The Student Room Group

Girl I'm dating calling me 'cutie'? O.o

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 1.2.3.
is this your biggest problem in life?

Yes.

Original post by *Lollo*
I am also looking for that kind of thing with a guy. Like a lover more than an f-buddy. But it usually gets messy. Either I get jealous or he does. Or both of us, although nobody admit it. And it's a difficult situation for two people to mutually understand unless it's directly explained.

I have this with another girl since 3 years and still ongoing and never had any problems :smile: but she's also the only one, and we talk about how other people are just too fixiated on "Either... Or..". So yeah, there aren't too many people who are up for this, and maintaining it is of course an entirely different thing.

Original post by RequiemForADream
It's a COMPLIMENT - accept it!

Yeah there is not comment that contradicts with that, I'll accept it :P
Reply 21
Reached my rep limit. Whether you care about it or not, you'll all get nice reps tomorrow :P
Reply 22
whoaa looking way too much into this -- just have fun!
Reply 23
Take it as a good thing- she probably just means you're good looking! (In a non-baby sense way, I'm sure... :wink:)
Reply 24
Original post by GAguy
Looking for good reps?

Yeah she made compliments about my looks, but are you sure this is the same thing? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it just doesn't seem the right word to say to a guy as a straight compliment.

If I would simply be looking for sex, I could also just call up a prostitute.

Yeah it is, trust me.
Reply 25
I'd love to be called cutie (: It's a good thing!
she's talking about your penis
Original post by GAguy
Where did I make an issue out of it? Different people got different questions..

Yeah but its a stupid question. Thats like someone saying "Why does my girlfriend call me 'babe'?" or "Why does my mum call me 'sweetheart'?"

It doesnt matter.
Reply 28
Original post by GAguy
Hey,
Only advice that comes from your experience please.

So I date this girl, and it was all right straight forward, we made out and had sex on the first date, and do it since (been only a couple of weeks). She knows I'm not looking for anything serious. But I can see her pushing the boundaries at times. She is pretty much VERY into me.

The only thing that I find strange is that she calls me 'cutie' quite often. I'm not native English, but I put this word more in connection with girls than with guys. Why would a girl that likes me that much as a guy feminise me? She is a bit of a Tomboy, and I'm not an ******* type guy if that helps you in any way.

As always, help is much appreciated.

Laid on first date? May i ask where did you go?
She's a Tomboy and you aren't. By her calling you cutie she's subliminally taking some of the "power" over the relationship, most of which is due to her being a "tomboy" and you allowing her to call you sweetie. Sweetie is something one of my female friends who is 6 years older than me calls me. She says I'm cute. I know she's not interested in a relationship and neither am I, however her calling me sweetie is just her expressing how she perceives me through my actions and how I act towards her.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it and she isn't trying to take anything away from you in terms of the relationship, however if you don't like it you could just ask her to stop, I don't think a big deal would come out of this or anything.
Reply 30
Original post by Antonia87
Yeah but its a stupid question. Thats like someone saying "Why does my girlfriend call me 'babe'?" or "Why does my mum call me 'sweetheart'?"

It doesnt matter.

It matters to me.

Original post by Swimmer
Laid on first date? May i ask where did you go?

Don't think too much into it, it happens all the time, the place doesn't really play a role. But if you want to know, we went for a coffee and then to the park since the weather was nice.

Original post by Young Spade
She's a Tomboy and you aren't. By her calling you cutie she's subliminally taking some of the "power" over the relationship, most of which is due to her being a "tomboy" and you allowing her to call you sweetie. Sweetie is something one of my female friends who is 6 years older than me calls me. She says I'm cute. I know she's not interested in a relationship and neither am I, however her calling me sweetie is just her expressing how she perceives me through my actions and how I act towards her.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it and she isn't trying to take anything away from you in terms of the relationship, however if you don't like it you could just ask her to stop, I don't think a big deal would come out of this or anything.

Thanks, that was really thought provoking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending