The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peachykeen09
There's proof. Do some research for yourself.

Oh right.. ok .. whatever you say :teehee:
Original post by Tommyjw
And you can't NOT believe everything you are told.

This is where all these conspiracy loving retards go wrong. They simply think everything told to them is a lie, proof or not.

**** off. I havent said it is wrong, I have just pointed out how ****ing convenient it all is.

Just because somebody isnt believing something, it doesnt mean that they are denying it. There is a middle ground where people ask questions...that is where you go wrong.

In 100 years time, when kids are in schools learning about this from an objective point of view, do you think they are going to be told how true all the media was? Is it going to be known as the war in which no lies were told?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1662
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh right.. ok .. whatever you say :teehee:

Fool.

On topic:

Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1663
Original post by DH-Biker
Meh, they have killed people. They weren't nice people, they shot back and tried to kill them, so it was them or him. One in the pilot seat of an Apache Helicopter and the other the Commander's seat of a Challenger II Tank. They weren't in particular danger, but being shot is being shot. They've both been wounded, both received medals and both have been written about in articles. So I'm proud of them, as I know many others are. :smile: Regardless of what you say, I'll always be proud of them.

They are protecting people, Rant. They are. And they are definitely fighting Terror. Sorry, but men planning to bomb us is inciting terror; they fight that "Terror".

No they aren't stupid. If you knew them, you'd know they are anything but stupid. :smile: They signed up because they felt that we shouldn't be terrorized by men who seek only to destroy our way of life. They wanted us to live within a Democracy; and not under the umbrella of fear, repression and dictatorial states.
I don't see that as stupidity, but if you do, you surely have your reasons.

Meh, my family have done many great things. Perhaps we aren't as great and fantastic as you and yours, Rant, but I'm still happy to be a part of this family, I'm proud to call those two my Brothers and I feel as if my Family has contributed a great deal towards this country, which isn't even ours by nationality, (well, my Great Grandfather was Polish, and I'm Dutch along my Father's side, everyone else on my Mother's side after my Great Grandfather was Scottish), so I'm proud of them all.

Once again, Rant, you've achieved nothing but insulting me, insulting my Brother and Step Brother, and insulting those who fight for us.
We aren't perfect, and nor shall I say we're better then you, but we've contributed a great deal in many different aspects.

You're like a poster boy for ignorance.

Do you know why wars exist? Do you know why terrorists exist? Do these soldiers even know why they're committing murder? Why they're killing innocent civilians?
Reply 1664
Original post by morecambebay
**** off. I havent said it is wrong, I have just pointed out how ****ing convenient it all is.

Just because somebody isnt believing something, it doesnt mean that they are denying it. There is a middle ground where people ask questions...that is where you go wrong.

In 100 years time, when kids are in schools learning about this from an objective point of view, do you think they are going to be told how true all the media was? Is it going to be known as the war in which no lies were told?

What is this(,) propaganda.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gradjobplease
Say that again when it's someone you love/care about being killed by terrorists.

I didn't mean I thought they shouldn't have killed him, he got what he deserved but you shouldn't rejoice in someones death.
Reply 1666
Original post by Peachykeen09
who cares about the president of the US? His word means nothing. And no they're not rumours..it;s the truth. If anyone's lying it's the US government.

If it came out he lied it would cost him the election.
Original post by channy
What is this(,) propaganda.

You mean in the media?

Timing is amazing, last week obamas birth certificate was being questioned and now he's top dog. The royal wedding put britain all over the news for a few days and now its gonna be america.

The biggest criticism of america was g'bay and its torture, and now we are being told that torture was the key...it justifies their behaviour. If anybody attempts to criticise torture in the future they will be reminded that it caught osama.

Everybody and their dog is being put in the papers talking about what great news it is, nobody is being heard talking against it. There is no eye for an eye stuff, nobody pointing out that this makes america hypocrites. If its ok for them to kill without trial, why cant extremists?

The burial at sea thing is being reported as islamic, yet nobody outside of the media seems to be aware of that.

It is being reported that he hid behind his wife, maybe he did maybe he didnt, we sure are going to hear about it another million or so times though.
(edited 12 years ago)

Timing is amazing, last week obamas birth certificate was being questioned and now he's top dog. The royal wedding put britain all over the news for a few days and now its gonna be america.

It wasn't his choice to be questioned about his birth certificate, it was 'random' by someone else.. this operation has been proven to have been in discussion for months thus any 'timing' is a mere obvious coincedence given this attack was planned way before. It is simple logic . Any idiot can see this.

Everybody and their dog is being put in the papers talking about what great news it is, nobody is being heard talking against it. There is no eye for an eye stuff, nobody pointing out that this makes america hypocrites. If its ok for them to kill without trial, why cant extremists?

Yep, comparing the worlds most wanted man with whoever extremists kill, people of very little or no importance. Well done.

The burial at sea thing is being reported as islamic, yet nobody outside of the media seems to be aware of that.

I guess you are ignoring the various officials and leaders of varying countries, ye? Good job

Anything else?
Reply 1669
You mean in the media?

The biggest criticism of america was g'bay and its torture, and now we are being told that torture was the key...it justifies their behaviour. If anybody attempts to criticise torture in the future they will be reminded that it caught osama.

It is being reported that he hid behind his wife, maybe he did maybe he didnt, we sure are going to hear about it another million or so times though.

Oh, I agree with you. It was just a failed view on how a comma would alter my comment;

what is this, propaganda

what is this propaganda

question mark missing, too. Oh well. Don't have the time to follow it as much as I'd like, exam in two weeks and a few days.

I'll quote Gandalf again:

"It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance."

"Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many."
Original post by Tommyjw
Anything else?

Yeah actually, you didnt answer my other comment.

In 100 years time when children are learning about this in school, do you think that they are going to be taught how true all the media was?

Is this war going to be known as the war in which no lies were told?
Yeah actually, you didnt answer my other comment.

In 100 years time when children are learning about this in school, do you think that they are going to be taught how true all the media was?

Is this war going to be known as the war in which no lies were told?

Considering your question makes no logical sense, i don't need to answer it.

You are just trying to spark a discussion about there being 'no lies' by putting forward a completely ridiculous statement hidden in the form of a question.
Original post by Tommyjw
Considering your question makes no logical sense, i don't need to answer it.

You are just trying to spark a discussion about there being 'no lies' by putting forward a completely ridiculous statement hidden in the form of a question.

It makes perfect sense. Their viewpoint will be objective.

So you do think the media have told lies about this war?
(edited 12 years ago)
So you do think the media have told lies about this war?

Firslty, it is not the 'media' . The media tells us what officials tell them.

But yes, i do think they have told lies. Well.. not so much lies.. i believe they do not tell us things. Do we NEED to know these things? Who knows.

We can speculate and such as much as we want. Think they lie as much as we want.. but at the end of the day.. we really have no clue. They could be telling us everything, we'd never know.
Reply 1674
Original post by Tommyjw
Firslty, it is not the 'media' . The media tells us what officials tell them.

But yes, i do think they have told lies. Well.. not so much lies.. i believe they do not tell us things. Do we NEED to know these things? Who knows.

We can speculate and such as much as we want. Think they lie as much as we want.. but at the end of the day.. we really have no clue. They could be telling us everything, we'd never know.

OMG. are you STILL posting in here?
I posted in this forum what, six hours ago to you...are you're still sitting in front of your computer having fights with people????

Jeez!
About the burial at sea...
Given the fact that a short while back some war criminals who were unfortunately wearing the US uniform in Afghanistan took "trophies" from the bodies of Taliban soldiers killed, Obama and the administration wanted to get rid of the body asap so Muslims don't accuse America of desecrating Muslim dead. And now people are saying "they got rid of body OMG that's proof of a conspiracy!" Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Laughable though, to think Wahhabis might build a shrine to bin Laden, considering Abdul Wahhab sanctioned mass murder in the Arabian peninsula in the 18th century on the basis that local Muslims visiting graves were actually mushrikeen and kuffar and thus, as with all things Islamic, permissible to slaughter.
Original post by *Hakz*
Even though I totally despise terrorism, I think Bin Laden was a legend.

May Allah grant him a place in Junnah.

I really don't know why people are doubting the reliability of what's happened. It is safe to say that the man is dead. Some people probably don't realise that he worked for the CIA before in his lifetime.

**** YOU:angry::mad::mad::mad::angry:
Original post by s_libra
I don't believe it! It seems weird I mean think about it when they found saddam did they kill him on the spot? No they executed him for the whole world to see there power! ?

No, Saddam was executed by the people of Iraq because he was a former head of state. We just captured him and transferred him to their custody after interrogation, none of which involved "enhanced" techniques. Osama bin Laden was a , terrorist non-state combatant, so there was no one really to hand him over to, and any trial would have led to a lot of sensitive information being revealed that is still relevant.
Original post by Rant
You're like a poster boy for ignorance.

Do you know why wars exist? Do you know why terrorists exist? Do these soldiers even know why they're committing murder? Why they're killing innocent civilians?

Ignorance is defined as "lack of knowledge"; I'm not ignorant. In fact, if anything, I would say I'm more knowledgeable then you.
If you meant ignorant as my persistence in supporting my own point which you deem to be wrong, then yes I am that too.

What you define as wrong, doesn't necessarily make the other person wrong to support it. If I believed in burning black people, that's an example. If I believed every Muslim was a Terrorist who should be shot out of this country and out of existence, that would be wrong.
Me wanting my Brother and Step-Brother to come home alive isn't wrong. Regardless of your views on the War, my hope that I get to see either of them again doesn't equate to my ignorance.

War is the openly declared state of organized combat.

There is no "term" for Terrorism, but the generally accepted definition; Someone who performs acts to inspire fear or terror with backing of a religious, political or ideological goal. Of course following the famous phrase, "One man's Terrorist is another man's Freedom-Fighter".

They aren't committing murder. Charging for murder does happen in War, but when an enemy is firing at you, you killing that enemy doesn't equate to murder. People do die in War, Rant, (shock horror!) and claiming it all "murder" is like standing at a Formula One race handing out speeding tickets because everyone there goes fast.

Innocent civilians have died, yes. Then again, so have 4,000 of ours and America's innocent civilians. We haven't had friendly-fire accidents near that scale. So yes, whilst there have been a few friendly fire incidents on civilians, they were accidental, and down to a lack of certainty on a target; that certainty can fail to be achieved given a number of factors.

Innocent civilians die in warfare too, Rant, (again, shock horror! Dangerous this war business, init? :rolleyes:) unanticipatedly and unfortunately. It isn't nice, and it isn't good, but then again we haven't killed 4,000 in attacks on London and New York and the countless other Terrorist Attacks carried out by that group and its splinter factions.

That doesn't make it right, but the Coalition alone can't bear the responsibility for killing civilians solely in this war. In fact, it was the enemy's killing of civilians which started it.
Reply 1679
Original post by DH-Biker
I'm proud of them all.

You sir are completely and utterly right :smile: Please say thank you to your brothers and family, even though that ignorant Rant moron is so far up his own ass he cannot understand, don't let his stupidity get to you :smile: What your brothers have done is remarkable and they definitely have helped :smile: Thank you :smile:

As for this Rant guy, you're disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending