The Student Room Group

Hi, I got caught using a child ticket on london underground!?

Scroll to see replies

Looks like a court date is iminent for you, son. Best hope you're ready to go back home. :sadnod:

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by confuse123
Be careful!
Actually they inspected me at the station! I just got out of the barrier and stopped for like a min to search for my phone and there they came...

I be listening to music with headhones on, mean mugging everyone and walking really fast lol plus I usually go at peak times, there's rarely ever inspectors even on the regular rail networks at peak times.
Reply 22
Original post by LadyLondoner
Lol I always buy child day travelcards! It's such a waste of money, they encourage you to use public transport and the prices are sky high! Ridiculous

Then why don't you just steal from everyone around you? The prices of a lot of things are sky high, why not just steal food from shops? iPads are expensive - why not just steal them from your friends?

By your rationale, it's ridiculous that you should have to pay for expensive things. Therefore, you would be justified in just taking whatever you want from whomever you like.
i done it back in 1958 , thats me just out of Guantanamo bay
Original post by Clip
Then why don't you just steal from everyone around you? The prices of a lot of things are sky high, why not just steal food from shops? iPads are expensive - why not just steal them from your friends?

By your rationale, it's ridiculous that you should have to pay for expensive things. Therefore, you would be justified in just taking whatever you want from whomever you like.

Yes I am a thief.
Reply 25
From my experience they can sometimes be in plain clothes. They just flash a badge and demand to see your ticket. (Or have I been had?)
Death row awaits :tea: Run before the pigs arrive at your front door
Reply 27
I got my ticket checked a few times abroad, but never in England. Y'know if they really want to ease congestion and reduce emissions in London the government would make public transport free there. Not a bad idea, granted it would cost a lot but would be worth it I think.
Original post by Clip

There was a story on Apple recently showing scant regard for employment laws in China by illegally making their Ipad builders work 100+ hours a week. And paying £5 a day (if that) for the pleasure.

Your example was a well meaning one but corporations are far worse criminals than the guy you quoted
Reply 29
Thanks guys I do accept whatever fine I should pay since it was my entire fault. I was really petrified because Im afraid of a prosecution, which I hope is unlikely. If I know that there have been people in the same situation who just needed to pay a fine then i hope the same will happen to me.
thanks a lot!

its nothing big dw i know atleast 5 people this has happened to
Original post by Einheri
I got my ticket checked a few times abroad, but never in England. Y'know if they really want to ease congestion and reduce emissions in London the government would make public transport free there. Not a bad idea, granted it would cost a lot but would be worth it I think.

Free for the whole country or not at all.

Just to make the point that always comes up in these threads: London transports is already miles cheaper than pretty much anywhere else in the UK.

It's a terrible idea, taxes would have to rise.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Fonix
Your fine. This happened to me once, never even reacived a letter :smile:

This. Wouldn't worry about it.
The ones inspected me didnt wear any uniform...

Then you just gave your address to some random men :colondollar:
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Free for the whole country or not at all.

Just to make the point that always comes up in these threads: London transports is already miles cheaper than pretty much anywhere else in the UK.

It's a terrible idea, taxes would have to rise.

Is it really? All i know is that I can get a train to Oxford and back again cheaper than i can buy a day's adult travel card in London
I used to do that all the time on the train when I was going to school. I felt that if I was still at school I should still count as a child...

But meh...I hate Scotrail.
Reply 35
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
There was a story on Apple recently showing scant regard for employment laws in China by illegally making their Ipad builders work 100+ hours a week. And paying £5 a day (if that) for the pleasure.

Your example was a well meaning one but corporations are far worse criminals than the guy you quoted

One has nothing to do with the other.

What does London Underground have to do with Apple? Nothing.

Are you suggesting that because a company that you say (without attribution) defies employment laws in China (sic), that justifies fare-dodging?
Reply 36
Be careful!
Actually they inspected me at the station! I just got out of the barrier and stopped for like a min to search for my phone and there they came...

If you weren't actually on the train, couldn't you have said you never intended to use it? You were just...a train ticket collector and wanted it to put in your collection? Or it was for your younger sister?

No? Okay :ashamed2:
Lol I always buy child day travelcards! It's such a waste of money, they encourage you to use public transport and the prices are sky high! Ridiculous

This exactly this... quite often can walk the distance (lazyness :biggrin:)
or drive it for half the price.... train birmingahm - exeter was £40+each i can drive there and back onone tank which also costs £40, plus i can take 3 others with me on that ! stupidness!
x
Reply 38
Yes I am a thief.

No, you're something else, and it is spelled with four letters, not five.
Reply 39
ya dun goof'd

Quick Reply

Latest