The Student Room Group

Has my offer definitely been confirmed?

I remember that you have to accept an offer before a certain date in May, or you will lose your offer. My status is currently 'You have accepted an offer', and I have received a UCAS letter to confirm this.

I am applying for second year entry. Is there anything else I need to do to definitely make sure my offer has been confirmed, or is my offer now bullet-proof?

Sorry if I sound paranoid, just wanted to make sure. :redface:
I firmed my offer last Thursday but yet to receive any confirmation letters :s-smilie: I am worried
Reply 2
does it say on the confirmation letter that you need to log into anything on the university website and confirm your place?

i had to log into this welcome section of the universities website and confirm my place, after i'd also confirmed it on UCAS
Reply 3
Original post by Cll_ws
does it say on the confirmation letter that you need to log into anything on the university website and confirm your place?

i had to log into this welcome section of the universities website and confirm my place, after i'd also confirmed it on UCAS

No. I just remember it was a short letter to say it'd been confirmed by UCAS. The university just sent me a letter saying 'We look forward to you coming here' or something.

Did the university e-mail you to ask you to do this? My offer is still there on Track so I assume this particular university doesn't require me to do it.
Reply 4
Original post by Mark12345680
I firmed my offer last Thursday but yet to receive any confirmation letters :s-smilie: I am worried

I didn't get mine until two weeks after I'd confirmed it.

Since Thursday, we've had two bank holidays and a Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if it's moderately delayed in the post due to this.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Since Thursday, we've had two bank holidays and a Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if it's moderately delayed in the post due to this.

Ye this is what I thought too.
But 1 thing that concerns me is that I still haven't received any emails regarding the decision I made on UCAS.
I would expect to receive the relevant emails tomorrow though.
Well thanks for replying :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Pandora_Eyes
No. I just remember it was a short letter to say it'd been confirmed by UCAS. The university just sent me a letter saying 'We look forward to you coming here' or something.

Did the university e-mail you to ask you to do this? My offer is still there on Track so I assume this particular university doesn't require me to do it.

No i don't think i did get an email from the university asking me to do it. obviously i was given the log-in details for this welcome area of the website, then when i logged in i saw that i had to confirm my place. this was before i got my UCAS confirmation letter, and when i did get it, it said on that that i needed to do this, so obviously i would of eventually done it anyway.

but i haven't recieved anything else from UCAS or the University.

i presume if your letter didn't say something similar then confirming on UCAS was all you needed to do! Plus i don't know whether you've done accommodation yet? it usually won't let you apply for that unless you've accepted an offer from them.
Reply 8
Ye this is what I thought too.
But 1 thing that concerns me is that I still haven't received any emails regarding the decision I made on UCAS.
I would expect to receive the relevant emails tomorrow though.
Well thanks for replying :biggrin:

yeah it took a couple of weeks until i got my confirmation letter from UCAS.
and i'm not sure whether they even sent an email after i confirmed? but you should have the screen confirming it when you log in
i was a bit disappointed that i didn't get a 'thank you for accepting our offer' letter from Warwick, but never mind...if you have the letter from UCAS, you don't need to worry
Reply 10
Original post by Alison1992
i was a bit disappointed that i didn't get a 'thank you for accepting our offer' letter from Warwick, but never mind...if you have the letter from UCAS, you don't need to worry

Haha that's the situation I'm in now, I just emailed my firm choice before to enquire as to whether they had received note of my firm decision from UCAS

I now feel a tad stupid for doing so as it doesn't seem to be the procedure for them to email saying thank you or something similar haha, I won't get a reply until wednesday neither :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Pandora_Eyes
I remember that you have to accept an offer before a certain date in May, or you will lose your offer. My status is currently 'You have accepted an offer', and I have received a UCAS letter to confirm this.

I am applying for second year entry. Is there anything else I need to do to definitely make sure my offer has been confirmed, or is my offer now bullet-proof?

Sorry if I sound paranoid, just wanted to make sure. :redface:

Hi :smile:

Universities usually have different communication methods; is your offer conditional or uncondtional?

I'm applying for Northampton as my Firm and Roehampton as my Insurance:

Both are condtional but Northampton did not send me and e-mail or a letter.

They will send me a letter in August when my offer changes.

there are other uni's that do the same thing

on the other hand i got an e-mail from Roehampton the same day.

So yeah for anyone that is worried, take into account that your letter may not come untill nearer the time (Such as August) :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by daryl
Hi :smile:

Universities usually have different communication methods; is your offer conditional or uncondtional?

I'm applying for Northampton as my Firm and Roehampton as my Insurance:

Both are condtional but Northampton did not send me and e-mail or a letter.

They will send me a letter in August when my offer changes.

there are other uni's that do the same thing

on the other hand i got an e-mail from Roehampton the same day.

So yeah for anyone that is worried, take into account that your letter may not come untill nearer the time (Such as August) :smile:

Conditional. Thanks, I'll just wait until August then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending