The Student Room Group

Banning Gay Kissing on TV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kerily
If they manage this, I'm going to get a t-shirt with some lesbians kissing on it, and wear it in public before the watershed.

I doubt highly, however, that this will actually happen.

I just took a 180-degree turn from my indignation upon reading the article to hoping that this ban comes to fruition. :awesome: (and no TSR, I'm not actually serious)

But this is probably complete bull****. I do detect homophobia in Conservative party's ideology, but not quite as thinly-veiled and shameless as this, and the comments there would agree.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by S_123
How come no one is disputing the source? The Sun reports?!

I've searched, and I can't find any actual quote from him saying this, and only news sources seeming to report this are the Sun and a load of blogs quoting the Sun.
I call lies/poor reporting (then again, it is the Sun).
Reply 22
Original post by Tesphena
Source.

Part of the Conservative manifesto was a claim to be tackling homophobia, so I'm wondering why they are supporting descrimination such as this? If gay kissing is too indecent for pre-watershed hours then why is straight kissing fine? Has our Prime Minister been haunted by the ghost of Mary Whitehouse? What's going on here? :confused:

The daily mail reported on this, using the lesbian kjiss off corrie as an example of a variety of sexually suggestive things that could be banned pre watershed in response from a report by a mothering charity:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382376/Indecent-lesbian-kiss-scenes-face-watershed-crackdown.html

http://www.themothersunion.org/documents/2011byebuypetitionbranded%20(2).pdf

Thanks to the daily mail headline and the way the public react they don't bother to read the full story and have a nice little old knee jerk at the headline.
:rofl:
Reply 24
Original post by God_X
There's nothing ignorant in following the teachings of Christ. Atheists, on the other hand, take every opportunity they can to attack Christians whilst they have no evidence to prove their claims. It's silly, arrogant people like you who are ignorant.

I don't take every opportunity I can get to attack Christians; just fools that think people that don't conform to your 'God' and are attracted to the same sex are going to hell :hand:
Reply 25
I hope no one is that ignorant to ban the viewing of it. I have no problem with it, although it may not be normal of nature, every one should be accepted for who they are so long as their differences harm no one, and "mental scarring" does not count. I'm talking about physical harm. This goes for everything.
Reply 26
Original post by Mally-xo

I don't take every opportunity I can get to attack Christians; just fools that think people that don't conform to your 'God' and are attracted to the same sex are going to hell :hand:

You're doing it again, just like any other atheist. You can't be bothered to explain why I'm a fool, so you just blindly assert it and think that everything you say must be true.
Reply 27
Original post by God_X
You're doing it again, just like any other atheist. You can't be bothered to explain why I'm a fool, so you just blindly assert it and think that everything you say must be true.

you can't prove it either way. but anyway we're digressing from the topic which is about issues regarding homosexuality, not religion :h:
Reply 28

you can't prove it either way. but anyway we're digressing from the topic which is about issues regarding homosexuality, not religion :h:

Christianity (and also Islam and Judaism) forbids homosexuality. The majority of the world population adheres to either Christianity of Islam, so I think it's very relevant to this discussion.
Original post by Norfolkadam
Something about this is fishy, when exactly did David Cameron say he was going to do this? I can't find any direct quote from him.

It's an article based on an article from the Sun, based on a tweet from someone in Coronation Street, based on a Daily Mail article, based on a report backed by the PM to keep sexually suggestive material off-screen before the watershed.

It's pretty much like a game of Chinese whispers, but on the internet.
Reply 30
I'm can already imagine homosexuals kissing in front of downing street and the parliament.
Reply 31
Original post by God_X

Possibly because you blindly assert that everything the bible says must be true?
This is just going to cause trouble, I don't see the massive issue with gay scenes on the television. I wish he would sort the economy out instead of wasting his time with his...
Original post by TheCrackInTime
It's an article based on an article from the Sun, based on a tweet from someone in Coronation Street, based on a Daily Mail article, based on a report backed by the PM to keep sexually suggestive material off-screen before the watershed.

It's pretty much like a game of Chinese whispers, but on the internet.

When David Cameron submits some draft legislation or any kind of concrete view on this issue then I'll start getting angry.
Reply 34
Original post by God_X
Christianity (and also Islam and Judaism) forbids homosexuality. The majority of the world population adheres to either Christianity of Islam, so I think it's very relevant to this discussion.

It's irrelevant in a secular society. Religion should play no part in politics. If religious groups want to forbid certain activities, they're welcome to, but don't **** it up for the rest of us.
Reply 35

Go to the religion forum if you want a debate.

No it shouldn't be banned. Everyone is equal and i see no difference in exposing children to people of the same sex sex kissing rather then people of the opposite sex doing the deed.
(edited 12 years ago)
I really doubt that he would be this stupid.
First time i've ever agrred with a tory.
David Cameron and the conservative party are a bunch of bigoted, homophobic faggots. They can get lost. I want my children to grow up not having to ask why same-sex kisses are only on after 9pm, I then having to explain that our government is closed-minded, prejudiced and doesn't know the 1st century from the 21st. Total BS.
Original post by kerily
If they manage this, I'm going to get a t-shirt with some lesbians kissing on it, and wear it in public before the watershed.

I doubt highly, however, that this will actually happen.

Discriminating against homosexual males makes you as bad as him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending