The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ar5enal Fan
I think Clichy is quite underrated

I think he is overrated.
Original post by T.Adams VI
I think he is overrated.

Me too.

He's been living off his potential from a few years back. Last 2 seasons he's been a liability. When you look at Sagna who is as solid as a rock, Clichy is just non-comparable. Plus he can't put in a half-decent cross for the life of him.
Do you think we should sell Arshavin ? There are rumours we may buy Willan and Bojan.
Reply 9683
Arshavin probably should get one more season, and one of Willian or Bojan should be signed although I would prefer Hazard or Menez. Willian is a very skillful player who can beat a man on the wing I would compare him to a less effective version of Nani but he is only 22 and can improve. Bojan has undoubted potential but I'm not too sure if he can adapt in the Premier League.
Original post by G550NDH
Do you think we should sell Arshavin ? There are rumours we may buy Willan and Bojan.

We should not be selling a player scoring 10 goals with 17 assists, on poor form,

He has the most assists in the squad for crying out loud. He's disgustingly underrated. It's scary.
We should not be selling a player scoring 10 goals with 17 assists, on poor form,

He has the most assists in the squad for crying out loud. He's disgustingly underrated. It's scary.

Again, I agree.

I don't think there'll be much of an overhaul in attacking midfield options this summer. Maybe Hazard or Willian.

Definitely agree. If he gets back to top form next season... :drool:
Reply 9687
Wenger needs to stop playing Nasri on the left.
Ramsey is quality, need more evidence he should be played more Wenger?

and like srsly, where IS Denilson...
Reply 9689
Isn't it a good thing that Denilson is nowhere to be seen? He is a horrible player and should be nowhere near your first team.
Original post by Deshi
Isn't it a good thing that Denilson is nowhere to be seen? He is a horrible player and should be nowhere near your first team.

Yep. He's bloody useless.
Original post by Nasri08
Wenger needs to stop playing Nasri on the left.

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Ramsey is quality, need more evidence he should be played more Wenger?

and like srsly, where IS Denilson...

So, he should play Nasri through the middle, and play Ramsey more. How?
Reply 9692
Original post by Kevmeister
So, he should play Nasri through the middle, and play Ramsey more. How?

Nope Nasri on the right where he's more effective. Dunno where that leaves Theo though...
Original post by Nasri08
Nope Nasri on the right where he's more effective. Dunno where that leaves Theo though...

I expect Theo to move upfront soon. His finishing is now a lot better, so the timing of his runs.
Reply 9694
I think he is overrated.

Underrated for me. People will only realise just how good he is if we sell him. Yes he's prone to the occasional error, but which full back isn't? Evra and Maicon have had poor seasons by their standard.

Who would we get to replace him? Baines would be such a step down and he's the only name i've heard mentioned. Clichy is very consistent.
Reply 9695
Original post by G550NDH

I would cry if we sold Arshavin. Krkic would be a quality signing, and even though he wouldn't be the best replacement in the world, he'd definitely be good. I think that we should get rid of the real deadweight within the team.
Reply 9696
England have called up Jack Wilshere for a provisional 40-man squad for the European U21 Championships this summer. :angry: Even though it's provisional, :angry:
Reply 9697
ffs What is the point when he's going to be in the squad for Euros next year?

Arsenal announce ticket prices will be going up by 4% :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jit987
England have called up Jack Wilshere for a provisional 40-man squad for the European U21 Championships this summer. :angry: Even though it's provisional, :angry:

Kind of misses the point of the U21s by naming full internationals really. It's just Pearce trying to win it for his own ego really. It's also depriving someone else less experienced than Wilshere of playing in a big competition. I Don't blame Wilshere for wanting to play in it, he wants to play football and his enthusiasm is one of his greatest assets but it's not in his long term interests really.

Still, Gibbs and Lansbury were named in the squad as well so it's not all bad.
Reply 9699
Original post by voodoomagic
Kind of misses the point of the U21s by naming full internationals really. It's just Pearce trying to win it for his own ego really. It's also depriving someone else less experienced than Wilshere of playing in a big competition. I Don't blame Wilshere for wanting to play in it, he wants to play football and his enthusiasm is one of his greatest assets but it's not in his long term interests really.

Still, Gibbs and Lansbury were named in the squad as well so it's not all bad.

I think this is meant to be his reason: "We play Spain in our first game and I have to bear in mind that they have two players, Juan Mata (of Valencia) and Bojan (of Barcelona) who have played 35, 36 games this season," "They have their best team out and I need to have my best team too."

Latest