The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rant
If you're revelling in the death of another human being - no matter what that human being has done - then you're as evil and cruel as the worst of their actions.

When I see the baying crowds of patriotic, flag-waving cretins I'm filled with as much, if not more digust as I was on "9/11". These people claim to be civilised, and yet they're nothing more than a mob at a public execution.

The murder of Osama (if, indeed, he was killed) is nothing to be celebrated. Murder should never be celebrated, and it should not be legal for any country to kill anyone, ever.

In Utopia, maybe. :rolleyes:

Sorry, however ideal you want the world to be, it never will be. Osama Bin Laden killed many innocent people in the 9/11 attacks and whilst we shouldn't necessarily be "celebrating" his death, I see no wrong in people - especially victims' families - to be glad that his threat to the world is now over, whether that be true or not.

I can hardly see that someone rejoicing another's death is as bad as someone who has killed hundreds - if not thousands - though.
Reply 1501
Original post by viksta1000
I would have sliced in him and fed him to the rest of the Taliban!

Don't be silly son. You would have postively **** your pants if you ever saw him. :biggrin:
Reply 1502
No, it really isn't. Now if you want to be a masochist and relativise an evil ideology (evil is a serious word and I am using it in a serious way), the indiscriminate slaughter of civilians, the attempted creation of an Islamic state (anti-gay, anti-women, anti-science, anti-culture), and the peverted desire to literally destroy civilisation then thats entirely up to you, but you can leave me out of it and you can leave everybody else out of it when you say that my happiness that a man who exhorted such beliefs has been killed is comparable with the beliefs and the attempted realisation of said beliefs.
Original post by Beamuse

Original post by Beamuse
And allow his grave to become a shrine? Pretty stupid move?
Have to agree... it's a bit wierd there's not actually been 'proof.' Still, it'd also be a pretty stupid move for the US to lie about it all.

But then, they did invade Iraq in the first place...

hardly! if he was buried in an isolated ground there will be no reason for it to be used as a shrine! well the u.s have been doing a lot of stupid moves really eg invasion of iraq and afghanistan and with the riots in libiya. so this is just another lie to add to the list for them
Original post by Rational Paradox
It wasn't murder, he actively engaged in a firefight with the American troops - what the hell were they supposed to do?

Think "WOAH, hold on a minute, guys. This is morally wrong. DO NOT SHO-"

"Oh wait, we died."

Naturally. :wink:

Original post by Orwell
No, it really isn't. Now if you want to be a masochist and relativise an evil ideology (evil is a serious word and I am using it in a serious way), the indiscriminate slaughter of civilians, the attempted creation of an Islamic state (anti-gay, anti-women, anti-science, anti-culture), and the peverted desire to literally destroy civilisation then thats entirely up to you, but you can leave me out of it and you can leave everybody else out of it when you say that my happiness that a man who exhorted such beliefs has been killed is comparable with the beliefs and the attempted realisation of said beliefs.

I am totally in agreement with you, but that line just made me crack up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1505
Original post by Rant
If you're revelling in the death of another human being - no matter what that human being has done - then you're as evil and cruel as the worst of their actions.

When I see the baying crowds of patriotic, flag-waving cretins I'm filled with as much, if not more digust as I was on "9/11". These people claim to be civilised, and yet they're nothing more than a mob at a public execution.

The murder of Osama (if, indeed, he was killed) is nothing to be celebrated. Murder should never be celebrated, and it should not be legal for any country to kill anyone, ever.

The Americans saw it as a personal attack on every one of them. 9/11 became a national wound.
Reply 1506
Original post by hamijack
I don't think there would have been much point in taking photos for ID purposes if he was shot in the head with two 7.62mm rounds, which is what happened as far as I know. There would not be much head left to identify. The pentagon has a vid of the funeral which they will release apparently.

If they conduct DNA tests they would invariably take photos. Not necessarily for the purposes of showing everyone for proof. But come on man, you dont kill the most wanted man and not have anything to show for it! Even if it is to adorn George W Bush's bedroom wall.
Reply 1507
Original post by Beamuse
And allow his grave to become a shrine? Pretty stupid move?
Have to agree... it's a bit wierd there's not actually been 'proof.' Still, it'd also be a pretty stupid move for the US to lie about it all.

But then, they did invade Iraq in the first place...

Highly unlikely his grave would ever be marked, let alone be turned into a shrine. His ilk see shrine-worshipping as a big no no.
Original post by nosaer
LOL but you didnt celebrate. Not like the Americans did anyway.

Besides, I can see why the Americans are celebrating like its a national day of joy...they're a bit crass like that. However I dont see why any Brits have any real reason to celebrate tbh. He wasn't really our boogieman.

Yeah, not like he considered the UK an enemy of Islam and condoned hatred of many aspects of Western secular culture or anything.
Original post by nosaer
If they conduct DNA tests they would invariably take photos. Not necessarily for the purposes of showing everyone for proof. But come on man, you dont kill the most wanted man and not have anything to show for it! Even if it is to adorn George W Bush's bedroom wall.

Fair point, but I was only saying that taking ID photos after being shot in the head twice would be kinda pointless....
Is this real life????? :lolwut:

Summersofas is making a relevant/interesting thread. :teeth:
Original post by nosaer

Original post by nosaer
This is where you are wrong?

Where on Gods green earth would they bury him?

America? LOL fat chance.

Saudi? Over his dead body...

I mean who the hell would want to take him?

And I dont get your photoshop argument. Yes they could easily photoshop pictures, but they dont need to because they have real pictures. You're not seriously denying his death are you? Even his fanboys are confirming his death by vowing revenge attacks.

yeh there are a million places to bury him on Gods earth, they coulda of buried him in my back yard as long as i saw he was dead it would all be hunky dory.

yeh well where are these pictures then? why is it they havent been leaked yet? and also have you heard of a thing called LYING maybe the us have just made up a bunch of lies and fed it to you using the media. think out the box at least.. dont believe what you see on the news.
Reply 1512
Original post by The Cornerstone
But the thing is there is evidence and more coming in, there were eyewitness and more info will be coming in about DNA and face recognition. I understand that people are still on the fence but to make ridiculous claims that he's still alive without any evidence is just as wrong.

Agreed.
We'll have to wait & see what unfolds.
Original post by Addzter

Original post by Addzter
No, no, I'd like you guys to tell me. :smile:

long story short this osama bin laden is actually called tim osman he worked for the american cia.. and this 9/11 is all an act conducted by the american government to kill there own people and blame a muslim which would lead to a mad hate crime against muslims and terrorism because the americans are afraid they are going to dominate the world. oh yeh the american government conisists of zionist who hate muslims and islam..
Reply 1514
Original post by LostRiots
Yeah, not like he considered the UK an enemy of Islam and condoned hatred of many aspects of Western secular culture or anything.

Yeah, a lot of people around the world probably hate us. Doesnt mean we celebrate their death or wish for it.:rolleyes:
Lol at those idiots who think the terrorist threat has disappeared now because of the death of Bin Laden, when it really has increased.
Original post by nosaer
Don't be silly son. You would have postively **** your pants if you ever saw him. :biggrin:

True...I met his step-dad in Dubai, crapped myself then too :biggrin:

P.S (his step dad is a property developer who disowned his bitch of a son!)
Original post by nosaer
Yeah, a lot of people around the world probably hate us. Doesnt mean we celebrate their death or wish for it.:rolleyes:

Wasn't suggesting we wish death on everyone who hates us, merely pointing out I thought your comment about him not being our bogeyman was somewhat inaccurate as he was a threat to Britain.
Reply 1518
Original post by greengrapes
yeh there are a million places to bury him on Gods earth, they coulda of buried him in my back yard as long as i saw he was dead it would all be hunky dory.

yeh well where are these pictures then? why is it they havent been leaked yet? and also have you heard of a thing called LYING maybe the us have just made up a bunch of lies and fed it to you using the media. think out the box at least.. dont believe what you see on the news.

Dont be silly. There really is nowhere the Americans could have handed him over to for burial. Anyone that did accept him would also have to accept some sort of association with him - highly unlikely seeing as everyone wants to disown him.

Im not being gulliable about everything. Normally I dont believe many of their 'confirmed kill' stories because they mostly occur from bombs or drones and then the guy pops up again a few weeks later. But this is different, because they undertook the operation themselves and wouldnt cock up like this.

If its lies, we'll see a video of OBL soon enough. Somehow, I'll be willing to bet that doesn't happen. :wink:
I always imagined the day Yahoo.com showing big headlines talking about Osama. But I imagined the headlines to be:OSAMA IS CAPTURED. Last night's news came in as a surprise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending