The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
No idea if this was posted when it was release, but;

What can we expect from the new Blade Runner movie? We asked the producers.

Also, which film won the competition?
Original post by Madjackismad
You can already imagine the 20 minute discussion over the purchase of a horse. Or a 15 minute tense poker game. Can't wait. :awesome:

God, Tarantino on poker would be awesome. More would happen in that one scene than does in most films.

Original post by Madjackismad
Read your blog a couple of days ago and noticed the entry about the on demand downloads. Apparently over 20 leading Hollywood directors have protested, with James Cameron, Peter Jackson and Katheryn Bigelow involved. No wonder. If you fancy reading more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/may/01/top-hollywood-directors-protest-downloads

Yeah, I mentioned it in one of the paragraphs. The full letter is here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/23-directors-producers-speak-premium-180584?page=2
Original post by BRG
What do people think of Scre4m?

Thought it was Ok, not been raving about it / going around saying it's the best slasher ever, the self referencing was kinda funny and they showed they wanted to change it up a bit and not have it be simply cliché, it still was - I got annoyed at the pacing of the film, seemed to be really rushed too, overall 7/10

X-men first class is out in May in the UK? cool, thought it was a June release
Reply 1583
Ten thousand 'American hero slays Bin Laden' scripts being written as we speak.
Original post by channy

Worrying. I'm getting the implication that they don't have any idea where to take the film. They seem to be building upon the idea of doing something Blade Runner rather than having an original idea to do something with Blade Runner. If that makes any sense. Rather they leave it alone. We do not need sequels or prequels to every film especially when they jump into a decision to do one with a vague idea (if any) of what it would be. This is just assumptions though. They may well have a great idea for the franchise. But meh.

Why not look at other Philip K. Dick material? There is so much potential for other stories.

Serenity. :colonhash:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30738614

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
If I haven't watched them how will I know they exist? :holmes:

Though here's my IMDb list thing:

From that films you've not watched on that list, I recommend:

I actually started to make a list, but it got so big, I gave up. Watch the films you've not watched. :colonhash: You're missing some brilliant and wonderful films. Seriously. :tongue:

From classics like The Godfather, Raging Bull Goodfellas and Leon to Memento, Der Untergang, Oldboy, Inglourious Basterds and The Prestige.
Reply 1585
Just had another look over the Top 250. Into The Wild? Really? Might give that a watch tonight.

(When/if I ever finish this hellish poetry essay. :colonhash:)
Transformers 3 trailer looks pretty epic, can't wait. The year's just flying by, almost June already

I also had the thought of a documentary style film documenting Osamas' death / the raid on his compound in my mind, I'm sure it will be made. Also probably directed by Michael Bay
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

I used to respect you :hmmm:

:tongue:

You're missing some brilliant and wonderful films.
Inglourious Basterds and The Prestige.

Ok, you have my respect back again.
The Prestige is brilliant, brilliant stuff. I even don't dislike Scarlet Johansson in it.
Worrying. I'm getting the implication that they don't have any idea where to take the film. They seem to be building upon the idea of doing something Blade Runner rather than having an original idea to do something with Blade Runner. If that makes any sense. Rather they leave it alone. We do not need sequels or prequels to every film especially when they jump into a decision to do one with a vague idea (if any) of what it would be. This is just assumptions though. They may well have a great idea for the franchise. But meh.

Why not look at other Philip K. Dick material? There is so much potential for other stories.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30738614

From that films you've not watched on that list, I recommend:

I actually started to make a list, but it got so big, I gave up. Watch the films you've not watched. :colonhash: You're missing some brilliant and wonderful films. Seriously. :tongue:

From classics like The Godfather, Raging Bull Goodfellas and Leon to Memento, Der Untergang, Oldboy, Inglourious Basterds and The Prestige.

:colondollar:

Don't worry, I plan to watch plenty of films over the next few months.. next on the to do list is the Godfather trilogy :colone:
Reply 1589
I wish to see "Bin Laden: The Movie". I imagine it'll be like 127 hours. Well, 127 hours if Ralston left the cave every time the cameras went off and retired to a furnished house.
Reply 1590
:fuhrer: imdb top 250

Where's your list? :holmes:
Reply 1591
Just think I'll link this for those who are interested in Kurosawa:

And a good amateur video:

Ooh, another documentary:

(edited 12 years ago)
seems like everyone's all but forgotten about Pirates of the carribbean 4.... well can't say I'mm too excited for it myself tbh

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77050

Supposed leak set photos from Clash of the titans 2 aka Wrath of the titans, whichever it's gonna be called. Would like some more info on it though

:cool:
Reply 1594
Phase two of bedroom movie poster madness is complete. :awesome:

Reply 1595
Original post by channy

Good grief, are they actually going through with this? I was hoping it was only rumours. I shudder. :frown:

Hmm, Chris Nolan, they say. A glimmer of hope.

Anyway, I've been AWOL for a couple of days, in which time I watched just one movie: Bad Jim. It's the first old western I've watched (the only other one being the remake of True Grit), and I found it quite enjoyable. I couldn't find much information on it afterwards, though - it isn't even on Wikipedia.

Also, James Brolin looks exactly like Josh.
Original post by Abiraleft
Good grief, are they actually going through with this? I was hoping it was only rumours. I shudder. :frown:

Hmm, Chris Nolan, they say. A glimmer of hope.

Anyway, I've been AWOL for a couple of days, in which time I watched just one movie: Bad Jim. It's the first old western I've watched (the only other one being the remake of True Grit), and I found it quite enjoyable. I couldn't find much information on it afterwards, though - it isn't even on Wikipedia.

Also, James Brolin looks exactly like Josh.

You haven't watched many Westerns, eh? It's my lucky day :awesome:

You need to watch:

The Dollars Trilogy-
-A Fistful Of Dollars
-For a Few Dollars More
-The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

A Fistful Of Dynamite

Once Upon A Time In The West (this is probably the best Western ever)

High Plains Drifter

The Outlaw Josey Wales

3:10 To Yuma

Unforgiven

The Wild Bunch

I'll let you know if I think of any more :h:
The most attractive thing about living in America is easily Netflix. When the hell are they going to release it over here?
Original post by Stray_talk
I used to respect you :hmmm:
:tongue:

Ok, you have my respect back again.
The Prestige is brilliant, brilliant stuff. I even don't dislike Scarlet Johansson in it.

Oh, so you're one of those 'folk' (think Serenity is a better film that Empire Strikes Back) :dry:

Meh, your opinion. The Prestige is. Well, aren't most films directed by Nolan? Have you seen the Illusionist? That poor (inferior) film which always gets lapped with The Prestige even though they have little in common really.

His brother (as we know they work well together), Jonathan, is also involved in some film projects. The most interesting one, in which Christopher is not involved, is Interstellar.

In June 2006, Steven Spielberg announced he would direct a scientifically accurate film about "a group of explorers who travel through a worm hole and into another dimension",

Sounds promising.

Original post by zjs
Where's your list? :holmes:

You mean the thread? I'm currently actively avoiding updating it. Maintaining that list is tiring.

Original post by NikNakWakAtak

:cool:

You should really give Leon, Amelie, Black Swan, Der Untergang, Annie Hall, Kill Bill and Scarface a watch. But a solid list there. :tongue:
Original post by aja89
Ten thousand 'American hero slays Bin Laden' scripts being written as we speak.

As reported late last year, director Kathryn Bigelow is set to re-team with The Hurt Locker writer Mark Boal for an international thriller about a team of Black Ops soldiers. Now, Variety reveals that the script itself has been about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden and is being updated to incorporate yesterday's events into the climax of the film.

The project, which was being prepped to move forward before news broke of the successful United States top secret operation, was previously planned as a smaller-scale effort designed to hit before Bigelow's upcoming massive ensemble, Triple Frontier. Though it's too soon to say how quickly the as-of-yet-untitled film's screenplay will be ready given the recent developments, it's likely to find a production start in the very near future.

Read more: Kathryn Bigelow's Next to Feature Bin Laden Kill - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77074#ixzz1LIUYt98W

:mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending