The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SummerSofas
your telling me the US special forces couldn't capture him?! if they sent enough men in, they'd have him eventually, like the resident evil films

I really dont know how you can comment on such operations when you have never been in a firefight in your life. You are taking such an unrealistic, naive view. These guys have been shot at for 40mins. Osama wasnt going to give up.

Also resident evil films? you must be trolling us because i cant believe you could be serious for one second
Reply 1561
Original post by DH-Biker
I'll take any insult to me, Rant, but please don't insult two people who've fought for this country for seven years. Far be it from me to not allow you your view, so I wont, but in their defense, they've done more then should be asked for one for his or her own country.

If you feel justified to claim them murderers, then that's within your prerogative within the boundaries of free-speech. I shall defend every action the pair of them and every single member of the military over there, however.

People who fight for this country are either very stupid, very evil or both.

We're not talking WW2 and conscription, here. We're talking soldiers today - bloodthirsty little murderers, as bad as Huntley, Shipman, Bin Laden. Except - and this is the worst part - they get paid for it.
Original post by NGC773
I really dont know how you can comment on such operations when you have never been in a firefight in your life. You are taking such an unrealistic, naive view. These guys have been shot at for 40mins. Osama wasnt going to give up.

Also resident evil films? you must be trolling us because i cant believe you could be serious for one second

and you've been in several special forces firefights i take it? on your laptop from your army base in iraq no?

my point was that sending enough men in (like the zombie films) would take the target down
On the one hand im glad hes no longer around to even have the chance of killing anyone else, but at the same time, there are things much worse than death!
Original post by Jellybean91

On the one hand im glad hes no longer around to even have the chance of killing anyone else, but at the same time, there are things much worse than death!

whats worse than death in this life?

hey again!

whats worse than death?
Original post by Rant

We're not talking WW2 and conscription, here. We're talking soldiers today - bloodthirsty little murderers, as bad as Huntley, Shipman, Bin Laden. Except - and this is the worst part - they get paid for it.

Meh, you are boring. Looking forward to you getting banned.
and you've been in several special forces firefights i take it? on your laptop from your army base in iraq no?

my point was that sending enough men in (like the zombie films) would take the target down

No i havent been in a firefight but ive learnt that in life its easy to say "Why didnt they do this" after it all happened

Also no president or head of state would give the order to rush man after man untill hes captured. Its a stupid tactic to consider and you would never be a strategic commander in the military with ideas like that
Reply 1568
Original post by Tommyjw
Meh, you are boring. Looking forward to you getting banned.

Banned? For what? For not being an idiotic little right wing **** like yourself?
Original post by Rant

I have no idea what I've done to offend you, but its hardly necessary to bring my Brother and Step-Brother into it, is it?

I hope they are OK every second of every day, and now that Bin Laden is dead, and the enemy have lost a significant figurehead, I hope that the chances of that increase dramatically.

There's two things I want in life, Rant; my ultimate goal achieved and my Brother and Step-Brother to come back, permanently and preferably in one piece. I've taken **** every day of anti-war people like you, and I actively support your right to free-speech to say such things.

But please, any beef you've got with me should stay with me. Bringing those two into it does nothing but offend me, but hey-ho, you wont listen to such reasoning, I don't think.

Finally; they are over there preventing further terrorist incursions. I hope every day every single one of the brave men and women of the Coalition comes back safe and sound; and every day that hope fails a little bit more because more die.

Whatever your views on the war are, at least have a shred of decency and respect what they are doing. And please attempt to retain some hope they come back alive. If it makes you feel better, Rant, you only get to say all this because we live in Democracy.

They are over there fighting so a nation has a chance at Democracy and by default free-speech. Say what you will, but retain the knowledge they fight for your right to say that.

Seen as you have it out to offend me, my Brother and Step-Brother and every man and woman out there fighting, however, I doubt you'll listen to reason. I am offended that you would like to see my Brother and Step-Brother die, but hell, hopefully you'll retain what shred of decency you have left.
Original post by NGC773
No i havent been in a firefight but ive learnt that in life its easy to say "Why didnt they do this" after it all happened

Also no president or head of state would give the order to rush man after man untill hes captured. Its a stupid tactic to consider and you would never be a strategic commander in the military with ideas like that

its more important to capture a leader (who could impart valuable information about the rest of alQaeda potentially saving lives), than it is too have a few dozen troops wounded by gunfire
your telling me the US special forces couldn't capture him?! if they sent enough men in, they'd have him eventually, like the resident evil films

They are not going to capture him unless he gives up.

If he is firing off his weapon and there is the chance of one of them being killed, they are not going to take a chance.

Think of it this way...if a criminal was holding a weapon that could potentially kill even one police office, the police would have no hesitation in shooting him dead on the spot.
its more important to capture a leader (who could impart valuable information about the rest of alQaeda potentially saving lives), than it is too have a few dozen troops wounded by gunfire

Id hate to have you as my commander then, what a great way to inspire your men. They wont do anything for you if they know your going to rush them all in untill he runs out of bullets
Reply 1573
Original post by Rant
Banned? For what? For not being an idiotic little right wing **** like yourself?

No.. for being an ass :rolleyes:
Original post by greengrapes
whats worse than death in this life?

hey again!

whats worse than death?

Torture? Putting someone so close to the edge that they're begging to be killed? Soo many things, death seems a little like the easy way out sometimes. And while i'm glad he's gone, is that a suitable punishment for all the pain and suffering he's caused?
Original post by NGC773
Id hate to have you as my commander then, what a great way to inspire your men. They wont do anything for you if they know your going to rush them all in untill he runs out of bullets

any man that goes to war is risking his life anyway, and not even american soliders are stupid enough not to know that, so moot point
Torture? Putting someone so close to the edge that they're begging to be killed? Soo many things, death seems a little like the easy way out sometimes. And while i'm glad he's gone, is that a suitable punishment for all the pain and suffering he's caused?

we should have totally tortured bin laden, we could have got a fat chick to sit on his face
He should've been capture so we actually have evidence that they 'killed' him.
By the sounds of things the American soldiers went in and shot the man up, in my book he should have been taken back and made to answer in court, like a civillised nation would.

but no, heavyhanded american troops shoot now and ask questions never... if it were me, i would have taken him alive and put him behind bars

If he was captured alive, It would have made Al-Qaeda looked like a joke, We'd have beheadings left right and centre demanding for his release?

I struggle to see the harm with 2 bullets in the head.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending