The Student Room Group

obsessed with a guy I've never even met - how do I 'get better'? :(

that pretty much sums it up. met a guy on here; what started as pity chatting eventually turned into me liking him. now I don't know how to stop. pretty convinced he definitely hates me because I got a bit too intense so I'm blocked now, but I still like him as there's nothing he did to warrant me disliking him. what's messed up is that the last few times (6 weeks ago) we did speak, I probably felt the same amount of indifference towards him as he did for me, and I was just genuinely annoyed by the thought of him. weeks have passed that I didn't even think about him, I swear. in the meanwhile, I also met somebody irl who I like and who likes me too. but now this obsession has come back all of the sudden and it's just messed me up even more. I'd just really like to meet/see him in person for some sort of 'closure', but he's unwilling to meet anybody from the internet. I don't even know why I keep entertaining this fantasy of meeting him as I know it's pointless and very obvious he doesn't feel the same, but I think that's the only way I can move on and never look back. I never liked anybody before, and this 'experience' has left me feeling I need a therapist. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Meet people in real life and you will hopefully forget about online friends.
Reply 2
online frends are better den real life, i have real life frends but they are all idiot, you should talk to him more and c if he want to meet up?
Original post by efn
online frends are better den real life, i have real life frends but they are all idiot, you should talk to him more and c if he want to meet up?

They're the idiots? Perhaps if you made friends in real life then you'd stop grinding away on whatever futile game you're probably on.

Regardless, online friends are there to fill a void, OP. Stop filling the glass in front of the dying man with air when you obviously need water.
Reply 4

obsession obviously makes people emotionally unstable. To solve a prob you have to eliminate d cause and d effect wud quickly or slowly cease.
Reply 5
Original post by efn
i have real life frends but they are all idiot,

:rolleyes:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
that pretty much sums it up. met a guy on here; what started as pity chatting eventually turned into me liking him. now I don't know how to stop. pretty convinced he definitely hates me because I got a bit too intense so I'm blocked now, but I still like him as there's nothing he did to warrant me disliking him. what's messed up is that the last few times (6 weeks ago) we did speak, I probably felt the same amount of indifference towards him as he did for me, and I was just genuinely annoyed by the thought of him. weeks have passed that I didn't even think about him, I swear. in the meanwhile, I also met somebody irl who I like and who likes me too. but now this obsession has come back all of the sudden and it's just messed me up even more. I'd just really like to meet/see him in person for some sort of 'closure', but he's unwilling to meet anybody from the internet. I don't even know why I keep entertaining this fantasy of meeting him as I know it's pointless and very obvious he doesn't feel the same, but I think that's the only way I can move on and never look back. I never liked anybody before, and this 'experience' has left me feeling I need a therapist. :frown:

sorry ive been busy ill call you soon just PM YOUR NUMBER
Oh my god leave me alone, i DON'T LIKE YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.

sERIOUSLY THIS IS GETTING CREEPY.
Reply 8
Original post by bob-the-acman
Oh my god leave me alone, i DON'T LIKE YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.

:rofl:
I kind of wonder if this could be me... :rolleyes:
Reply 10
hey have you watched Catfish-if not you definately should!
Original post by bob-the-acman

Someone left the caps-lock on :biggrin:

Seriously OP, get some mates in real life first before trying to pally up with people on here.
Why dont you get with the guy you met in real life..especially since he likes you back.

I dont think you can block people on here :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Is his name 'Darcy'?

Does this person's name begin with R?
Reply 16
Original post by hatemylife
I kind of wonder if this could be me... :rolleyes:

would you like it to be you?
would you like it to be you?

I suppose :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by Shoorooz
hey have you watched Catfish-if not you definately should!

I watched the movie... but now it's only giving me the ideas that I should go around his house, 'surprise' him and finally meet him in person. is that what you're suggesting? :P

also, the new guy is starting to get on my nerves...we have nothing in common, really dull personality and I don't even really like him physically much. :/
Reply 19
im suggesting that you consider going for a guy that you know...I mean atleast that way it'll be a nice distraction and you'll stop worrying about the new guy. I mean he doesn't even sound particularly great anyway..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending