The Student Room Group

Anyone else incredibly disappointed with themselves?

I've had 3 weeks of holidays yet have done practically nothing, disappointed doesn't even cover it to be honest.

Anyone else? Maybe we can all yell at each other to stop letting ourselves down and start revising?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. :emo:
Original post by Blueflare

Yes. :emo:

I'm doing work now, why not join me?
Reply 3
No =]
Reply 4
Yes. Hungover days are not productive.
Reply 5
Original post by Aemiliana
I'm doing work now, why not join me?

Yeah I'm totally going to. In a minute.

Reply 6
Same boat, AND I've got a ridiculous number of exams this summer too.
Though I've decided I'm staying in the library everyday for the next month and half.

Someone shoot me and rid me of this feeling.
Yes. I feel like the worst person in the world sometimes. However I have written two essays in the past two days and managed some revision in the last week so I guess it hasn't been that bad, I just thought I'd do better. And I can't escape the fact that all the constructive work I said I'd do in Easter just didn't happen through no reason apart from my own laziness. Waah :cry:
Reply 8
School puts me in a work mood, so I'm hoping I'll be more productive.

Yeah I'm totally going to. In a minute.

:hmmm: Please join me :puppyeyes:
Original post by dirtyoldriver

Original post by dirtyoldriver
Yes. I feel like the worst person in the world sometimes. However I have written two essays in the past two days and managed some revision in the last week so I guess it hasn't been that bad, I just thought I'd do better. And I can't escape the fact that all the constructive work I said I'd do in Easter just didn't happen through no reason apart from my own laziness. Waah :cry:

You sound just like me! Except you did more work :sigh:
Reply 11
yes :frown:
Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. I do the same thing every year for every single exam. I just feel even more disgusted at myself now as these are the last exams ever, yet it feels like I've fallen at the final hurdle. I will never understand my incredible laziness and amazing ability to procrastinate for hours on end, even though I know there is work to be done.

My first exam is in 10 days, and I have not revised for it at all. I have not looked through my notes once. I have mocks this week (which I have not revised for, and which I probably wont revise for). I'm hoping that from tomorrow I will kick into revision mode. I suppose I'm not worried as I should be as I do this every year but still get good results. Lets just hope this isn't the year my luck runs out.
Original post by Lewroll

Original post by Lewroll
Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. I do the same thing every year for every single exam. I just feel even more disgusted at myself now as these are the last exams ever, yet it feels like I've fallen at the final hurdle. I will never understand my incredible laziness and amazing ability to procrastinate for hours on end, even though I know there is work to be done.

My first exam is in 10 days, and I have not revised for it at all. I have not looked through my notes once. I have mocks this week (which I have not revised for, and which I probably wont revise for). I'm hoping that from tomorrow I will kick into revision mode. I suppose I'm not worried as I should be as I do this every year but still get good results. Lets just hope this isn't the year my luck runs out.

Again, you sound like me. Every year I get worse!

Right, come on everyone - get your arses into gear and let's all get some work done for once!
Reply 14
I've got my proper exams in less than a month and I just can't do the work. I honestly hate myself right now :frown:

Is it too late to get good grades? Is it too late to get B+ in exams? :frown:
Reply 15
Yes. But it's the same thing every exam/coursework season.
I think I'm more disappointed at the fact that I never learn to revise earlier!
Yes :frown:
I have a list of six things I was meant to do over the holidays, and none of them were particularly difficult. I was hoping to do more than that. I have done none of them. After Christmas I had done no revision and I told myself I would go back to uni early because the library is the only place I can work. And here I am, the day before my lectures start again, sat on my bed at home...
Original post by qwerty7
I've got my proper exams in less than a month and I just can't do the work. I honestly hate myself right now :frown:

Is it too late to get good grades? Is it too late to get B+ in exams? :frown:

I always work from the idea that it is not the quantity of revision you do, but the quality of the revision. Some people revise months in advance and still fail, yet others can revise a couple of weeks before and ace the exam. You can still get a B or even an A, as long as you spend the next month revising well. My first exam is in 10 days and I haven't started revising yet, but I am determined to get an A. I havent given up hope yet :u:
Reply 19
i gave my friend my facebook password, and now i find my self procrastinating on here.. :/

Revising is over rated..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending