The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Friday Classes (Postgrad)

I will be enrolling in the MSc Accounting, Organisations & Institutions program in September 2011. Can anybody tell me the likelihood of getting Friday classes? Does anybody know the typical breakdown of accounting courses in terms of when they are held during the week? Does this change semester to semester? Any guidance would be great! Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by soxrok3
I will be enrolling in the MSc Accounting, Organisations & Institutions program in September 2011. Can anybody tell me the likelihood of getting Friday classes? Does anybody know the typical breakdown of accounting courses in terms of when they are held during the week? Does this change semester to semester? Any guidance would be great! Thank you!

http://www.lse.ac.uk/admin/timetables/confirmed/module_sessional.htm
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2

This link requires a password. Any other help?
Reply 3
Reply 4
Original post by soxrok3
This link requires a password. Any other help?

I assume they will be spread evenly throughout the week. If you have a good enough reason you can request to move to another class. That won't help for lectures, though.
Reply 5
Original post by RamlakU
I assume they will be spread evenly throughout the week. If you have a good enough reason you can request to move to another class. That won't help for lectures, though.

Any way I could get access to the Accounting class timetable for this year? Do the class timetables change much from term to term?
Reply 6
Original post by soxrok3
Any way I could get access to the Accounting class timetable for this year? Do the class timetables change much from term to term?

Dude, just email the university.
Reply 7
They may not have written the timetables for next year's classes yet.
Reply 8
Original post by RamlakU
Dude, just email the university.

Dude....I did.

I realize they haven't been released, but, if they don't change from one term to another, I figured it could be useful to see last year's timetable.
Reply 9
Original post by soxrok3
Dude....I did.

I realize they haven't been released, but, if they don't change from one term to another, I figured it could be useful to see last year's timetable.

Can you give your module codes (e.g. AC430)? Then I'll send you a screenshot.
Reply 10
AC424, AC464, AC410, AC411, AC444, AC470

Thanks!!
Reply 11
Original post by soxrok3
AC424, AC464, AC410, AC411, AC444, AC470

Thanks!!

3/7 of the AC444 class groups are on Fridays (all before 1pm) as well as the lecture (2-4pm). I.e. you'll have between 2 and 3 hours of teaching on Fridays, depending on which class you're put in (but you can be moved with any decent reason e.g. work). And as far as I can see, AC444 is only taught in Lent Term, i.e. we're talking 10 weeks of the whole year.

All the other modules' classes and lectures are Mon-Thurs with the vast majority being on Tuesdays.

(sorry for not providing screenshots but I'm in a hurry!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Okay, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending