The Student Room Group

@Girls: When you like a guy...

Scroll to see replies

Go out and meet the person...don't rely on texts :facepalm:
Original post by Anonymous
NEVER say that! if someone said that to me it just gives me the impression they've been waiting about for me to reply.
it doesnt necessarily put me off, it just makes me realise they like me more than i like them, and gives me a certauin control over the situation.

What is everyone problem with telling the truth nowadays?
This is why I have no faith in people :\
If you like someone why you gotta beat around the bush, it's worth it in the long run, you waste less time.
I mean I get easily attached to people, so I end up gettin' a crush/fondness of someone really fast. So it's just like "hey I got a bit of a crush on you, reckon this could go anywhere?" that way I know whether I'm wasting my time or not, and I've found people usually, at least initially, respect your openness
Reply 22
it sounds really stupid but i kind of base it on how they react to me, if they take hours to reply then i don't want to seem overeager by replying in ten minutes, and having them stop liking me because i seem so clingy. but i wouldn't intentionally play all 'hard to get' and take a ridiculous amount of hours/days to reply, because otherwise there wouldn't really be any kind of conversation going on.

to be honest people play all kinds of games when they text aaaand in real life and it would save everybody a hell of a lot of time (and a lot of overanalysing) if you just made it obvious if you liked someone, so if not they could move on!
Reply 23
Original post by blueray
Go out and meet the person...don't rely on texts :facepalm:

I'd love to, but she won't reply to my "What you up to tonight" text. :angry:
Reply 24
Original post by Sabriella
Well first of all, not all girls are the same.

Secondly, some people, me, for example, truly hate texting. It's boring and tedious and gets on my nerves. Sometimes I just don't reply.

Try ringing her. Seriously, dude, what's wrong with just ringing her?

Urgh, I hate it when people call me. I hate talking on the phone, so I'd much rather text. I guess this just proves your point that not all girls are the same.
Original post by d123
Urgh, I hate it when people call me. I hate talking on the phone, so I'd much rather text. I guess this just proves your point that not all girls are the same.

Fair point, haha. In that case, a romantic letter? A surprise visit?
Reply 26
Can't say i do that tbh
Reply 27
Original post by teenageclay
What is everyone problem with telling the truth nowadays?
This is why I have no faith in people :\
If you like someone why you gotta beat around the bush, it's worth it in the long run, you waste less time.
I mean I get easily attached to people, so I end up gettin' a crush/fondness of someone really fast. So it's just like "hey I got a bit of a crush on you, reckon this could go anywhere?" that way I know whether I'm wasting my time or not, and I've found people usually, at least initially, respect your openness

+ rep!

If you respect yourself enough, you won't make sure you don't reply too "early" or too "late", you'll just reply if you're free! (Depends on how mature this girl is, and whether she'll *wait* to reply to "keep you hanging" :curious:

Why don't you tell her straight up that you like her?
Reply 28
When you girls like a guy, do you purposely delay your messages at the start to try and keep him "on the lead"?

Or does it simply mean that the girl is not interested in the guy if the time in which she replies to texts can vary between 10 min-30 hours?

I, for one, happen to keep my phone on silent mode extremely often (for a number of reasons) and not always remember to look. I'm just like that. There's been a history of me replying on the next day, EVEN to a guy I like:colondollar:
Pretty much the same if we're actually not talking about phone messaging. There could be many reasons that would prevent me from sending a reply right away.

Point is you can't really base anything on texts.
But of course this only applies if I'm the girl in question AND I like you. By the looks of it, I'm definitely not. So it's a pretty useless post I've written here:biggrin:

PS Come to think of it, sometimes I do purposefully delay replies, but that's if I really want them to be witty/special/insert-witness-of-vanity-here. And I don't delay them for the sake of it, but to give myself time to think them through.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Girls are strange creatures, seriously. A girl I like and I know she likes me plays games with me all the time..but if you like a guy why would you play game with him, if you know you can loose him...

but seriously dude...i decided im going to play games with her too..maybe thats what you should do too..
Reply 30
Original post by o Rebecca o
No because I'm not sad enough to base relationships on texting, like some people do here.

That's so refreshing to hear!
I don't really play the texting game, but if I ever delay it is mainly because I don't have that much credit, and by waiting a bit longer and texting more infrequently I get the credit to last longer ^^'
Original post by malaikah
+ rep!

If you respect yourself enough, you won't make sure you don't reply too "early" or too "late", you'll just reply if you're free! (Depends on how mature this girl is, and whether she'll *wait* to reply to "keep you hanging" :curious:

Why don't you tell her straight up that you like her?

Meh it's true, do unto others right?

That'd make the whole convo really weird and just makes me seem desperate.

I asked her how her trip was this morning (she came back from Spain) and she replied 10 min after and said she was bored at school etc. I reply like "what you up to today?" and she hasn't replied in over 9 hours ... :frown:

Could that be because she was at school, then you ask what she's up to? SHE'S AT SCHOOL FOR GODSAKE...

She obviously thought it was a waste of time replying to it
Why don't you try more seeing and less texting? If you're texting a girl and can't work out whether she's interested, ask her out. I hate the texting game, as it can often feel like a competition to see who can leave it longest to reply and often you don't come across the way you want to.
@girls?

It's not twitter...
Original post by TheOverlyCockyOne
Could that be because she was at school, then you ask what she's up to? SHE'S AT SCHOOL FOR GODSAKE...

She obviously thought it was a waste of time replying to it

This is true. Whenever I get 'what's up' / 'what you up to' texts, I ignore them. They annoy the living sh*t out of me, seriously.
This bish i was talking to always took ages to text back, unsuprisingly I did the same to her and we ended up having the most boring conversations ever.
Reply 38
I do but thats because im crap with my phone generally and take ages to reply to everyone, I prefer face to face interaction :smile:
Reply 39
i must admit that i do actually take a long time to reply, but thats usually because i see the text, decide to text later, forget and then remember agesss later :colondollar: tbh it really depends on the girl, but if you want to avoid having to analyse the timing of texts etc, just call her (i personally like it more when guys call). its much easier and usually ends up with a better conversation :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending