The Student Room Group

Is it possible to postpone reply date in any way?

As the title says, is it possible to postpone the date by which I need to reply to offers?
Original post by *nightfall*
As the title says, is it possible to postpone the date by which I need to reply to offers?

No.
Reply 2
Original post by *nightfall*

Original post by Good bloke
No.

Yes. If you get a course which you don't plan on using as firm or insurance. Contact admissions asking to change it to a major/minor that you could get into (e.g. English would change to English with Creative Writing

That way, when it updates your new deadline should be 7th June. But with 2days after two day to reply to the 1st, I'd get on it know. Also, check the deadline at the side in the choices page to make sure its changed.
Original post by bestofyou
Yes. If you get a course which you don't plan on using as firm or insurance. Contact admissions asking to change it to a major/minor that you could get into (e.g. English would change to English with Creative Writing

I'd be very surprised if that worked; course changes are purely between the candidate and the university. Nobody should put any reliance on the method unless it is backed up with supporting evidence.
Reply 4
I'd be very surprised if that worked; course changes are purely between the candidate and the university. Nobody should put any reliance on the method unless it is backed up with supporting evidence.

I had all my offers in before the 31st of March. I changed a History and German course to straight History. And then my deadline becamce the 7th June. It has to update in UCAS for it to work of course, if its just an agreement between the uni and student, then no it won't work.
I had all my offers in before the 31st of March. I changed a History and German course to straight History. And then my deadline becamce the 7th June. It has to update in UCAS for it to work of course, if its just an agreement between the uni and student, then no it won't work.

Assuming the OP doesn't want to change course, the answer is still no.
Reply 6

did the deadline for the other courses you chose change as well?
Original post by curtis871

The deadline applies to the candidate's whole application. You don't have a separate one for each choice, and you reply to all offers at the same time.
Reply 8
The deadline applies to the candidate's whole application. You don't have a separate one for each choice, and you reply to all offers at the same time.

Thanks. So if that did really work then you could change one you planned on rejecting to get longer to decide between the other 2-4 choices. I've already decided just thought it was interesting that you could do that.
Reply 9
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Assuming the OP doesn't want to change course, the answer is still no.

Thata why I said pick a course you didn't plan on using as a choice. Also, it's not exactly changing course, its adding a minor subject to your course. And if you can change it some easily via admissions, it usually wouldn't be much problem to change it back between now and the 7th June anyway...
Original post by curtis871

yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending