The Student Room Group

Girls have an unfair advantage

Scroll to see replies

Another pointless thread.
Reply 41
What do you mean "unfair"? Who gave them this advantage? You do realise being a pretty girl is a bigger curse than a blessing?

Despite what Sex and the City and FHM tells you, the majority of women are incapable of regularly taking part in casual sex. Sure some girls can handle it and peg as many shots as a man but they are few and far between. Most women prefer to have sex in a relationship and judging by all the pathetic moaners in H/R, barely any of you are worth knowing let alone shagging. And tell me how the hell is it womens fault that so many men have zero standards? I swear even on this forum theres always one white knight who will compliment anything with a vagina even when sober Its so creepy and pathetic.Which brings me to my next point. You are responsible for your social life. 100%. Nqat. There is no United Nations of Girls who are secretely conspiring against average men though I bet you wish there was one since it would absolve you of your own failures wouldnt you?

The problem isnt that youre facially average and you know it. There are enough romcom obsessed fangirls in this world who are practically dying for a boyfriend. Nope! Its that youre subpar as a package/personality wise and dont even BOTHER denying it. You wouldnt be here as anon complaining if you were even half as dazzling as you think you are.

Its actually making me giggle that youre sat here blaming 3billion chicks for your lack of a sex/love life

Sort it out tbh. The guys who are getting 'it' are laughing at you and most of the girls who have read this thread are rolling their eyes. Just imagine in your head the sort of demographic that will actually agree with you and theres your answer!
To be honest in my experience it has been the opposite. Therefore I am not going to make a conclusion and would just say to keep trying, you will find someone.

In the celebrity world however, women who are not considered conventionally attractive are slaughtered by the media (see Sarah Jessica Parker) whereas average looking men are adored (Charlie Sheen). This isn't a great message to send out to young people.
Reply 43
Boys like girls more than girls like boys. Fact of life, suck it up. Also, that "average girl" you're talking about, she probably spends hours shaving and plucking her eyebrows and putting on makeup and spending lots getting a nice haircut and making an effort not to eat too much. Women care a LOT more about their appearance than boys and put a lot more work into it. So no, women don't get attention "without even trying" as many people think, women work hard on their appearance, even the everyday average women.

You also have to remember that if a women sleeps with too many men she's a whore, of course she has to limit how many people she sleeps with.
Go away, troll, it's not even midday yet.
Reply 45
This might be true, average looking girl has an advantage because guys give her that advantage, by giving her attention. also because she can make herself look really hot if she wants to. Where as average looking guy don’t get that advantage because guys themselves set high standard. A standard where the guy has to be really good looking or catchy, or in many cases, loaded. So is the men’s fault. Not us girls. :biggrin:
There are plenty of average looking guys who have pretty girlfriends. If an average looking guy treats girls with respect and has a good personality there's no reason why he should have any trouble getting with someone.

The aesthetic shouldn't be the only factor in a relationship anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Blueflare
There are plenty of average looking guys who have pretty girlfriends. If an average looking guy treats girls with respect and has a good personality there's no reason why he should have any trouble getting with someone.

This. If you can't get laid, it's not the woman's fault, it's yours. Stop being so impatient and expecting girls to just flock to you. Nobody cares if you've got it "too hard", boo hoo you have to pay for meals and hold doors open, bawwww you have to start conversation... get over yourself. No girl wants to be with a guy who just thinks it's a chore to be with them. Maybe if you stopped whining about how you hate girls you'd be more popular with them.
Reply 48
Original post by MrsRainey
This. If you can't get laid, it's not the woman's fault, it's yours. Stop being so impatient and expecting girls to just flock to you. Nobody cares if you've got it "too hard", boo hoo you have to pay for meals and hold doors open, bawwww you have to start conversation... get over yourself. No girl wants to be with a guy who just thinks it's a chore to be with them. Maybe if you stopped whining about how you hate girls you'd be more popular with them.

Boo! You whore! How dare you suggest he's personally responsible for his life? :hmmm:
Original post by SunderX
Because evolutionarily, women had to be more selective of their partners, since they're the ones who need to carry a baby for 9 months afterwards. Men... want to spread their genes around as much as they can, so have no such qualms.

Seems fair enough to me :tongue:.

THIS!
Men are programmed to "spread ther seeds" which is why we would pretty much **** anything with a skirt. I just collected a package and the reception lady who gave it to me was a 4/10 and i'd still bend her over anytime. She had a little dress and i could just about make an outline of her hips :drool:
I'm turning myself on just typing this :biggrin:
Original post by CharlieBee_90
To be honest in my experience it has been the opposite. Therefore I am not going to make a conclusion and would just say to keep trying, you will find someone.

In the celebrity world however, women who are not considered conventionally attractive are slaughtered by the media (see Sarah Jessica Parker) whereas average looking men are adored (Charlie Sheen). This isn't a great message to send out to young people.

Hahahah SJP looks like a horse at her best.

Charlie Sheen actually looks ok when he's not on crack.
To this day it is stigmatised for a female to be predatory sexually. In the past a female could be locked away in a mental institution for life if she inititated sex with numerous males. It was felt there must be something wrong with her and her family would have been disgraced by it. This was particularly the case in middle and upper class households. Although it went on to an extent in working class communities.

These days thankfully we don't do that anymore, however people do seem to be overly judgemental on females who are promiscuous, particularly other females. So many girls still feel they should wait to be approached as it shows sheis not a slut or easy. Not only that in my experience girls feel a bit out of sorts if they do all the approaching with a guy,they want to feel desired and all that stuff.
Because men have a higher sex drive so any vaguely attractive women is like ':coma: :coma: :coma:'
ive seen many beautfiul girls with ugly men so its not true
it is impossible to generalise such a thing, a guy i find very attractive is to many of my friends just average.
So is he now an average looking guy getting attention or a very good looking guy getting attention? to me it is the latter but obviously this whole thign is very subjective
Reply 55
Original post by ColdInWinter
Why is that an average looking GIRL never gets any attention when compared to average looking MAN?...
Spot the difference here?

Original post by Silver Arrow
Hahahah SJP looks like a horse at her best.

Charlie Sheen actually looks ok when he's not on crack.

:no:

Also he is not the only average man in show business.
Reply 57
Original post by Ministerdonut
To this day it is stigmatised for a female to be predatory sexually. In the past a female could be locked away in a mental institution for life if she inititated sex with numerous males. It was felt there must be something wrong with her and her family would have been disgraced by it. This was particularly the case in middle and upper class households. Although it went on to an extent in working class communities.

These days thankfully we don't do that anymore, however people do seem to be overly judgemental on females who are promiscuous, particularly other females. So many girls still feel they should wait to be approached as it shows sheis not a slut or easy. Not only that in my experience girls feel a bit out of sorts if they do all the approaching with a guy,they want to feel desired and all that stuff.

This! Guys, it's your own fault women don't want to sleep with you, because if they do they'll be called a whore... yeah nice going, way to make women feel valued. Women are forced to make sure that they're not easy whereas men are allowed to have as many women as they want. Now try telling me that women have the advantage here.
Reply 58
Original post by Golly-Gosh
This might be true, average looking girl has an advantage because guys give her that advantage, by giving her attention. also because she can make herself look really hot if she wants to. Where as average looking guy don’t get that advantage because guys themselves set high standard. A standard where the guy has to be really good looking or catchy, or in many cases, loaded. So is the men’s fault. Not us girls. :biggrin:

:facepalm:

What a fail thread. The number of pathetic females who try to put the blame on men is just amazing :rolleyes:
Original post by Alex-jc123
Another pointless thread.

No, he has a point. Women do have an unfair advantage in dating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending