The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Doughnuts!!

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Just watched 'Day of the Moon' again and I've realised that I don't get why Canton was pretending to chase them down for three months. :confused:

Anybody willing to explain?

To give them enough space to get information on the Silents. If he was involved in their 'capture' then he could keep them informed when they were close to capture.

-----------

One thing I didn't understand. Both Rory and River had changed their clothes as it had been 3 months, yet Amy had the same clothes on, looking very clean, 3 months later...
Original post by Mess.

One thing I didn't understand. Both Rory and River had changed their clothes as it had been 3 months, yet Amy had the same clothes on, looking very clean, 3 months later...

Maybe she washed them and happened to re-wear them?
Reply 1182
Original post by sheep_go_baa

Original post by sheep_go_baa
Maybe she washed them and happened to re-wear them?

Just seems a bit odd to have the same outfit on for 3 months when on the run. Changing your outfit etc would be one of the first things you did. And stopping to give them a wash whilst sitting naked :sexface: would be a terrible idea :teehee:
Reply 1183
Maybe that was a clue to the whole 'centurion' thing, so he was hired when he was the same age as he is now...if that makes any sense.

makes more sense than him being 40 :P
Reply 1184
the badge thing i mean
Reply 1185
Original post by Sawwah
Maybe that was a clue to the whole 'centurion' thing, so he was hired when he was the same age as he is now...if that makes any sense.

makes more sense than him being 40 :P

I think dr who people have openly admitted that was a mistake, although I don't have a source

edit found one:
"Anachronisms: On the close-up of Rory's Royal Leadworth Hospital identification badge, the issue date is shown as issued on 30th November 1990. However, by all other accounts "The Eleventh Hour" is set in the near-past (Spring 2008 as of the Spring 2010 airdate) by the existence of laptop computers, a specific 2008 Blackberry cellular phone, and the existence of Facebook, Bebo, and Twitter Internet services. (When asked about this Continuity Error in New York by an American fan on 13th April 2010 and whether it was part of the series' timeline by a fan, Executive Producer/Showrunner Steven Moffat commented that "I have never actually looked at Rory's name tag to be completely honest with you... it's not a significant plot thing" and that it was simply a production error and had no in-show significance.)"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1577256/goofs
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1186
Original post by Sawwah

Original post by Sawwah
the badge thing i mean

I missread that as badger

DoktaUH
:badger:

I blame you :hmmm:
Original post by boba
I think dr who people have openly admitted that was a mistake, although I don't have a source

edit found one:
"Anachronisms: On the close-up of Rory's Royal Leadworth Hospital identification badge, the issue date is shown as issued on 30th November 1990. However, by all other accounts "The Eleventh Hour" is set in the near-past (Spring 2008 as of the Spring 2010 airdate) by the existence of laptop computers, a specific 2008 Blackberry cellular phone, and the existence of Facebook, Bebo, and Twitter Internet services. (When asked about this Continuity Error in New York by an American fan on 13th April 2010 and whether it was part of the series' timeline by a fan, Executive Producer/Showrunner Steven Moffat commented that "I have never actually looked at Rory's name tag to be completely honest with you... it's not a significant plot thing" and that it was simply a production error and had no in-show significance.)"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1577256/goofs

Moffat would say that :holmes:
Urgh, finally finished my 4000 word essay (including proof-reading). It stands at 4398 words - 2 words below the upper limit. My eyes feel so heavy after having to read the damn thing. Honestly, how can I expect my lecturer to read it if I can barely do so. Oh wait, he gets paid to do so, I'm just paying to do it...
Reply 1189
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Just pretend there is one of these in your room. Should make you feel wide awake. :awesome:

So I had to put this up to the top of the page so I didn't see it, and then the page moved down to the bottom again. I may have shrieked a little :colondollar:
Just pretend there is one of these in your room. Should make you feel wide awake. :awesome:

Nah thanks. I'm done and can now sleep. Bai bai.
Original post by Aula
So I had to put this up to the top of the page so I didn't see it, and then the page moved down to the bottom again. I may have shrieked a little :colondollar:

tbh, right now I wouldnt mind being sent back to whatever time they send you to :sad:
Reply 1192
Original post by TulipFields

Original post by TulipFields
tbh, right now I wouldnt mind being sent back to whatever time they send you to :sad:

Really not the only one :sad:
Original post by Aula
Really not the only one :sad:

:console: I decided to watch Time of the Angel to cheer myself up :teehee: (Really weird, but I think being creeped out helps :p:)
Pirate Pond. :sexface:

Spoiler

Not a spoiler, just a promo image.
Original post by LastLordofTime
Urgh, finally finished my 4000 word essay (including proof-reading). It stands at 4398 words - 2 words below the upper limit. My eyes feel so heavy after having to read the damn thing. Honestly, how can I expect my lecturer to read it if I can barely do so. Oh wait, he gets paid to do so, I'm just paying to do it...

I first thought you said you were 2 words over the upper word limit, making the upper word limit 2396. Which I thought was very odd until I re-read it.

I think I need sleep :P
With respect to the strange scene with Madame Kovarian in the Orphanage "No, I think she's just dreaming."

I found the gif for the 'white room' and they seem connected:

Thoughts?

Made me smile. Would rep if I could. :tongue:

Have we already seen the white room on screen?

Original post by Aula
Ooh, Rory's badge was never explained. Do we know if it was just a mistake?

I know this has already been answered but the badge was never explained although they could have used the fact that Rory was a Centurion to explain it. :dontknow:
"Since when do you drink wine?"
"I'm 1103, I must have drunk it at sometime"

Couple of throwaway lines much?

We know the Doctor has drunk wine before, most recently in The Lodger with James Corden (who is also returning this year). You can say it's coincidental, but is anything "just a coincidence" with Steven Moffat? :holmes:
Original post by Mess.
To give them enough space to get information on the Silents. If he was involved in their 'capture' then he could keep them informed when they were close to capture.

-----------

Yeah, I understand that, but exactly were they being captured? AFAIK, they didn't do anything that warranted being chased by the FBI.

Good point about Amy. :holmes:
Original post by TheCrackInTime
"Since when do you drink wine?"
"I'm 1103, I must have drunk it at sometime"

Couple of throwaway lines much?

We know the Doctor has drunk wine before, most recently in The Lodger with James Corden (who is also returning this year). You can say it's coincidental, but is anything "just a coincidence" with Steven Moffat? :holmes:

"Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you're busy, in which case, always ignore a coincidence"

Latest