The Student Room Group

Was this a good comeback when she was fishing for a compliment from me?

Basically, I was talking to this girl at this club and I said to her "I like your dress, Red is my favourite colour" and then she said "Oh is it? I look good though don't I?"
I knew she was fishing for a compliment and waiting for me to say she looks good etc. Instead I said "You look okay, could've dolled yourself up a little more though. I mean you knew I was going to be here, so why didn't you make more of an effort"

What do you think about my comeback? By the way, I'm not telling you what happened for the rest of the evening, I'd be sharing my secrets if I did lol.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdamR89
Basically, I was talking to this girl at this club and I said to her "I like your dress, Red is my favourite colour" and then she said "Oh is it? I look good though don't I?"
I knew she was fishing for a compliment and waiting for me to say she looks good etc. Instead I said "You look okay, could've dolled yourself up a little more though. I mean you knew I was going to be here, so why didn't you make more of an effort"

What do you think about my comeback? By the way, I'm not telling you what happened for the rest of the evening, I'd be sharing my secrets if I did lol.

:facepalm2:
Yes, it was hilarious. Someone get me some sellotape for my split sides.
win
usually if a girls fishing for a compliment and i want to BANG HER i'll play along
someone i friend-zoned just take the piss
" HOW CAN SHE SLAPPP x 100 " Thumbs up if you know what I'm talking about :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Certainly know how to charm a girl.
Original post by AdamR89

By the way, I'm not telling you what happened for the rest of the evening

Well I assume it didn't go so great, seeing as you're back home, posting on TSR by midnight.
Reply 7
Original post by JCC-MGS

Original post by JCC-MGS
Yes, it was hilarious. Someone get me some sellotape for my split sides.

It wasn't trying to be funny, just put her in her place.

Note to all girls: Don't try fishing with me, it won't work!
It was a bit mean actually.
I would've walked away.
Original post by AdamR89

Dude if you were truly enough of a hit with the ladies to justify this kind of pomposity you wouldn't be looking for our validation. It wouldn't be like 'was this a good comeback', it would be like 'LISTEN TO MY STORY. NOW SUCK ME OFF.'
Original post by AdamR89
I mean you knew I was going to be here, so why didn't you make more of an effort

Clearly she doesn't consider you worth the effort.

In your attempt to belittle her, you made yourself look bad. Gotta love it when that happens, teehee.
(edited 12 years ago)
You f***** up your chance to get with her, basically.
Reply 12
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
" HOW CAN SHE SLAPPP MEEE x 100 " Thumbs up if you know what I'm talking about :P

actually i think its HOW CAN SHE SLAP, but lol nonetheless, lol.

OP: terrible come back, very lame.. if i said it, i would be like oh lawding the next day, not just sayn this because its TSR and i'm being a dick, but truthfully... terrible.

you opened well, like so many, but you couldn't finish. what do you think the girl could have possible thought? wow that guy is so smooth, he made a remark insinuating he is so hot that despite my best efforts, he doesn't think i've dolled up enough for him.. wow i want him now.

Original post by AdamR89

sounds to me like this was the first girl to ever talk to you, your reply was as smooth as my mums legs. you came across as a dick, she was opening the door to potential fun and because your penis is small you avoided it with an insult.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Pink Bullets

Original post by Pink Bullets
Clearly she doesn't consider you worth the effort.

In your attempt to belittle her, you made yourself look bad. Gotta love it when that happens, teehee.

People, I didn't know the girl. I was kidding with her, I just didn't say I was kidding. She obviously knew I was kidding, that's why she was making me breakfast in bed the next day :wink:
Reply 14
Well it's one of those "game" techniques isn't it? Criticise them so they subconsciously want your approval. Unfortunately she probably consciously thought you were a dick. :mmm:
Reply 15
Original post by AdamR89

... Seems like you're fishing for compliments, just as she was...!
Reply 16
Original post by JohnnytheFox
Well I assume it didn't go so great, seeing as you're back home, posting on TSR by midnight.

Well deserved rep for this! My thoughts exactly!
Reply 17
Original post by Cicerao

Original post by Cicerao
Well it's one of those "game" techniques isn't it? Criticise them so they subconsciously want your approval. Unfortunately she probably consciously thought you were a dick. :mmm:

It's nothing to do with any "game techniques" she was simply looking for me to suck up and say she looked good, so I didn't suck up and instead joked around with her. She knew it was a joke! JEEZ PEOPLE!!
Hmmm.. 'twas too long tbh. Comebacks are usually just a few words. If you make it many words it seems like your saying as much as possible in the hope that something you say is pretty clever. Something I am doing now..
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
" HOW CAN SHE SLAPPP x 100 " Thumbs up if you know what I'm talking about :P

Fishing for a thumbs up with a meme so old you needed to blow dust off of it to post it on a student forum...

yeah...its worse than fishing for compliments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending