The Student Room Group

Banning Gay Kissing on TV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
If this were true I'd think a lot less of him, however I don't think it is. There's nobody's word but the Sun's, you'd think that a serious policy suggestion would have more behind it than that.
Reply 81
So we've established that there is no actual basis for the claims made here.

Carry on as normal, people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by God_X
But you have absolutely nothing to base your beliefs upon, whereas the Bible is the greatest source of good that the world has ever seen. Atheists can't use that argument, and I have not personally attacked anyone; I'm trying to help people by spreading the teachings of Christ.

The Harry Potter books are decent works of fiction. I might start worshipping the teachings of Dumbledore.

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!
Reply 83
Original post by Mad Vlad
Possibly because you blindly assert that everything the bible says must be true?

Better than the people on here who seem to believe that everything the internet says must be true...
Reply 84
Original post by God_X
The majority of Brits are Christian. That's a fact. You're lying through gritted teeth just like any other atheist, because you know you don't have the answers.

Thank you God_X for your sheer amazing generalization.
First of all, you fail to be a good Christian.
1. "...You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above," Did God allow you to use his name in your username?

2. You acted like you are superior than all the non-believers but bible told us we are all equal in God's eyes (God created man in his own image). Your way of preaching is not helpful at all and made everyone thinks all Christians are jerks. You didn't live with the spirit of Christianity.

Romans 11:20 True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don't be conceited, but fear

3. You're homophobic. You should love your neighbour whoever they are. Telling them they're going to hell doesn't help.

4. you are not God. you are not the one who judge others on judgement day.
Matthew 7:1 New American Standard Bible
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.

Next, even all the British people believe in God doesn't make God real. For instance Sam is the smartest guy in human's history, he points to the question "1+1" and says the answer is "3". Everyone believes him. But it doesn't make what he said right.

Saying because bible is a holy book filled with words from God. God is real. Is fundamentally flawed. It is also flawed the other way round.

If you assert both statement at the same time, it would be an invalid circular argument.
Hope this flippin happens, dont wanna see that type of affection on my screen thanks. media is trying to corrupt our minds into accepting this disgusting foul behaviour. L O L
Reply 86
why?:confused:

how to define 'trolling'?
Original post by Eljamaispa
David Cameron and the conservative party are a bunch of bigoted, homophobic faggots. They can get lost. I want my children to grow up not having to ask why same-sex kisses are only on after 9pm, I then having to explain that our government is closed-minded, prejudiced and doesn't know the 1st century from the 21st. Total BS.

:rofl:

And you're a bigoted, classist poor-o.
Reply 88
More a symphony than a note.

Original post by Elwyn
To all the religous people spreading their usual rubbish. If you want to live your lives according to those teachings then fine, but why should we athiests live our lives according to rules set by some being who we don't beleive in?

Do you actually want to know, or is that question just rhetorical? Because to me, the answer seems fairly obvious, despite how unpalatable it may be to you.

Most religions attempt to establish a moral code, not just some rules for followers. When it becomes a moral issue, then naturally it is a person's inclinations to enforce others to live by his morals to one degree or another.
Reply 89
Original post by God_X
But you have absolutely nothing to base your beliefs upon, whereas the Bible is the greatest source of good that the world has ever seen. Atheists can't use that argument, and I have not personally attacked anyone; I'm trying to help people by spreading the teachings of Christ.

Wow. I actually started laughing.
The bible is a fiction novel, and not a very helpful one at that, having caused various wars and delayed the progress of humanity.
The sooner it's gone the better.

As for the topic, Dave is much too clever to say/propose something as stupid as this. It's just tabloid trash for the sun readers and/or labour voters.
Reply 90
Think the eu would put him in his place.

quote from a mep sarah ludford on a similar issue

"A law which bans 'promotion' of homosexuality could collide head-on with EU law on equal employment rights. On the wider human rights front, it would inhibit proper sex and citizenship education, have a chilling effect on free speech in the media, arts, and political activity and be a pretext to ban gay pride marches."

i know the thatcher camp were able to get around this for the infamous Section 28 but hopefully that wont happen again
Reply 91
No straight male wants to see two guys kissing.
Reply 92
Original post by Craig_D
There's nobody's word but the Sun's, you'd think that a serious policy suggestion would have more behind it than that.

The gay kiss business was in a dm headline of various things that a report by concerned mothers who would like certain things banning pre watershed, seductive behaviour and all that. Corrie actress reads the headline and not the story, has twitter rant. Sun write story on twitter rant.

original report: http://www.themothersunion.org/documents/2011byebuypetitionbranded%20(2).pdf

daily mail story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382376/Indecent-lesbian-kiss-scenes-face-watershed-crackdown.html

So basically someone didnt read the whole story and kicked off over the headline without thinking.
Reply 93
Original post by L i b
Do you actually want to know, or is that question just rhetorical? Because to me, the answer seems fairly obvious, despite how unpalatable it may be to you.

Most religions attempt to establish a moral code, not just some rules for followers. When it becomes a moral issue, then naturally it is a person's inclinations to enforce others to live by his morals to one degree or another.

Ofcourse it was rhetorical, maybe it wasn't clear enough for you, don't worry, I'll put the word rhetorical in brackets the next time I do it. It is not that it is unpalatable, it is that in all fairness, religion is a joke. I'm all for respecting views, but I do not just sit there doing nothing when religous people try and poison peoples minds with this nonsense that ultimatley achieves nothing and just leads to conflict.
Original post by Mad Vlad
It's irrelevant in a secular society. Religion should play no part in politics. If religious groups want to forbid certain activities, they're welcome to, but don't **** it up for the rest of us.

We're not a secular society though, therefore that's irrelevant.
Reply 95
Original post by Elwyn
religion is a joke. I'm all for respecting views, but I do not just sit there doing nothing when religous people try and poison peoples minds with this nonsense that ultimatley achieves nothing and just leads to conflict.

Yet oddly enough, it's you that is putting your views across rather aggressively. Could it be that you're the one causing conflict here?

When it comes to religion, I have few answers, but ultimately I find it baffling and quite depressing to watch teenagers on here dismiss possibly the most notable endeavour in human history as 'a joke' or 'rubbish' or whatever else. It's pretty silly.
Reply 96
Original post by moonkatt
The gay kiss business was in a dm headline of various things that a report by concerned mothers who would like certain things banning pre watershed, seductive behaviour and all that. Corrie actress reads the headline and not the story, has twitter rant. Sun write story on twitter rant.

original report: http://www.themothersunion.org/documents/2011byebuypetitionbranded%20(2).pdf

daily mail story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382376/Indecent-lesbian-kiss-scenes-face-watershed-crackdown.html

So basically someone didnt read the whole story and kicked off over the headline without thinking.

Thought it would be something like that! Pity how prudish people can be sometimes.
Reply 97
Original post by NaturalDisaster
What an idiot. I bet he'll succeed as well. You'd think we'd be getting more liberal as time goes on but no, apparently not.

On a side note, is it sad to say that your sig totally made my day? My Doctor Who obsession is getting out of hand I think. :lol:

Aha! not sad, when I first saw the picture it made my day too :P
:O A Doctor Who obsession can never get out of hand, it can only grow bigger and more amazing
Reply 98
Is there a better source?
Reply 99
Original post by God_X
You're atheist, therefore you can neg rep me for no reason other than stating the truth. That's about as convincing as other atheist arguments. :rolleyes: You lot are too arrogant to see the error in your ways, and I can only hope that you will repent before judgement.

Ha, the truth, the truth, I know what the truth is and the truth tells me that your wrong and how am I arrogant, what for... how is it a error of my way, your the only who gets all his/her view points from a book which was written near to 2000 years ago (if your a christian) so really arrogant I think not. I am merely saying what I think is very correct, that is not being arrogant oh and don't start quoting from your bible as I have hear it all before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending