The Student Room Group

i'm stupid &STFU.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tommyjw
Your grammar, the way you presented your post and your general sentence layout isn't doing your argument any justice.

He's got a bloody good point you know OP.

And I am far from an AAA student, I am fighting for an E in Electronics here:rolleyes:
Reply 101
Original post by lonelykatana
He's got a bloody good point you know OP.

And I am far from an AAA student, I am fighting for an E in Electronics here:rolleyes:

he has yes! :biggrin:

i'm fighting for a D in Maths
and that's just for AS! :s-smilie:
Reply 102
Original post by bethanycaddy
okokok
so all over tsr i see reaaaally clever people moaing about the fact they aren't getting A*s ONLY As.

STFU

everyone on here seems to be going to Oxford, Cambridge or Durham -___-

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be "failing" with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want & work like a bastard whilst doing it.
i'm not doing 8Alevels or whatever
&i find Maths&Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?

No offense but you probably shouldn't be going to university then.

If you're getting CDD at AS level and struggling badly they how are you going to do at university?? AS level Maths and Physics are sooo easy its unreal, when you're in A-level Maths and Physics you'll be longing for those easy peasy AS level days where everything was so simple. Then again now at University I would even go so far as to say A-level is easy in comparison, they are both big steps up (as big as the step from GCSE to AS).

If you need rto 'work like a bastard' on a foundation year and whatever JUST to get the same level as the other people on the course how are you going to keep up when the going gets tough? There becomes a point where studying like mad can only get you so far.

I'm gonna get negged because people don't like hearing the truth but you'll most probably drop out of your first year
i kinda started out clever
7s&8s in SATS
then it just went downhill

i just don't get the concepts of things like other people do
i can never be arsed to revise

and if i get something wrong it makes me feel crappy &i don't want to keep working..

my parents say its Uni or i move out now..

ever since i was little my mom had it in her head that i'd do Engineering like she started&didn't finish

even though i want to do business..

Ah, well intelligence is not the problem but self discipline. Would I also be right in saying that you might be lazy and/or overweight? If so then it reinforces my point that what you need to learn is how to work rather then not being smart enough.

It also sounds like a classic example of your mum being a jackass and trying to live through you.
Reply 104
Original post by insoms
No offense but you probably shouldn't be going to university then.

If you're getting CDD at AS level and struggling badly they how are you going to do at university?? AS level Maths and Physics are sooo easy its unreal, when you're in A-level Maths and Physics you'll be longing for those easy peasy AS level days where everything was so simple. Then again now at University I would even go so far as to say A-level is easy in comparison, they are both big steps up (as big as the step from GCSE to AS).

If you need rto 'work like a bastard' on a foundation year and whatever JUST to get the same level as the other people on the course how are you going to keep up when the going gets tough? There becomes a point where studying like mad can only get you so far.

I'm gonna get negged because people don't like hearing the truth but you'll most probably drop out of your first year

i don't know if i should be but like i've said it's not really an option in my family
it's uni or get out..
i probably will struggle
&either drop out or change course to something easier

don't worry i won't "neg" you. i hate it when i get "negged" :L
everyone had an opinion

but personally i would like to give uni a try then not bother &regret it

i'm sorry but how is AS Maths&Physics easy?!?!? :L

maybe i should pay you to teach me! :')
it'd be better then i'm doing now

most of my class struggles
420/600 is an A
that doesn't sound like much

but some people in my class have 11 :/
Reply 105
Original post by Jimbo1234
Ah, well intelligence is not the problem but self discipline. Would I also be right in saying that you might be lazy and/or overweight? If so then it reinforces my point that what you need to learn is how to work rather then not being smart enough.

It also sounds like a classic example of your mum being a jackass and trying to live through you.

i am lazy
veryyyy lazy :')

not overweight
average :')

but yes, demotivated

&yes, i know she is
but she pays the bills, gives me food, a place to live etc so atm going against her isn't very easy...
Reply 106
How does it make you not a 'real' person just because you happen to do well in stuff? :colonhash: There's a difference between the wannabe investment bankers who put down anyone attending a university that's not Oxbridge and couldn't possibly stand getting below A*A*A*A*A*, and the people on here who are honestly just very academically minded. Yeah, TSR is in no way representative of the real world, but that doesn't mean that everyone on here is automatically a ****er. Or that everyone thinks you're 'stupid' etc. In fact, I'm sure that plenty of the higher-achieving people have struggled in the past - I know people (both irl and through casual TSR snooping) who have gone from Cs and Ds to Oxbridge offers.
Reply 107
Original post by kerily
How does it make you not a 'real' person just because you happen to do well in stuff? :colonhash: There's a difference between the wannabe investment bankers who put down anyone attending a university that's not Oxbridge and couldn't possibly stand getting below A*A*A*A*A*, and the people on here who are honestly just very academically minded. Yeah, TSR is in no way representative of the real world, but that doesn't mean that everyone on here is automatically a ****er. Or that everyone thinks you're 'stupid' etc. In fact, I'm sure that plenty of the higher-achieving people have struggled in the past - I know people (both irl and through casual TSR snooping) who have gone from Cs and Ds to Oxbridge offers.

the only ones i don't like are the

wannabe investment bankers who put down anyone attending a university that's not Oxbridge and couldn't possibly stand getting below A*A*A*A*A*

no-one else.

just so this is clear.
Reply 108
i don't know if i should be but like i've said it's not really an option in my family
it's uni or get out..
i probably will struggle
&either drop out or change course to something easier

don't worry i won't "neg" you. i hate it when i get "negged" :L
everyone had an opinion

but personally i would like to give uni a try then not bother &regret it

i'm sorry but how is AS Maths&Physics easy?!?!? :L

maybe i should pay you to teach me! :')
it'd be better then i'm doing now

most of my class struggles
420/600 is an A
that doesn't sound like much

but some people in my class have 11 :/

AS Maths and Physics is very easy relative to what you have to do later, the concepts are extremely simple.

And for why you mighjt of been smart before but don't understand concepts now, thats completely normal. GCSE and below is very easy so it doesn't distinguish between the above average and the very bright. Anyone slightly smarter than average can get GCSEs at B and A. My friend got an A in Maths GCSE and thought it meant he was smart, he's currently retaking his A-level year and still can't get his grade higher than a D or E for various bits, he just doesn't have that sort of brain for it.

You should choose to do Engineering not do it because your Mum tells you to. Its something you do because you have that sort of Mathematical brain and like understanding concepts of Maths and how things work etc. As a Mechanical Engineering student myself I can tell you that you need a solid understanding of the concepts of A-level, they form the basis for you to look at the new advanced concepts you're being shown at university, without the basics you can't access the university stuff and you'll be backround studying for hours just to access things other people just remember from A-level and use without thinking.

Why aren't you persueing Business if you're good at it and enjoy it? you can't just force yourself to be good at Engineering no more than I can force myself to be good at English or something.
Reply 109
Original post by insoms
AS Maths and Physics is very easy relative to what you have to do later, the concepts are extremely simple.

And for why you mighjt of been smart before but don't understand concepts now, thats completely normal. GCSE and below is very easy so it doesn't distinguish between the above average and the very bright. Anyone slightly smarter than average can get GCSEs at B and A. My friend got an A in Maths GCSE and thought it meant he was smart, he's currently retaking his A-level year and still can't get his grade higher than a D or E for various bits, he just doesn't have that sort of brain for it.

You should choose to do Engineering not do it because your Mum tells you to. Its something you do because you have that sort of Mathematical brain and like understanding concepts of Maths and how things work etc. As a Mechanical Engineering student myself I can tell you that you need a solid understanding of the concepts of A-level, they form the basis for you to look at the new advanced concepts you're being shown at university, without the basics you can't access the university stuff and you'll be backround studying for hours just to access things other people just remember from A-level and use without thinking.

Why aren't you persueing Business if you're good at it and enjoy it? you can't just force yourself to be good at Engineering no more than I can force myself to be good at English or something.

again, "business is not a good subject to study, it's a waste and will get you no-where in life"

cheers mom..

i'm getting some of the maths stuff
just not all
it comes to me slowly
&if it's broken down quite alot
Original post by Dijipo
TSR isn't for you. Please leave.

Don't be a douche.
Reply 111
Original post by emmanuella9
Don't be a douche.

truedat:wink:

thanks
Reply 112
again, "business is not a good subject to study, it's a waste and will get you no-where in life"

cheers mom..

i'm getting some of the maths stuff
just not all
it comes to me slowly
&if it's broken down quite alot

A 2:1 or 1st in Business will get you further in life than dropping out of an Engineering degree. Why not tell her that.
Reply 113
Original post by insoms
A 2:1 or 1st in Business will get you further in life than dropping out of an Engineering degree. Why not tell her that.

i'm working on that
Electrical Engineering with Business Management & Finance

sounds so long winded! :L
this thread is ****ing painful!
Reply 115
Original post by rugbyladosc
this thread is ****ing painful!

don't read it then?
People saying something and actually being something is different. Think about it if people really did all the "things" they say they do...why would they have the time to post it here?
Naiveness...:facepalm:
Ie don't believe everything people on TSR say :biggrin:
don't read it then?

Unfortunately I clicked on it. You should stop being so stupid &putting yourself down. Obviously a student forum is going to attract the strongest students wanting to further themselves, TSR is by no way a fair reflection of the student population. Its really unhealthy to compare grades with other members, most of them think that by putting up straight A*s their argument will carry more weight but it just makes them look like showoffs. Do the best you can, I don't see what you are gaining from this, your time would much better be spent revising, like I should be!
Reply 118
Original post by rugbyladosc
Unfortunately I clicked on it. You should stop being so stupid &putting yourself down. Obviously a student forum is going to attract the strongest students wanting to further themselves, TSR is by no way a fair reflection of the student population. Its really unhealthy to compare grades with other members, most of them think that by putting up straight A*s their argument will carry more weight but it just makes them look like showoffs. Do the best you can, I don't see what you are gaining from this, your time would much better be spent revising, like I should be!

aha.
you have a point!
true, so should i! :')
what do you mean?

if you're taking the piss out of my spelling&grammar like everyone else please don't bother.
i'm typing fast&tbh i can't be arsed to make sure my writing satisfies the people of tsr.. :/

Way to miss my point completely. I meant that a lot of people post troll threads to try and wind people up and get lots of replies.

If you're interested in engineering, you can do courses that combine it with business or management. My boyfriend studies engineering and judging by some of his work, he does a lot of economics and business-related modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending