The Student Room Group

Film Studies offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys,

I'm currently a student at Leeds uni - and apart from being an great uni the night life is absolutely AMAZING!

If you get an offer from Leeds or are one of the lucky freshers in September add me on facebook: Natalie Franklyn 'Freshers' Voodoo and I will make sure you have the best Freshers week you can imagine!

p.s. the party doesn't stop there - if you're interested in cheap nights out, 241 entry's and guaranteed tickets just add me on facebook and you'll be looked after!

-- i'm not just a standard promoter for clubs & the best nights out in Leeds, if you want help with anything else like accommodation or shopping in Leeds just ask!

Natalie Franklyn x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Hey, guys
What do you think about Film studies in Scotland? I got an offer from University of Glasgow (Films&Television/French) and I'm waiting for response from St. Andrews.
Do you consider studies there of the same quality as in England?
Reply 22
Original post by Vysneta
Hey, guys
What do you think about Film studies in Scotland? I got an offer from University of Glasgow (Films&Television/French) and I'm waiting for response from St. Andrews.
Do you consider studies there of the same quality as in England?

I don't know about the rest of Scotland but St. Andrews is supposed to be good! :smile:

I don't know how the quality would differ nationally but as it is Film Studies I feel the quality depends on the instituion itself.
Reply 23
I've received offers from University of Glasgow, University of Southampton, and University College London at the moment. Waiting on Warwick, KSL, and St. Andrews. How would you rank them. I'm an international student and still not sure what to make of each uni.
Reply 24
Thanks, sjwtwin :smile:

I also find this university great, and I already have an offer from it. However, I was also told that Glasgow is a leading university in films in UK , so now I have a headache when in comes to choosing my firm and insurance choices....
Reply 25
Original post by sherwos
I've received offers from University of Glasgow, University of Southampton, and University College London at the moment. Waiting on Warwick, KSL, and St. Andrews. How would you rank them. I'm an international student and still not sure what to make of each uni.

They're all pretty good; I'm not an expert so there is no point in differentiating. They focus on diffrent aspects to study. For a quite a specific field there is many diffrences in how and what is teached at the institutions.

For me, it would have been Warwick - it;s close to where I live and I've had offers the past couple of years - but as I was one mark off my English garde I have to be practical. I choose UEA instead!

As an ineternational student you should just look at the courses and see which one's you would get the best out of. :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by Vysneta
Thanks, sjwtwin :smile:

I also find this university great, and I already have an offer from it. However, I was also told that Glasgow is a leading university in films in UK , so now I have a headache when in comes to choosing my firm and insurance choices....

Go with the one with which you feel most comfortable with. Oh, and which one you feel you'll be able to meet the conditions of. You don't want to miss out! :smile:
Reply 27
Offer from Warwick today :crazy:
Reply 28
Original post by Monicaca
Offer from Warwick today :crazy:

Congrats! Just got mine too!

Thanks for the suggestion sjwtwin. I'm hoping someone will offer me a little money and then make my decision a lot easier.
Finally got my offer to do film at Oxford Brookes :smile:
Reply 30
I have offers from Warwick, Nottingham and Aberdeen. Sussex rejected me.
Still waiting for an answer from Oxford Brookes.
Original post by Fanfane

Still waiting for an answer from Oxford Brookes.

I finally heard from Brookes yesterday and I've since heard a fair load that they are pretty much only just sifting through the applications for most courses. But give them a ring, I think I've explained why earlier in this thread. Or a different one. Whatever. But yeah. Good luck!
Reply 32
Thanks Quiffmeister. Ironically I got rejected by two lowest unis (Brookes and Sussex) and I have offers from Notts and Warwick unis.
I reckon I only got accepted by Brookes because I was the only person to apply for my course!

Nevermind Fanfane, it happens, but it's all good. I mean get this, I applied to Anglia Ruskin as well thinking if anywhere was going to give me an offer - it'd be them. Because I'd pretty much had everything I needed and I didn't need many points at all! But erm, they said no. They obviously knew I was too good for them! Though that may mean you're too good from Brookes...ah well you get my point haha.

Best of luck, matey.
Got my unconditional for the university of Gloucestershire last week :biggrin:
Reply 35
I got unconditionals from all of my choices: Reading, Kent, UWE, Leicester and Sussex. Took a 'gap yah' after being rejected for Medicine, of all things and, after scoring better grades than expected, they all accepted me! :biggrin: I've since taken the offer from Kent, after some debate between there and Reading. Eventually it all came down to 'that feeling'. :tongue:

Can't wait to start it September; the campus and Canterbury town are beautiful and the course is spot on: a good mix of analytical/contextual content and creative/practical content!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone else; '(Film) Freshers 2011/12'!

Jamie
Reply 36
Original post by jamie511
I got unconditionals from all of my choices: Reading, Kent, UWE, Leicester and Sussex. Took a 'gap yah' after being rejected for Medicine, of all things and, after scoring better grades than expected, they all accepted me! :biggrin: I've since taken the offer from Kent, after some debate between there and Reading. Eventually it all came down to 'that feeling'. :tongue:

Can't wait to start it September; the campus and Canterbury town are beautiful and the course is spot on: a good mix of analytical/contextual content and creative/practical content!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone else; '(Film) Freshers 2011/12'!

Jamie

Wow... congrats!! I guess gap year really helped to figure out what u want to do in your life if u changed your choice so rapidly.. :smile:)
Reply 37
Original post by Vysneta
Wow... congrats!! I guess gap year really helped to figure out what u want to do in your life if u changed your choice so rapidly.. :smile:)

Yeah, I think I've grown quite a lot this year. Plus I've always been torn between Arts and Sciences, so it wasn't such a big leap if you look at it that way. All the same; thank you and good luck on your Scottish venture! :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by jamie511
Yeah, I think I've grown quite a lot this year. Plus I've always been torn between Arts and Sciences, so it wasn't such a big leap if you look at it that way. All the same; thank you and good luck on your Scottish venture! :biggrin:

why you think it's a venture? ;D
But thanks anyway :biggrin:
Reply 39
Haha, I think I meant to put 'adventure', but an "undertaking with an uncertain outcome" could be an apt description of University life. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending