The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Get Real
Of course he didn’t want to be captured; they knew that already believe it or not.

His retaliation? What a fifty year old on his own, against twenty of America’s best troops. Please…

If they wanted to capture him, they would have captured him. Instead they chose to kill him.

What';s with the attempted use to insult me? I know he didn't want to be captured.. i have said it most times.. with reference to the US knowing this and the news knowing this.. your pathetic attempt to try to get on a high horse i guess?

Hmm right ok.
a 50 year old who most likely had guns..
How on earth could he retaliate i wonder :rolleyes:

P.s. they have now said they would rather of captured him than kill him, but.. ofcourse.. you probably won't believe that cuz it's from the news and the news is all lies! :O
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1221
The burial at sea was prepared for months in advance

"It was prepared several months in advance, 'if we capture him, what would we do with his body?' we consulted appropriate religious experts and it was decided that this was the most appropriate method of burying him"
- Military official on sky news.
Original post by Tommyjw
Hmm right ok.
a 50 year old who most likely had guns..

How on earth could he retaliate i wonder :rolleyes:

Out-numbered twenty to one, out-gunned twenty to one. That provides the soldiers with alot of different approaches to the situation.
Of course he didn’t want to be captured; they knew that already believe it or not.

His retaliation? What a fifty year old on his own, against twenty of America’s best troops. Please…

If they wanted to capture him, they would have captured him. Instead they chose to kill him.

No, not really.

If a 50 year old is firing a gun at you. You will shoot him regardless of whether you have the best troops on your side.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I don't know.

Why don't you ask the canoe man's neighbours why they didn't have a clue that he stayed there? Bin Laden wasn't going out on morning jogs and attending his neigbours barbacues.

It isn't about keeping an open mind. You keep on bringing up stupid points. There is a difference between asking a sensible question and asking a series of stupid questions.

I don't think my question was particularly stupid given that there was a huge prize for his capture had one of the local residents recognised him and reported him to authorities.
The problem here is people's strong trust with the media and politicians to the point that questioning whatever they say is classed as stupid. It's almost scary the way the media can manipulate anyone's beliefs and reasoning.
Out-numbered twenty to one, out-gunned twenty to one. That provides the soldiers with alot of different approaches to the situation.

:facepalm:

You are REALLY trying to say that man shooting a gun at everyone isn't harmful?
If ONE soldier was injured or killed because they didn't kill him straight away when he had a gun, they tried to 'capture him' ignoring his harm.. do you even realise the outburst that would cause?

You really have no idea do you.
We fear some old man in the middle east but we see no threat from a country which has 1000+ military bases worldwide...
Original post by Dekota-XS
I don't think my question was particularly stupid given that there was a huge prize for his capture had one of the local residents recognised him and reported him to authorities.
The problem here is people's strong trust with the media and politicians to the point that questioning whatever they say is classed stupid. It's almost scary the way media can manipulate anyone's beliefs and reasoning.

He didn't leave his house.
He burnt all his rubbish.
He had no phone, no internet.

This has been said.

I'd like your opinions on how we expect people to be super-human and see through big tall walls? Else otherwise i see no way the locals could know.
Reply 1228
*You're

I've been following the BBC news since morning and they've changed parts of their story 4 times now. Every time they change parts of the story or add to it, it seems like its too convienant to be true. Alas I'll keep following it, see if they can provide some hard evidence.

Why do you feel the need to correct others? :rolleyes:
I'm rather worried about the reaction of Al-Qaeda.
Original post by Tommyjw
:facepalm:

You are REALLY trying to say that man shooting a gun at everyone isn't harmful?
If ONE soldier was injured or killed because they didn't kill him straight away when he had a gun, they tried to 'capture him' ignoring his harm.. do you even realise the outburst that would cause?

You really have no idea do you.

I am aware of that. Now who's trying to get on the high-horse. :wink:

There is a large compund, there is one man. Unless he is hiding in a corner, there are multiple ways of surrounding him.

Stun Grenades,Tasers, rubber bullets = Captured.

It is not difficult.
Original post by MelonFroot

Same. Just patiently awaiting for the USA/UK to explode at any given moment in the next 3 months.
I am aware of that. Now who's trying to get on the high-horse. :wink:

There is a large compund, there is one man. Unless he is hiding in a corner, there are multiple ways of surrounding him.

Stun Grenades,Tasers, rubber bullets = Captured.

It is not difficult.

Oh, sorry.

I wasn't aware you were there.

Care to tell me more about what happened? :smile:
Reply 1234
The problem here is people's strong trust with the media and politicians to the point that questioning whatever they say is classed as stupid. It's almost scary the way the media can manipulate anyone's beliefs and reasoning.

Being the most wanted man in the world - i'd imagine he didn't leave his two-walled 12ft high prison.
Those who lived around the area have tweeted that the house seemed to be abandoned with no activity and nobody entering or leaving the house, any local person could easily assume that it was just abandoned - houses in that part of the world are built by the owners and not by the government because they purchase the land therefore they are free to do with it what they want provided it falls within the law.
If I was a local citizen I would assume it was abandoned especially if I or nobody I knew ever saw anyone enter or leave or any sign of human life.

Yes, but I have already said that is was highly unlikely that he left his compound. Therefore, it would impossible for any local residents to recognise him.

Not really. People always question the media and etc. That isn't a problem.

People like you just ask daft questions.
Reply 1236
Original post by Limitless
We fear some old man in the middle east but we see no threat from a country which has 1000+ military bases worldwide...

Yes, because he was just "some old man in the middle east".
Original post by MelonFroot

I reckon Al-Qaedas reaction would not have severe as it will be if they captured him.
I like how people are attacking Dekotas-XS when he is probably speaking the more sense then most people on this thread.
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh, sorry.

I wasn't aware you were there.

Care to tell me more about what happened? :smile:

Some people got ****ed up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending