The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

What is a CAS number?

I applied through agent and i didn't had any number. Last 2 weeks i email their enquiry email thing. According to their website confirmation is through email.

I'm stress out by this. I email northumbria and they said they did not receive my application. And because Hertfordshire send my application number with their holiday email so i assume it was my only hope. :'(
Reply 2441
Original post by boucy

Original post by boucy
Agreeded and mails from uk to sg is notoriously slow! Anyway have u received your enrolment package? If you haven't most likely cas would be sometime after that

the definition of "notoriously slow" may as well mean "never gonna reply". True story
Reply 2442
CAS - Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies

well, better clarify with your agent too. but according to my friends who are over in UK, they received their CAS no. around end May-June. so don't worry :biggrin:
Okay.. i'm still worried.. gahh..

are you studying in uk ?
Reply 2444
Original post by itomit
the definition of "notoriously slow" may as well mean "never gonna reply". True story

Well it seems that way then! Poof the letter arrived
My ucas confirmation letter took a month and half
And now I'm waitin for enrolment package that the university "sent"
Reply 2445
hey, you have an agent to settle the documents for you. they are for a reason you know.

i'm a 2011 applicant just like you. heading to university of sheffield. what about you?
Reply 2446
Original post by bellameow
Okay.. i'm still worried.. gahh..

are you studying in uk ?

Agent or no agent check ucas if your application is received , help the uni by identifying your ucas id

Anyway don't mind me askin , why apply for these uni when they course are offered dl in sg
Reply 2447
UOS K100 anyone?
(edited 12 years ago)
Agent is my mum's friend and she didn't reply my emails. The last one is was when she told me application to hertfordshire sent.

I call but no one answer, i make my mum call and she said she will check on it. And then that's it. It's hard for me to call cause i'm working and this company don't allow phones in this room.

I applied to Hertfordshire and Northumbria only. Sometime i feel i should have applied through my college instead of agent. Have you completed all the procedures?
Original post by boucy
Agent or no agent check ucas if your application is received , help the uni by identifying your ucas id

Anyway don't mind me askin , why apply for these uni when they course are offered dl in sg

okay I will try that. Register and check right?

Different environment. I think it will be very inspiring. The only way to breakthrough is getting out there. Is like how this guy from my college got into hollywood. First reason is because he had the opportunity to study in USA and of course a uni that offers good internship.
Reply 2450
Nice to see fellow Singaporeans on this forum. I'm still waiting for my CAS number too, has anyone recieved theirs yet?

Original post by bellameow

Different environment. I think it will be very inspiring. The only way to breakthrough is getting out there. Is like how this guy from my college got into hollywood. First reason is because he had the opportunity to study in USA and of course a uni that offers good internship.

What are you planning to study in the UK?
(edited 12 years ago)
Interactive design BA

btw, my friend study digital animation and went to Savanah, which is a really good uni. I can't afford to go there.

Will do my ucas after lunch.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2452
Hi guys,

If I'm only entering uni in 2012, must I still apply for uni accomm this coming June?

Thanks.
I have yet to receive ANY letter from my school -_- All I have are letters from UCAS and email from my school stating that my offer is unconditional and to apply for accommodation etc etc

I hope the process of applying for visa won't be a stressful one this year :s-smilie:

Original post by volante
Hi guys,

If I'm only entering uni in 2012, must I still apply for uni accomm this coming June?

Thanks.

Nope. You apply next year before you enrol.
Reply 2454
Original post by monchouchou
I have yet to receive ANY letter from my school -_- All I have are letters from UCAS and email from my school stating that my offer is unconditional and to apply for accommodation etc etc

I hope the process of applying for visa won't be a stressful one this year :s-smilie:

If I remember right you still need to get cas number for visa
at least you have something.. i have nothing at all T_T
Original post by nat898
Nope, waiting for some friends before finalising it. i've already decided on ashburne hall and richmond park but cant think of a 3rd. you?

Haha I've applied for Dalton Ellis and two other places in Victoria park! Haha fallowfield is so far from campus! And a fren of mine there told me the bus routes can sometimes get crowded in the morning!
Reply 2457
Original post by monchouchou

May I know when can I expect my CAS number?
Thanks!
Original post by volante
May I know when can I expect my CAS number?
Thanks!

You are deferring your studies to 2012, right? If so I am not sure if you will receive CAS this year...
Hi guys,

Oxford just told me to complete the following to get my visa letter:
That you I have met the minimum UKBA language requirement at B2 on the CEFR by showing us evidence of a language test approved for university admission requirements. That I have met the University of Oxford’s own English language requirement, which are set at the equivalent of C1 of the CEFR.

Any ideas how can I take these CEFR test? :s-smilie:

Thx in advance :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending