The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by isaqyi
I am considering getting private health insurance, but no longer wish to contribute to the NHS as it is the worst healthcare system in Western Europe. I do not see it as my responsibility to pay for other peoples' healthcare, when I am more than willing to pay for my own.

Is there any way I can stop the British public stealing my money to pay for their healthcare?

Edit: I might have known that the extreme far left would have taken a disliking to my post.

Until you lose your job and will have to rely on others to pay for your health care?
Reply 461
Original post by isaqyi
The people on this thread are just charity cases. Go and bleat to the Salvation Army if it's charity you want; I couldn't care less!

Then WHY did you make a a thread that you KNOW is going to receive negative responses? :rolleyes: I think somebody has some serious attention seeking issues!

Also, you can't opt out of paying for the NHS. Your taxes go to pay for more than that - you may never need the help of the Fire Rescue Service or the Police or a Citizen's Advice Bureau, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't contribute to them. It's called contributing to society.

If you wanna live in a world where you don't have to make any contributions to the protection and health of others (y'know, follow a moral duty) then there's plenty of non-populated islands in the south Pacific. Have a lovely time and don't forget the sunscreen sweetheart!

Also, I'm not a member of the 'extreme far left', I'm center-right according to the political spectrum :smile:
For some reason this cretin thinks that private health care will pay for all his health needs.
It won't.
When he is diagnosed with cancer he will get his initial treatment covered then he will be dropped like a hot potato.
H.G Wells: The world is a world, not a charitable institute
Reply 464
To be honest I am ashamed that someone could ask this question, you never know when you will need healthcare, and I don't think there should be discrimination just because some people can afford it and others can't. Your only option is to live somewhere else
Reply 465
Original post by daemongreen
H.G Wells: The world is a world, not a charitable institute

H.G. Wells: A man after my own heart. I don't understand how these charity cases on here don't feel a scrap of shame expecting me to pay for their healthcare.
Original post by isaqyi
H.G. Wells: A man after my own heart. I don't understand how these charity cases on here don't feel a scrap of shame expecting me to pay for their healthcare.

We all pay for healthcare that's what makes it fair and equal, your paying for your own future too, you are extremely selfish and I really hope one day you'll understand what it is like for someone to be ill and wanting to get better. To deny them it because they can't afford it is completely wrong. You are ignorant and selfish and I hope you realise one day that your small contribution in tax is helping all sorts of people.
Reply 467
Original post by Jordenfruitbat
I hope you realise one day that your small contribution in tax is helping all sorts of people.

This is a discussion forum, not a sentimentality corner. If I'm feeling generous, I buy a big issue. I resent however having money forcibly taken from my wages to pay for healthcare.
Original post by isaqyi

This is a discussion forum, not a sentimentality corner. If I'm feeling generous, I buy a big issue. I resent however having money forcibly taken from my wages to pay for healthcare.

Well if you wern't such a dickhead I am sure you would realise that your money is also investing in your own future so at least your sad lonesome selfish self can be comforted in knowing that if you ever have an accident or a serious health condition it's already paid for, not so much stealing now is it.
it's hardly being on the 'extreme' left just because you can think of somebody other than yourself. i don't know of anybody in my family who uses the nhs but everybody is happy to contribute because it could save the life of another. and is it 'stealing'? i see it as more like working as a society to ensure better health for all; being financially underprivileged should not have to mean you should have nobody to turn to in your time of need in a developed country with developed moral values.
Original post by isaqyi

Not everyone arguing in favour of the NHS is a charity case. Sometimes it really is just for the good of the nation. Selfishly, I could be in favour of a purely private health system... Certainly my future income would be considerably greater if I worked in the private sector rather than in the NHS; indeed many Consultants can double their NHS salary by doing only one day of private work a week. Even so, I'm still a massive supporter of the NHS and hate the idea of its existence being threatened. An exclusively private healthcare system would be extremely beneficial to me financially, but I'd be complete w@nker if I wanted that at the expense of millions of people's lives
Original post by hypocriticaljap
For some reason this cretin thinks that private health care will pay for all his health needs.
It won't.
When he is diagnosed with cancer he will get his initial treatment covered then he will be dropped like a hot potato.

could NOT agree more; anybody seeking medical health insurance does even need to read the fine print to be aware of these policies- you will not be covered for everything. even with bupa's rolls royce option, believe me.
Original post by Chwirkytheappleboy
Not everyone arguing in favour of the NHS is a charity case. Sometimes it really is just for the good of the nation. Selfishly, I could be in favour of a purely private health system... Certainly my future income would be considerably greater if I worked in the private sector rather than in the NHS; indeed many Consultants can double their NHS salary by doing only one day of private work a week. Even so, I'm still a massive supporter of the NHS and hate the idea of its existence being threatened. An exclusively private healthcare system would be extremely beneficial to me financially, but I'd be complete w@nker if I wanted that at the expense of millions of people's lives

I also really agree with this as a nurse I will be very very underpaid in the NHS and could earn a lot more in the private sector but I am also in support of the NHS and so will choose to work and support for them and am completely against a private healthcare system, the NHS does save lives.
Reply 473
Original post by Captain_Rhodes
I couldn't care less about you but when I'm qualified in a few years I'd still treat you to the best of my abilities and with respect just like I'd treat anyone else.

Good for you.

And you wouldn't be doing that anyway if the NHS weren't paying you a fat salary. The salary of NHS doctors makes me sick.
Reply 474
I also really agree with this as a nurse I will be very very underpaid in the NHS and could earn a lot more in the private sector but I am also in support of the NHS and so will choose to work and support for them and am completely against a private healthcare system, the NHS does save lives.

Underpaid? Don't make me ****ing laugh. The average salary of a GP is £90k a year just to sit there and misdiagnose patients half the time.

If an NHS doctor told me that the sky is blue, I'd ask for a second opinion.
Original post by isaqyi
Underpaid? Don't make me ****ing laugh. The average salary of a GP is £90k a year just to sit there and misdiagnose patients half the time.

I am going to be underpaid lol nurses are paid around £21k which is nothing compared to what I will have to do. when did I mention GP's salary at all?
Reply 476
I am going to be underpaid lol nurses are paid around £21k which is nothing compared to what I will have to do. when did I mention GP's salary at all?

Well you should have said nursing. I find that slightly more tolerable.

I just got a bit confused because your gender shows that you are a male.
Original post by isaqyi

You think private doctors are better than NHS doctors? I've got news for you: most private doctors in the UK are NHS doctors who do a bit of private work for extra pocket money.
Original post by isaqyi
Well you should have said nursing. I find that slightly more tolerable.

I just got a bit confused because your gender shows that you are a male.

Oh yayyy stereotyping! There are plenty of male nurses you know. Whats so bad about a male being a nurse really!? and you should read properly I did say "as a nurse I am going to be underpaid" I am dislking you more and more
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by emmanuella9
what? You are making no sense now. In near death/desperate situations, do you intend on using the national services, police, firemen and healthcare? Even if it's only one or two of them?

If so pay your ****ing N.I.

You are 9 aren't you? :biggrin:

I was advocating private protection/fire/healthcare.

With the current state monopoly it isn't possible to provide anything near what a completely free market would.

Latest

Trending

Trending