The Student Room Group

Which face wash do you recommend?

Hey there everyone,
i just wanted to know which face wash product works best and gets rid of, or reduces spots and acne.

ive tried:
Neutrogena - grapefruit with microbeads
Clean and Clear - Daily wash with gentle beads

i'm thinking of buying another face wash, but i dont know which one works.

i am open to any sugguestions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i use the simple one
little green tube
it works for me :smile:
i use soap
true story
I have sensitive skin so I find that Johnson's products work best for me.
Simple products are really good :smile: Also try Lush soaps, I've started using the coal one to see if it works!
Reply 5
It's £4 so is a little dearer than some of the others but I've always found Witch Exfoliating Facewash to be pretty good. It definately helped to make my skin clearer initially though I don't know now as I've been using it so long :P

I tried Simple but had to give it away because it gave me spots :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by kaygee
Hey there everyone,
i just wanted to know which face wash product works best and gets rid of, or reduces spots and acne.

ive tried:
Neutrogena - grapefruit with microbeads
Clean and Clear - Daily wash with gentle beads

i'm thinking of buying another face wash, but i dont know which one works.

i am open to any sugguestions

I use the neutrogena spot stress control face wash and I also use the same moisturiser. I've used it for like 3 years and it works really well at least in my experience. :biggrin:
I've used the Clean and Clear daily wash also with the beads, I used that for a few months and it didn't improve my skin, and now I'm using the Neutrogena 2 in 1 face wash and mask and can't recommend this enough my skin has cleared up and it looks like its improving. But then again it depends on your skin type also.
Reply 8
I hear that Tee tree face wash really works but im not sure, has anyone tried it?
Reply 9
L'Oréal for men. the green and blue bottle. They cost £7!
St Ive's Apricot Scrub OF COURSE!
Reply 11
Tea Tree Oil is apparently good for your skin, and i've heard Savlon! Because its an antiseptic, it kills the germs that cause spots although i havent tries this theory out yet
Original post by kaygee
I hear that Tee tree face wash really works but im not sure, has anyone tried it?

I used that a few years ago, it worked for me straight away and it seemed to be pretty good but after a few weeks it had no affect whatsoever stopped using it. What type of skin do you have?
Reply 13
Neutrogena scrub~~ with the sand scrub in it~~

somebody suggest don't use scrub

but i like it
Reply 14
i have used pretty much all the face washes out there.. but i still you to get spots and you could see blackheads on my nose... St. Ives olive scrub is the BEST i have been using this for 4 months and not a spot in sight also my blackheads have gone
Reply 15
Freederm worked for me back in the day, currently using Simple but looking for something new as Simple is not working for me.
Reply 16
what worked for me was:

clean before washing using Clean & Clear blackhead clearing cleanser on a cotton pad
wash with Oxy face wash
wash with Aqueous Cream
wash with Superdrug tea tree foam face wash (superdrug's is better than body shop's)
drop about 15 drops of pure tea tree oil onto cotton pad and apply to affected areas (again superdrug is cheap and good, better than body shop).

this is what only seems to be working for me right now as they're starting to clear up. not completely gone yet but look good so far.
Reply 17
Atm I use Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Treatment Scrub- it's slogan is "fights 100% of spots", yet I still have spots and are continuing to get them. I use it morning and night as recommended and do everything as it tells you to on the product. Wouldn't recommend it.

I've ordered the Lush coal soap because I've heard alot of good feedback about that; just waiting for it to arrive now.
Reply 18
I wash my face twice a day with this...

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish.

Quick Reply

Latest