The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by j.laurence

You know you have too much free time, when this is the 10th time you've seen this picture posted in this thread today.

Oh well :bban:
I'm glad hes resting in pieces now, but why did they dump it in the sea so quickly? All thats going to do is get the drug addled conspiracy theorists into overdrive, and their theories are going to look half plausible as a result :confused:
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
it would demolish the back of the head, the front would look alright (well ish)

The frontal structure wouldn't retain enoughs strength to support it. The back-wash of the power from the round would blow out what was left, and the entire head would be left as a brain-basin.

Ultimately it would depend on the firearm used, the round used and the distance it was fired from.

With factors like that, the damage to the cranium would vary. However, one thing's for sure; the mess wouldn't be pretty.
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
I'm glad hes resting in pieces now, but why did they dump it in the sea so quickly? All thats going to do is get the drug addled conspiracy theorists into overdrive, and their theories are going to look half plausible as a result :confused:

They have their pictures of the body (apparently, of course, not confirmed / shown yet) and only have 24 hours to 'bury' him.. so why wait? They have all they need from the body.
If he's not found it's a conspiracy but if he's found it's also a conspiracy :facepalm2:

Anyways there's links to a eyewitnesshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13257330
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13257940
I'm glad he's finally gone, but the implications of his death could mean there are more attacks in revenge or whatever, but they should hopefully be considerably weaker now their leader is dead.
Reply 1346
Original post by Charlesworth
It is Islamic tradition to be buried within 24 hours of death. Saudi Arabia decline his body and in order for his grave not to become a shrine, he was buried at sea.

Wouldn't that thought, in foresight, of burying him in an unknown location irrespective of religious beliefs open a can of worms i.e. conspiracies?

After all, this individual was quite infamous worldwide & was said to have been an extremist, not a part of Islam's followers by the majority of Muslims & Non-Muslims (refer to President of the USA in his speech in Cairo, 2009 for instance). Essentially, this reason of burying him within 24 hours, is validating respect for him as a Muslim with US & Pakistani soldiers willing to respect him as a follower of Islam. Then, I would assume, the same courtesy and respect is given to every 'Muslim' everywhere under the custody of the USA & in the wars it is currently occupied with?
(edited 12 years ago)
There's no such thing as god so **** his fairy tale beliefs.
Original post by goldenGAZE
Osama Bin Laden compound tagged on Google Maps. Reviews are awesome. "Great hideout would use again"

Lol.

Btw.
That's not his compound.

Gah, there's no street view :angry:
Reply 1351
Chinese animated interpretation of how the assassination took place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiDyrkU0WAQ
Original post by OdinsThunder
Gah, there's no street view :angry:

Oh yeah, I can see Google vans driving around a military dominated bit of Pakistan filming the streets :tongue:
Reply 1353
Original post by Tommyjw
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256956

Feel free to read MULTIPLE leaders reactions yourself. The point is, everyone is happy about it.

The guy did not need a fair trial, he was a target of the US. He had admitted his crimes

(Whether you like it or not, it was legal, i am no expert so cannot comment on the specifics but multiple sources have stated it is legal and multiple people on the live stream have said it too)

You highly doubt the world's most wanted man had any protection.. :facepalm:.

Btw.. what the hell are you on about?
It is not about the size of americas military force. This wasn't a case of every one of their soldiers against every one of Al Qaeda.
20 men v like 4. If those 4 men had guns, or threatened the lives of the soldiers in any way.. the rules of engagement state they should shoot them.. shoot to kill.

You don't believe anything in the media?
So the presidents and officials of various countries are all liars i guess? Good for you for believing that.

I dont care if people are happy about it, I care about the fact that a man has been killed.

where is your proof that he was behind 9/11, besides all the conspiracies in the media?

nobody has ever claimed responsibilty for the 9/11 attacks.

Even Mohammed Atta, the leader of the 9/11 attackers, did not identify himself as having belonged to any terrorist group.

The 7/7 attacks in London were carried out by British Nationals who were angry with the illegal invasion of Iraq.

There is no known link with Osama Bin Laden to the Bali and Madrid bombings.

There is no link between Iraq and Osama Bin Laden.

BASICALLY.
I believe that International Law should have been followed, and if they knew he was there then a proper, LEGAL, extradition process should have been followed. He should have been arrested and brought to trial, and the evidence against him presented in a court of Law. By executing him and disposing him of his body, none of the facts are examined in court. If all countries behaved in the way that the USA has dealt with this situation then it would undermine International Law.
Reply 1354
Original post by History-Student
Oh yeah, I can see Google vans driving around a military dominated bit of Pakistan filming the streets :tongue:

I need pics or it doesn't exist tbh

:rolleyes:
Original post by skenny7

BASICALLY.
I believe that International Law should have been followed, and if they knew he was there then a proper, LEGAL, extradition process should have been followed. He should have been arrested and brought to trial, and the evidence against him presented in a court of Law. By executing him and disposing him of his body, none of the facts are examined in court. If all countries behaved in the way that the USA has dealt with this situation then it would undermine International Law.

You are SO naive it's embarrassing hahahah
He said himself HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE CAPTURED AND WOULD RATHER DIE.

I love how simply minded you are, you think it's super easy to find and capture the worlds most wanted man, without any injuries or anything :L

Plus it was legal and everything that the US would rather have him dead :L

Please, think about what you are saying
He was a known threat to the country such to the extent they were allowed to kill him in such a way, deal with it. Whether you like it or not, it is a fact. Now go cry somewhere else.
International law was clearly followed you naive fool.
(edited 12 years ago)
He isn't dead. At all. It's a lie. Idiots. Seriously. If he was we need hardcore evidence not word of mouth. And not only that even if their was evidence i wouldn't still believe it. If he died he died years ago. Tbh.
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly
If he died he died years ago. Tbh.

Proves how stupid some of these idiots really are :facepalm:
Original post by Tommyjw
Proves how stupid some of these idiots really are :facepalm:

In my opinion. He may be dead yes but he's not just died now don't believe sky news.
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly
He isn't dead. At all. It's a lie. Idiots. Seriously. If he was we need hardcore evidence not word of mouth. And not only that even if their was evidence i wouldn't still believe it. If he died he died years ago. Tbh.

:rofl: No point anyone trying to convince you otherwise then, is there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending