-XS
Why did the soldiers attack the wife? You reckon they thought she was a threat to them?

Pretty sure I heard them say on the news that she was being used as a human shield and as a result, was killed.
Original post by /raees.rahim
dumb americans

dead terrorist.
I got to hand it to Tommyjw, you have had to deal with some utter numpties today. Kudos for sticking it out :p:
Original post by SauravG
If they did kill him, I wonder what his facial expression was or how he reacted before being shot dead. His men must have been pretty crap if they failed to stop heli's landing in the compound and failed to kill any soldiers. More surprisingly that Osama Bin Laden didn't have any safe room with a escape tunnel.

The guy managed to evade being captured by the whole U.S for almost a ****ing decade, he was on top of the most wanted list, he had a £15 million bounty on his head.
Original post by Tommyjw

Again.
If he DID NOT WANT TO BE CAPTURED.. it means he would have RETALIATED meaning you cannot capture him , else you put the soldiers lives in high danger.

My god.. some people :facepalm:

Silly argument really, criminals never want to be captured and will always retaliate doesn't mean we shoot them all point blank range. Justice would have been his capture and his hanging as was the fate of Saddam.
Original post by Limitless
he had a £15 million bounty on his head.

Which some guy from Gitmo is now getting :angry:
Original post by Dekota-XS
Silly argument really, criminals never want to be captured and will always retaliate doesn't mean we shoot them all point blank range. Justice would have been his capture and his hanging as was the fate of Saddam.

Oh dear god.

Criminals do not want to be captured, but they would rather be captured than be dead. Osama was the opposite of this.

Well, in your foolish mind, if you'd rather our soldiers ignore any threats he made and walked up to him with open hands and handcuffs.. then you keep thinking that.
Reply 1171
ITN news on Osama: "Islamists, and others, will mourn the death of an icon."

Face. ****ING. Palm.
Original post by Lizzzle
The fire was outside the building.

Pictures and videos of the compound show little if any sign of fire damage.

How would he have died from asphyxiation?

That's a good point, if there was a fire then why don't the pictures and videos of the compound broadcasted show any signs of fire damage?
Reply 1173
It happened around 1am,
I'd assume him and his guards were asleep, if not relaxed and resting somewhat.
Plus the entire thing happened within 40 minutes including entering the house and finding him.
If he was asleep - which I assume - and it was in the dead of night, finding any mode of escape would have been hard considering the planes would've surrounded the entire compound, surely? Moving a 6'5, frail (supposedly he suffered from hepatitis) half asleep old man, and finding a route of escape in the dead of night isn't as easy as it sounds.

Think about these things before you start spouting random theories.
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh dear god.

Criminals do not want to be captured, but they would rather be captured than be dead. Osama was the opposite of this.

Well, in your foolish mind, if you'd rather our soldiers ignore any threats he made and walked up to him with open hands and handcuffs.. then you keep thinking that.

If they captured him they would have probably tortured him. Bullet to the head = quick death.
Original post by Pax Amerifauna
dead terrorist.

what?
http://i.imgur.com/zAmEQ.jpg

made me lol. kinda true.
Reply 1177
That's a good point, if there was a fire then why don't the pictures and videos of the compound broadcasted show any signs of fire damage?

Because the fire was from one of the helicopters failing from mechanical damage and crashed outside the compound.

There was a video on the news that showed the helicopter ablaze in the dark and the compound in the back with like two figures moving around in the background.

He didn't die from asphyxiation.
Whether you believe it was OBL or not, there was blood splattered all over the floor in the main bedroom, the man clearly died from some weaponed attack.

There are pictures.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/osama-bin-ladens-hideout-raided-in-pakistan/2011/05/02/AFmxZ7YF_gallery.html?hpid=z3#photo=1
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lizzzle
Because the fire was from one of the helicopters failing from mechanical damage and crashed outside the compound.

There was a video on the news that showed the helicopter ablaze in the dark and the compound in the back with like two figures moving around in the background.

He didn't die from asphyxiation.
Whether you believe it was OBL or not, there was blood splattered all over the floor in the main bedroom, the man clearly died from some weaponed attack.

If a helicopter set ablaze and crashed to the ground, surely some US officials were injured or killed? Yet Obama said no Americans were killed in the operation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending