The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DH-Biker
They dumped his body in the water for two reasons:

1) So that his supporters couldn't use his body as an image to rile support. So they didn't have it to parade around, incur more anger towards the West etc.

2) So his body didn't become a "shrine" towards his supporters. Leaders, even dead, still provide moral and sometimes religious backing.

In reply to your point No.1 : That's a very risky miscalculation on the behalf of Obama and his general advisors.Do they expect no retaliation by Al-qaeda over the execution of OBL ?
In my opinion it has given them another incentive to leech over. Check out zawahiris latest statement and the crisis heating up in Pakistan.By having OBL in custody they would have gained an upper hand on this game by spitting out more vital info about this militia network instead he gets two silver kisses.Good way to ruin vital info.

Regards,
ibysaiyan

P.S:
ibysaiyan for presidential race...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by catsss
If he had stood trial it would have been a huge media fiasco and everyone would have criticized the US for it not being fair or something, I feeeeeel.

Well that was a run-on sentence.

This too.

Even if they had managed to capture him, what would have followed wasn't worth the trouble for someone who both knew they wouldn't torture him, and wouldn't relinquish any information.

He couldn't have survived that raid, and even if he had, he would be worthless to the Coalition and simply a source of hatred and attacks to Al-Qaeda and the splinter factions.
I just read that they are saying the info came from torturing somebody in g'bay.

All
Too
Convenient
Original post by Peachykeen09
Where's the proof? That's all I'm sayin'.
This has been the 9th time Osama has been declared dead. Obama hasn't been the first but of course his is the one that counts. Other heads of states and government officials have said so.

never in those 9 times has the president of the US come out and said we have killed him - the other 9 times have always been rumours and here say which the white house haven't confirmed
Goddamit 76 pages! I have no intention of reading every single post whatsoever, so I'm gonna ask this, and I hope someone can clarify for me; Is a burial at sea Islamic?
Its Osama Bin Laden. He have never ever given the Americans information.
Original post by ibysaiyan
In reply to your point No.1 : That's a very risky miscalculation on the behalf of Obama and his general advisors.Do they expect no retaliation by Al-qaeda over the execution of OBL ?
In my opinion it has given them another incentive to leech over. Check out zawahiris latest statement and the crisis heating up in Pakistan.By having OBL in custody they would have gained an upper hand on this game by spitting out more vital info about this militia network instead he gets two silver kisses.Good way to ruin vital info.

Of course they are expecting violent response. You don't let a figurehead like that die and not attempt to avenge him. **** will follow, of that we can be certain.

However, keeping him in a location; they'd have put all secrecy to boot and assaulted all Coalition bases with mass attacks. They'll attack some, but they know now that they lack the political and religious leadership strength.

With the West's armies amassing to conquer tunnels and areas belonging to the enemy, what are they going to do? Shout and scream? They'll attack civilian targets and pester the Coalition. Suicide bombings, etc.

It'll get nasty, no doubt. But its better to know he's dead and not have to worry about him then have him locked up.

The only downside now is that Al-Qaeda has no reigns. They'll go ape-**** on everything, their leader has no restraints, and it was Osama who use to keep him on line.

Still, its nice to know they are without such backing anymore.

Osama wouldn't have said **** to anyone. He knew they wouldn't torture him and they knew he wouldn't say anything. He was worthless to them as a source of information, but as a method of delivering massive damage to Al-Qaeda's structure, it was vital he be killed or captured. Seen as he couldn't be captured, they did the next best thing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by itsmyname
Goddamit 76 pages! I have no intention of reading every single post whatsoever, so I'm gonna ask this, and I hope someone can clarify for me; Is a burial at sea Islamic?

Not in this case no, his burial at sea was so that a shrine isn't created aswell as no country was willing to take his body. Still, I have my suspicions that his body parts could have been recycled, his brain could have been preserved like Einsteins has been and kept in a science museum for history's sake.
Original post by DH-Biker
Of course they are expecting violent response. You don't let a figurehead like that die and not attempt to avenge him. **** will follow, of that we can be certain.

However, keeping him in a location; they'd have put all secrecy to boot and assaulted all Coalition bases with mass attacks. They'll attack some, but they know now that they lack the political and religious leadership strength.

With the West's armies amassing to conquer tunnels and areas belonging to the enemy, what are they going to do? Shout and scream? They'll attack civilian targets and pester the Coalition. Suicide bombings, etc.

It'll get nasty, no doubt. But its better to know he's dead and not have to worry about him then have him locked up.

The only downside now is that Al-Qaeda has no reigns. They'll go ape-**** on everything, their leader has no restraints, and it was Osama who use to keep him on line.

Still, its nice to know they are without such backing anymore.

:facepalm:
Sorry couldn't resist it...
Makes no difference remember this Al-qaeda isn't just made up of one osama,he had been training his kids.Having married four times with half of the kids in Afghanistan,it wouldn't surprise me if some Junior OBL takes over, either ways zawahiri and much of the Network is at large.The only way to deal with them is by negotiation i.e with out the use of brute force.

You can simply ignore my post for I have made my opinion clear,any further exchanges would make us go in a never ending loop.
Regards,
ibysaiyan
Original post by ibysaiyan

Makes no difference remember this Al-qaeda isn't just made up of one osama,he had been training his kids.Having married four times with half of the kids in Afghanistan,it wouldn't surprise me if some Junior OBL takes over, either ways zawahiri and much of the Network is at large.The only way to deal with them is by negotiation i.e with out the use of brute force.

Osama wasn't even in control of Al-Qaeda, he was merely a figurehead. Its a shame that he had so much influence, though; otherwise this would have been blown away by now.

The new guy in charge is that one who united the Egyptian Jihad with Al-Qaeda and is now Al-Qaeda's leader. He's arrogant, dangerous and far more open to "open warfare" with the West.

Its not looking good.
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
never in those 9 times has the president of the US come out and said we have killed him - the other 9 times have always been rumours and here say which the white house haven't confirmed

who cares about the president of the US? His word means nothing. And no they're not rumours..it;s the truth. If anyone's lying it's the US government.
Did they film his body afterwards I can understand why people might say they got the wrong guy because surely they filmed the burial at sea and his actual corpse. Also do you think America know deep down that Pakistan knew he was there and are just defending them to preserve diplomatic ties? Surely they good have just got Pakistani troops to go on from the military base but didn't trust them to tip him off or cock it up.
who cares about the president of the US? His word means nothing. And no they're not rumours..it;s the truth. If anyone's lying it's the US government.

Rofl. ok.

It's the truth.. i understand.. i believe you.

Now if you could just give me evidence to prove that the previous 'rumours' were true i'd be on my way.

Oh .. wait.. who am i kidding :colondollar:
The problem was Osama didn't have an internet enabled penis.

To be honest, this argument whether he is alive or not will be going round in circles (hence why this thread has reached 77 pages). The more important issue now is the reprisals to come from the middle East as a result of celebrations by the West of the death of their ex-leader.
Reply 1654
Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Original post by Tommyjw
Rofl. ok.

Now if you could just give me evidence to prove that the previous 'rumours' were true i'd be on my way.

We are at war, a big part of war involves manipulating the media image of that war- history has shown us that, you cant believe everything you are told.
Reply 1656
Original post by morecambebay
I just read that they are saying the info came from torturing somebody in g'bay.

All
Too
Convenient

Yes, one of the guamo boys spoke about the where abouts of one of osamas mail couriers. That was the beginning of the end for osamas. Whether you believe this story or not is a moot point because when it comes to military, and politics: anything can be plausible, but only few make logscal sense, and only one is totally consistent with the truth.
Original post by morecambebay
We are at war, a big part of war involves manipulating the media image of that war- history has shown us that, you cant believe everything you are told.

And you can't NOT believe everything you are told.

This is where all these conspiracy loving retards go wrong. They simply think everything told to them is a lie, proof or not.
Reply 1658
Better be good as the CIA has faked videos before and have admitted it

Yeah the videos that plenty of people worked out were fake.
Original post by Tommyjw
Rofl. ok.

There's proof. Do some research for yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending